Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: Smiths TOTP2 BBCi Player William It Was...

Thank you, george barker. I ran back into the room when it came on, and didn't know whether the presenter was in earnest when mentioning that the song on after was an influence on Morrissey's penchant for wielding flowers! That was Terry Wogan's 1978 hit with The Floral Dance ?-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Floral_Dance

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard "How Soon is Now?" playing in the background of Live House of Lords :lbf:

Just heard "How Soon is Now?" playing in the background of Live House of Lords :lbf:

Y'know bad trips don't count here, right?

Not exactly unexpected...and probably previously spotted, but 3 minutes into the film 'Bande á part'(Band of Outsiders) which Morrissey has mentioned before, Claude Brasseur says the line, 'The kid's a looker'.

On Richard Bacon's show on Wednesday pm the Moan-In slot (after 3:30pm) featured professional Morrissey hater David Quantick as the guest
who recounted a tale about hw he had been given a bottle of E-cover washing up liquid by the pop singer Morrissey.

As Mozipedia details Morrissey had a bizarre fascination with this particular brand of washing-up liquid in the late 80's.

All rather cryptic

On Richard Bacon's show on Wednesday pm the Moan-In slot (after 3:30pm) featured professional Morrissey hater David Quantick as the guest
who recounted a tale about hw he had been given a bottle of E-cover washing up liquid by the pop singer Morrissey.

As Mozipedia details Morrissey had a bizarre fascination with this particular brand of washing-up liquid in the late 80's.

All rather cryptic

What a weirdo..

who recounted a tale about he he had been given a bottle of E-cover washing up liquid by the pop singer Morrissey.

To wash his mouth out, presumably...

Re: Morrissey on slicing up eyeballs favorite covers playlist

In the mc chris song kleptomaniac he calls for the shoplifters of the world to reunite

on the Daily Show last night, when talking about the election of "Mohammed Morsi" in Egypt, at one point they showed a picture of Morrissey instead

on the Daily Show last night, when talking about the election of "Mohammed Morsi" in Egypt, at one point they showed a picture of Morrissey instead

How very wickedly witty of them. :lbf:

I'd love to see Morrissey interviewed by Stephen Colbert.

No I wouldn't.

Morrissey in the Buffy (Angel) comics!

I haven't been to this forum in a while, but I had to come here just to post this. Strange and unexpected reference indeed!

The latest released issue of the comic "Angel and Faith" - which is a part of the canon comic continuation of the TV shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel", published by Dark Horse (issue #11, "Family Reunion, part 1"), contained these panels:

2dm5yc4.jpg

It takes place in London, these two are a couple of minor characters who are vain and shallow (and over 100 years old - but they've used magic to keep themselves from aging) and this is where they promised the protagonists to look after the house while they're gone, so the point of this moment is that they've changed their minds as soon as they learned about a Moz gig in Prague.

When I read this, I thought "they are really how you imagine Morrissey fans at all", but I suspect that the writer, Christos Gage, who's an American trying to get British references into the comic that takes place in London, picked Moz just because he was looking for a popular British pop artist... I guess that's a compliment of sorts, that he's seen as a typical British pop culture reference?

And it gets better - the preview pages for the next issue have just been released on the Dark Horse website, and behold:

208yy47.jpg

:lbf::rofl::crazy::laughing:

Re: Morrissey in the Buffy (Angel) comics!

Do English people really say "Oh bother" when their houses are burgled?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom