Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Aw, possibly it's the first time I hear I Will Never Be Anybody's Hero Now on the radio.

BBC 6 Music Andrew Collins show is playing the song right now.

One of the listeners' comments were AC famously hated Morrissey, but he cheekily replied that he famously LOVED Morrissey.

Last edited:
Thanks to a dog bit, Morrissey is now trending on Yahoo...right above Rebecca Black

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Morrissey Stripper shock!

Attending the Bluestockings burlesque cabaret night last week, Bethnal Green working mens club, it was announced that Morrissey himself was appearing.

On came a woman, or was it?, cloaked in a big union jack. This was throw aside, and to the strains of Sheila takes a bow, a veritable Christmas tree of balloons was revealed. One by one these were popped to reveal....a nearly naked Morrissey.

She had sensible shoes n socks, slicked back 80's Smiths hair and those NHS glasses on. A pair of Salford Underpants stood between herself and complete exposure. Finally the last two balloons breached - to reveal a nice pair of blooms upon her mammary-glands.

My friend and I - devotees of course - were gagging and shaking in shock. How were we supposed to explain the sight of this to our Wives? I could only wonder how I was going to post it on here?

Where shall I post the photographs???

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0231170321778.316874.538496777&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0231170321778.316874.538496777&type=1&theater

Re: Strange/ unexpected Morrissey / Smiths references

BBC 6 Music Nemone's show right now Mike Joyce is talking about current British music scene.

*edit*
He'll sitting for BBC 6 Music Marc Riley show 25 - 28 July when Marc is on holiday.

Last edited:

I was doing a "Shop" in the local ASDA this morning, and the "Radio ASDA" guy started talking about Morrisseys Autobiography being released....then a stoopid ASDA employee started another announcement about price reductions over the radio broadscast thing, so I never heard the full Autobiography announcement....But, I can jolly well tell you, I gave her an AWFUL look as I was leaving....There, That'll teach her....

I was doing a "Shop" in the local ASDA this morning, and the "Radio ASDA" guy started talking about Morrisseys Autobiography being released....then a stoopid ASDA employee started another announcement about price reductions over the radio broadscast thing, so I never heard the full Autobiography announcement....But, I can jolly well tell you, I gave her an AWFUL look as I was leaving....There, That'll teach her....

Is Morrissey's next album going to be released exclusively by Asda then? I would have thought he'd be more Morrissons myself. Morrissey at Morrissons. (He probably only shops in Waitrose nowadays, if only the young Morrissey could see himself pushing trolleys in middle-class aisles and buying full fat hummus and stuffed vine leaves)

Hardly strange or unexpected nowadays but How Soon Is Now played in the background of the Rovers Return as possessive ex-Afghan troop Gary found out his girlfriend Izzy in the wheelchair had been robbed in town; whilst the possibilities of Saturday night karaoke were discussed. Novemebr Spawned A monster would have been more apt but hey, ho....

I'm sure I used to go out on Fridays. Think I'll watch the Lemmy documentary on BBC4.

Listening to Test Match Special (England vs India, Day 3) and another mention of A Chance To Shine.

Alas not Morrissey related (though who knows the instigator of the charity maybe a fan) but The Cricket Foundation charity launched Chance to Shine supported by Brit Insurance in May 2005 and set out to bring competitive cricket - and its educational benefits - back to at least a third of the country’s state schools initially over a ten year period. It is the single biggest school sport development initiative ever undertaken in Britain. Read more

Top Gear.... (I know I know and no, I'm not going to insert a crass Amy Winehouse joke at this juncture) the first item is about the new Jensen Interceptor

Steve Macdonald sang 'Please, Please, Plea...' in the pub, and Tracy Barlow came in and said something like ''Scotch and The Smiths? That's a recipe for suicide'' or something like that, then Steve replied with something about Moz.

where can i see this online or anywhere!?

2.30am ITV2! Or ITV player if in UK anytime or omnibus on Saturday morning, sorry dunno what channel or what time.

--------------------------------

In work bloke I work with who is 10 years younger than me (gulp) said is that the Smiths on your mug as he made the tea round? I replied in the affirmative. (well its Billie Whitelaw as the cover star for William it was Really Nothing but you get the picture...)

said bloke then asked if I'd seen morrissey live to which I replied in the affirmative (...a few times)

said bloke then said he and his brother were at the G-Mex gig on 23rd Dec in 2006 to which I replied I was too. (we're both from South Wales so it wasn't like going to a gig round the corner)

said bloke then said he wasn't a fan of Morrissey beforehand and was only going cos his brother's girlfirend was ill and was sort of dreading it but it was a free ticket.
After the night he said it was one of the best gigs he'd ever been to and is now a firm fan.

Tracey .....A bottle of scotch and the smiths ey chuck in a length of rope and you got yourself a DIY suicide kit"
Steve......." all suicide is DIY, and if anything was tip me over the edge it wouldn't be the sound of Morrissey, it would be the sound of you gloating.

Last edited:
I'm allowed my radio on at work as the main boss is on holiday, I turned radio 2 to the begginimg of "half a person". The dj said after that it was "perfect pop music".:D

I'm allowed my radio on at work as the main boss is on holiday, I turned radio 2 to the begginimg of "half a person". The dj said after that it was "perfect pop music".:D

I heard that as well, not a song you expect to hear on any radio station. It sounded really good though :thumb:

I found a little Smiths reference while playing Animal Crossing: Wild World the other day. I talked to a character named Dr. Shrunk, a salamander who likes to talk about feelings. He wears a yellow shirt and when I talked to him he said, "I wear yellow on the outside, because yellow is how I feel on the inside." I guess somebody writing dialogue for the game was a fan.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom