Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: Morrissey in the Buffy (Angel) comics!

I haven't been to this forum in a while, but I had to come here just to post this. Strange and unexpected reference indeed!

The latest released issue of the comic "Angel and Faith" - which is a part of the canon comic continuation of the TV shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel", published by Dark Horse (issue #11, "Family Reunion, part 1"), contained these panels:

It takes place in London, these two are a couple of minor characters who are vain and shallow (and over 100 years old - but they've used magic to keep themselves from aging) and this is where they promised the protagonists to look after the house while they're gone, so the point of this moment is that they've changed their minds as soon as they learned about a Moz gig in Prague.

When I read this, I thought "they are really how you imagine Morrissey fans at all", but I suspect that the writer, Christos Gage, who's an American trying to get British references into the comic that takes place in London, picked Moz just because he was looking for a popular British pop artist... I guess that's a compliment of sorts, that he's seen as a typical British pop culture reference?

:lbf::rofl::crazy::laughing:

This is so cool! :) And quite appropriate too, since Jesse is a friend of Joss Whedon's and has quite extensive "Buffy" connections.:cool:

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey in the Buffy (Angel) comics!

Oh bother.

15032174.jpg

Re: Bradley Wiggins likes The Smiths

I saw that yesterday. He seems like a cool kid r Bradley. It's not normal for a Northerner to want a cockney to do well ;) but I'm really pleased for him and hope there are no slip ups between now and Sunday.

I saw that yesterday. He seems like a cool kid r Bradley. It's not normal for a Northerner to want a cockney to do well ;) but I'm really pleased for him and hope there are no slip ups between now and Sunday.

He's based at the Manchester Velodrome and he lives in Chorley - so we're claiming him as a northerner - forget his accent and his general Weller obsession - he's as northern as mushy peas, whippets and flat caps these days :)

Dave

I'm sure this is very obvious and I am the last to know. I like Tennessee Williams but I had never read or seen The Glass Menagerie. I picked it up secondhand recently and found two places where a central character is referred to as "Shakespeare's Sister."

Not really sure why the Bradley Wiggins thread was merged with Strange Unexpected... But, hey ho...

Johnny Marr sent Bradley a congratulatory tweet and Bradley responded:
@Johnny_Marr: @bradwiggins Congrats Bradley. Nicely done. Johnny M
@bradwiggins: @Johnny_Marr Thank you mate, it's been overwhelming

Dave

Born in Belgium.

Kristeen Young did an in-depth interview with an Israeli Radio Station, 106FM.
http://www.106fm.co.il

It's about an hour long, and it features 6 songs played from her albums(not done live). She mentions collaborating with Morrissey and their working relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Mars-Jones panned Martin Amis' new novel, "Lioniel Asbo", in the London Review of Books. He made an interesting point which is as germane to our man as it is to Amis:

"That’s the great disadvantage of mannerism. If your way of doing things is as distinctive as Amis’s (or El Greco’s, or Morrissey’s) then your best effects have more in common with your worst efforts than they do with anything else. When you’re in competition largely with yourself, no amount of stamina will help."

Adam Mars-Jones panned Martin Amis' new novel, "Lioniel Asbo", in the London Review of Books. He made an interesting point which is as germane to our man as it is to Amis:

"That’s the great disadvantage of mannerism. If your way of doing things is as distinctive as Amis’s (or El Greco’s, or Morrissey’s) then your best effects have more in common with your worst efforts than they do with anything else. When you’re in competition largely with yourself, no amount of stamina will help."
this explains a lot to me :straightface:
because even when I don't like a Morrissey song :eek:
I still like a lot of them more than any of other people's music :o

german band kraftclub refers to moz in a song "no lovesong".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA250jU384Y
So sitz ich hier, mit Stift und Papier. Alleine. Nichts funktioniert.
Was ich schreibe ist scheiße. Banaler, austauschbarer Müll.
Morrissey hat schon alles gesagt was ich sagen will.
Und er redet Englisch und kennt dich nicht mal.
Und ist 52 Jahre, schlußendlich egal.
Weil eigentlich, auch wenn es peinlich ist,
wollte ich nur ein Liebeslied schreiben für dich.
translation
so Im sitting here alone with pen and paper, nothing happens.
everything i write is trite,replaceable trash
morrissey has already said everything i want to express
and he speaks english and doesnt even know you
and is 52 ,doesnt matter anyhow
cause actually even if Im embarrass myself
i just wanted to write a lovesong for you.

on saturday night 28th ,they show rockpalast the smiths (84) again at 3.10 am. on german tv:eins festival
coincidence or a smiths fan there who cant attend manchester and needs consolsement..
its a digital channel so it can be seen on astra satelite sewhere
http://www.einsfestival.de/sendungen.jsp?ID=8300429817
Astra 1KR auf 19,2 Grad East“ (Transponder 51, Downlink-Frequenz 10,7438 GHz).

Kristeen Young did an in-depth interview with an Israeli Radio Station, 106FM.
http://www.106fm.co.il

It's about an hour long, and it features 6 songs played from her albums(not done live). She mentions collaborating with Morrissey and their working relationship.

Hey Skylarker, have you masturbated extensively to this yet? It's an hour long, you could probably pop off two if you play your cards right. Creeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom