Strange/unexpected Moz references?

DSC00392.jpg

Well, whatever this was, it's already gone...

Is anyone watching BBC2 right now?

Neil Morrissey is exploring about social care system in the country, he mentioned about one of his brothers who sadly passed away age of 39.
Yes, he had a brother called Stephen (Steven?).

I took my mini for its MOT today and parked it next to a Jensen Interceptor :cool:

Dave

I was watching this video of Franz Ferdinand today, and Morrissey was mentioned.

(He's mentioned at 3:48)

Last edited by a moderator:
"meat is murder! Meat! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!"

From Market Kitchen on the UK Food channel within the last hour...

They've not really thought it through...

Re: "meat is murder! Meat! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!"

Anyone seen the big billboards about Gt. Manchester (I saw this in Walkden) of a brand (not sure what brand it is) but it's got written on it

'MORE INTELLIGENT THAN MORRISSEY' on a colourful background, purple, I think...

next weeks edition of the Radio times (uk radio/tv listings magazine) has an article about Kirsty Young and Desert Island discs,
she picks her 8 most mermorable and lo and behold Moz is one of them..

"It took us comfortably 3 years to get him here, on the day that we were due to record I thought chances are hes not going to turn up,
he did turn up and obviously his reputation preceedes him, which is something hes worked hard at,
he doesn't really try to make people feel comfortable"

I LOL'd a lot at the last line, why should he make YOU feel comfortable when you are the host not him?
I thought he seemed to like her..If he hadnt it would have been so much worse.. lol

next weeks edition of the Radio times (uk radio/tv listings magazine) has an article about Kirsty Young and Desert Island discs,
she picks her 8 most mermorable and lo and behold Moz is one of them..

"It took us comfortably 3 years to get him here, on the day that we were due to record I thought chances are hes not going to turn up,
he did turn up and obviously his reputation preceedes him, which is something hes worked hard at,
he doesn't really try to make people feel comfortable"

I LOL'd a lot at the last line, why should he make YOU feel comfortable when you are the host not him?
I thought he seemed to like her..If he hadnt it would have been so much worse.. lol

I saw that today too; thought it was sweet. Maybe she thought he didn't like her, but then she probably hasn't suffered through the many Morrissey encounters with interviewers he really doesn't get along with, as most of us here have.
She must know it was a great broadcast though. I remember that show getting better reviews than any recent Moz LP!
Elisabeth Mahoney, 'The Guardian' radio critic, recently summed it up thus ~
"A marvel, mostly because I couldn't quite believe it was happening. Reclusive, mysterious Morrissey, at 50, being more open than you might imagine – talking about contemplating suicide, admitting that "nothing" comforts him – and also retreating spikily like a threatened hedgehog as Young pressed him for details. The whole interview was like an adaptation of a Smiths song: haughty, tender, lyrical and revelling in its otherworldly qualities. Young handled him brilliantly, even though you could hear the awe at times."

Also thought it was interesting that Paul Weller wasn't in Kirrrsty's Top 8 shows, despite being a teenage hero to her and an object of self-confessed obsession. Probably cos, despite being a 'GOOD BLOKE', The Modfather is dull as ditch water.

I saw that today too; thought it was sweet. Maybe she thought he didn't like her, but then she probably hasn't suffered through the many Morrissey encounters with interviewers he really doesn't get along with, as most of us here have.
She must know it was a great broadcast though. I remember that show getting better reviews than any recent Moz LP!
"A marvel, mostly because I couldn't quite believe it was happening. Reclusive, mysterious Morrissey, at 50, being more open than you might imagine – talking about contemplating suicide, admitting that "nothing" comforts him – and also retreating spikily like a threatened hedgehog as Young pressed him for details. The whole interview was like an adaptation of a Smiths song: haughty, tender, lyrical and revelling in its otherworldly qualities. Young handled him brilliantly, even though you could hear the awe at times."

Also thought it was interesting that Paul Weller wasn't in Kirrrsty's Top 8 shows, despite being a teenage hero to her and an object of self-confessed obsession. Probably cos, despite being a 'GOOD BLOKE', The Modfather is dull as ditch water.

That's really interesting...it reminds me of the early 90s when NME used to stick Morrissey on the cover. His record sales were pretty unspectacular at the time but appearing on the cover boosted the NME's circulation no end.

And Morrissey on Desert Island Discs was better than most of his recent recorded output!

From Market Kitchen on the UK Food channel within the last hour...

They've not really thought it through...

Weird. But Lisa Faulkner (the girl who answers the question) is a vegetarian. I like her. Although it kind of defeats the object of her vegetarianism when she goes on cooking shows that cook meat. :crazy:

I saw a book about Curitiba (the city where I live) called "Curitiba mudou ou mudei eu?" which can translated exactly to "has Curitiba changed or have I changed?". Od course I don't believe the author made it awake of "Queen is dead"'s line.... but the first time I saw this book I laughted a lot at it.

Neither strange nor unexpected to see Morrissey in The Guardian yesterday, but some of the venues are strange and unexpected in Scotland..

The best pop for spring 2011

Whatever else may be going on in his world, you can't fault Morrissey's ambition to take his music to some unlikely venues: it's presumably some time since a major rock star trod the boards of the Dumfermline Alhambra, or indeed Hawick town hall: the latter's other big spring event seems to be the Jack And Jill Market "an opportunity for mums and dads to buy and sell nearly new baby and kids' clothes".

Tour begins Perth Concert Hall (01738 472 709), 16 June.

Neither strange nor unexpected to see Morrissey in The Guardian yesterday, but some of the venues are strange and unexpected in Scotland..

Whatever else may be going on in his world, you can't fault Morrissey's ambition to take his music to some unlikely venues: it's presumably some time since a major rock star trod the boards of the Dumfermline Alhambra, or indeed Hawick town hall: the latter's other big spring event seems to be the Jack And Jill Market "an opportunity for mums and dads to buy and sell nearly new baby and kids' clothes".

Tour begins on Wednesday 15th June.

hehe i saw some home made moz baby sleepers some time ago(could be around here or on ebay)
belle and sebastian sell baby sleepers on their current tour too

aww nice review, and yes I thought he quite liked her, he wouldnt have been half as talkative else.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom