Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Last edited:
My friend reported that Japanese tabloid Tokyo Chunichi mentioned Morrissey who introduced his band as Sexy Zone when he played in Kawasaki.
Sexy Zone is a name of a Japanese teenybopper boy band.

In this article they described Morrissey as one of the biggest British pop singers and prodigious poet without mentioning ex-Smiths. :)

Last edited:
yay! more hip ass kids with a digital camera and their parents money to waste on euro spray paint who are like totally into morrissey.

i bet your favorite moz album is the smiths.

i honestly find you more annoying than the trolls on this board. please leave.

Last night on his BBC6Music show Guy Garvey chose to salute the "bleak and beautiful" lyrics of Morrissey.

Apparently he only wrote "bleak and beautiful" lyrics whilst a member of The Smiths ( :rolleyes: ho-f***in'-hum)

GG played 3 examples ~ 'How Soon Is Now?', a quite lovely cover version of 'This Night Has Opened My Eyes' by The Separate {featuring Joan as Policewoman}, and a quite unlovely cover of 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want' by Nancy Elizabeth. Mr.Garvey seemed to imply Nancy sang the lyric more beautifully than Morrissey. Well, if you've ever drifted off whilst bored at work and wondered 'Just how would the Mice in Bagpuss sing a Morrissey lyric?' then, friend, wonder no more...

BBC iPlayer link ~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01k6gw5

Show info ~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k6gw5#segments

In Thomas Frank's new book, Pity the Billionaire, one of the subheadings of the Introduction chapter is entitled, "Little Man, What Now?".

This blurb was in the June 22nd issue of the Austin (Texas) Chronicle. It's about an local filmmaker who's making a film called "Morrissey Mexican Gangbanger".

Morrissey Mexican Gangbang

Prolific solo rocker and Golden Boys guitarist John Wesley Coleman III has announced a cast and crew call for a film titled Morrissey Mexican Gangbanger. The feature-length film will chronicle the violent exploits of a Moz-obsessed gangster on Austin's Eastside. "With film, as I do with music, I want to experiment with a culture clash," explains Coleman. "Morrissey's connection with the Mexican gang scene is the perfect example of that." Besides, JWC3's home streets make idyllic scenery. "The Eastside reminds me of a suburb of L.A. because of the mixed-culture population and all the good taco places and chickens running around." Soundtrack plans involve his favorite local bands recording music that sounds like the Smiths. This is the first stab at directing a feature for Coleman, who's shot short films and videos under his production handle Ghost Deer Cinema. Beg Wes for an audition at [email protected].

http://www.austinchronicle.com/music/2012-06-22/playback/

this does not count really, but so what?
anyways, so I am talking to another American here(not an everyday occurrence for me) and when talk of music comes up I say how I really am into Morrissey and she says:
"Isn't he that guy who hates Chinese people?" :eek:
that was the unexpected part, but really I guess it should not be, this is the 2nd time a Chinese American has mentioned something like this to me(in person)
since he made his "China related" remarks :straightface:
I mean, I tried to explain what he meant, both times, but at times like the above, I really just wish he had kept his big mouth closed :cool:

note to self: make a list of all the groups of people that Morrissey has said negative things about:
the Chinese, immigrants to the UK, Norwegians? etc, etc, etc :rolleyes:
and don't mention that I really like his music when talking to people that fit those categories :squiffy:

note to self: make a list of all the groups of people that Morrissey has said negative things about:
the Chinese, immigrants to the UK, Norwegians? etc, etc, etc :rolleyes:
and don't mention that I really like his music when talking to people that fit those categories :squiffy:

But Robby, if you make that list ( of all the groups of people Moz has apparently bad-mouthed) and avoid Moz mentions to anyone on that list ... Robby, you'll never be able to talk to anyone about Morrissey ever again !:eek:

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom