Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that it matters a great deal, but if you actively set out on the Internet every day with the intention of trying to find articles and clips that relate in some tentative way to Morrissey, then the things you find are scarcely "unexpected". On the contrary, they're wholly expected.

From How John Lennon helped to bring down Communism (although he was still wrong about everything) (The Telegraph, 2010):

"Who cares what Bono thinks about economics? Who cares what Morrissey and Johnny Marr think about politics? Their views carry about as much weight as David Cameron’s views on music or Sarah Palin's views on physics (or on politics, for that matter)."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/e...although-he-was-still-wrong-about-everything/

Matt Walker Interview from 2008 on "Wilmette's Got Talent". He was featured on a very cheezy local cable access show in Matt's hometown of Wilmette, Illinois (USA). He mentions touring with Morrissey, being a rock n' roll Dad of 3 kids, and his various side projects. He seems like a very nice guy. Matt's segment starts at the 15:35 mark, and goes until the 23:02.

In the new issue of 'NME' John Lydon (cover star) is asked at the end of his interview what he thinks of the other band re-unions at the moment (not that PiL is a re-union); Pulp can be good, would like to see Stone Roses at some point, when asked about 'the biggest of them all' - the possibility of a Smiths re-union he is less positive: 'I think I'd have to draw the line at that one; Moz and all those daffs? - bit too much like Dame Edna Everage'

Well, they were gladioli, in both cases, but never mind. I still love him.

He also responds to some famous fans' questions, including Johnny Marr (he must have an office at 'NME' towers these days, he's in it so often...) Marr asks for Lydon's favourite John McGeogh moment in PiL. Lydon basically says he was a drunk; a good friend, who he loved, but a drunk nonetheless.

Plus, no promo ad of any kind for the Manchester concert. 'Q' and 'Mojo', yes, but no 'NME'. Mildly curious.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not this actually classifies an a M. reference, but I've certainly always found it amusing.

The milk machines in my school have Alma Matters written on them, Alma being the name of an an Estonian dairy house. I used my last day of school wisely and took a (sadly hazy) photograph of it. :)

1j820l.jpg

Last edited:
I have finally started reading:
Bite+Me.jpg

& this little gem of dialogue was in it:
Foo asked. “Don’t those hurt?”
Jared tossed his hair out of his eyes.
“Well, it’s like Morrissey said, ‘Life is suffering.’”
“I think the Buddha said that.”
“I’m pretty sure Morrissey said it first—like, back in the eighties.”

I have finally started reading:
Bite+Me.jpg

& this little gem of dialogue was in it:
Foo asked. “Don’t those hurt?”
Jared tossed his hair out of his eyes.
“Well, it’s like Morrissey said, ‘Life is suffering.’”
“I think the Buddha said that.”
“I’m pretty sure Morrissey said it first—like, back in the eighties.”

Lol! Good find, Robby!

State Home For Manic Pixie Dream Girls - The Katie Willert Video Experience, Season 2

Specifically, at 2:15

P.

Re: State Home For Manic Pixie Dream Girls - The Katie Willert Video Experience, Seas

After a high-profile BBC programme about clerical child sexual abuse this week, subsequent heated debate and calls for bishops to stand down etc, tonight Paul McLoon aptly played Children in Pieces on TodayFM Radio, which no matter what was going on and however relevant, I didn't really think I'd ever hear on the radio. :guitar:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom