Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Thanks for this Joe, really interesting. I am intrigued to see the Lennon programme as Christopher Ecclestone is top notch in most things he does. :thumb:

I agree about Ecclestone. I just can't stick Lennon. I'm torn :confused:

i will watch "longford*" tomorrow on TV ...

Biopic of Lord Longford, known for many years for his work with prisoners and prisoners rights in general. The film focuses on Longford's work on behalf of Myra Hindley convicted, along with her boyfriend Ian Brady, of several child murders in the 60ties..

i wonder if the film maybe uses" suffer little children"?

As this thread is called Strange/unexpected Moz references the emergence of a photo of Morrissey with Lady GaGa and some other bloke is one of the most unexpected yet.

Well I Wonder if he enjoyed the show and if he had a grope on Ga-Ga's bits to find out if GaGa is actually a South African 800m runner in disguise?

As this thread is called Strange/unexpected Moz references the emergence of a photo of Morrissey with Lady GaGa and some other bloke is one of the most unexpected yet.

Well I Wonder if he enjoyed the show and if he had a grope on Ga-Ga's bits to find out if GaGa is actually a South African 800m runner in disguise?

it certainly is one of the most unexpected and strange so far.
*sighs*

On James cordens world cup show on itv4 tonight, noel gallagher and russel brand were on. James commented on russels singing in his new film and suggested he sounded like our moz. Brand then agreed and said it was because he'd had morrissey pumping through him all his life and then they both started to do their best impressions of moz. Quite funny and nice to hear our moz get a mention.

I think corden must be a fan as this isn't the first time hrs done his moz impression, he did it on gavin and stacey aswell

In Nylon magazine July 2010 - The Music Issue, on the page about Manchester next to the picture of the salford lads club it says, "Salford lad's club: irate taxi driver who had obviously never heard of the smiths sitting just out of shot." On page 138 there is also a picture of a smiths album.

Mr.Ecclestone once again, this time in 'The Guardian' Guide supplement.
He is discussing his love of Manchester United and his respect for Paul Scholes, and states that meeting England's greatest living midfielder* even topped the time he bumped into Morrissey in Waterstone's on Deansgate.

*(f*** you stevieG)

morrisseybravomagsuedeh.jpg

morrisey was in bravo once.wow-very strange...bravo is the german equivalent of smash hits/even though smash hits was way cooler than bravo as they championised also good bands on a regular basis and wrote some interesting articles next to the silly teenie bopper bands
bravo was/is imfamous for their sex education sites...
as a pre-teen i didnt bought bravo very often, i did rather bought "popcorn" and" mädchen"..
btw in morrissey`s james dean book there is a james cover of bravo in there too
havent seen the pic either before-thanks this charmess girl

the translation. :D

perrecy`a translation is abit diff esp the end

velourskopf

Warum kamst Du her?
Und wa-harum bleibst Du noch länger?
Es tut mir leid, es tut mir leid

Warum kamst Du her, wenn Du weißt das macht mein Leben noch schwerer?
Oh, warum kamst Du her?

Warum rufst Du mich an?
Und wa-ha-rum so'n dämliches Telegramm?
Es tut mir leid

Warum kamst Du her, wenn Du weißt das macht mein Leben noch schwerer?
Oh, warum kamst Du her?

Du schlichst Dich in mein Zimmer rein
sahst in mein Tagebuch hinein
Du wolltest doch nur sehn, doch nur sehn
all die Dinge die da über Dich drin stehn
oh, so viele kleine Bildchen, ohoh

Mir wird übel, oh, mir wird so übel jetzt

Jedoch der Sex war gut..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtWny9Epcic
more http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=87226&highlight=perrecy

Last edited:
Last edited:
On James cordens world cup show on itv4 tonight, noel gallagher and russel brand were on. James commented on russels singing in his new film and suggested he sounded like our moz. Brand then agreed and said it was because he'd had morrissey pumping through him all his life and then they both started to do their best impressions of moz. Quite funny and nice to hear our moz get a mention.

I think corden must be a fan as this isn't the first time hrs done his moz impression, he did it on gavin and stacey aswell

Oh I missed this and I even watched the first 10 minutes on ITV1 but felt like I was watching a car crash in a supermarket car park ref: that fat talentless wanker and Russell Bland. I doubt even Morrissey impressions would have changed my mind.

Lets hope MOrrissey in his new role as Lady Gaga's gimp doesn't appear on it

I went to watch the recording of Alan Carr's 'Chatty Man' show on Friday night. It was aired last night but alas the Moz mention had been cut, along with a lot of other stuff but anyway:
Russell Brand was a guest and when he came on was telling Alan Carr how much Morrissey 'loves him'. Carr then said "Oh I love Morrissey, I think he's great. I went to his 50th birthday show last year". Blah blah etc, then said that he has a flat in Stretford & that he's finding it impossible to sell (mostly due to the bullet hole in the patio doors...!) and that he was telling Morrissey's mum this at the birthday bash. Morrissey then appeared and told Alan "Don't try your new material out on my mother" and walked away.

Ahhh, Moz. Ever the people person!

I went to watch the recording of Alan Carr's 'Chatty Man' show on Friday night. It was aired last night but alas the Moz mention had been cut, along with a lot of other stuff but anyway:
Russell Brand was a guest and when he came on was telling Alan Carr how much Morrissey 'loves him'. Carr then said "Oh I love Morrissey, I think he's great. I went to his 50th birthday show last year". Blah blah etc, then said that he has a flat in Stretford & that he's finding it impossible to sell (mostly due to the bullet hole in the patio doors...!) and that he was telling Morrissey's mum this at the birthday bash. Morrissey then appeared and told Alan "Don't try your new material out on my mother" and walked away.

Ahhh, Moz. Ever the people person!

ahahahaha! I knew that when Brand went on Carrs show there'd be some 'moz loves me more than you' banter.. :rolleyes:

I loved that impression - it was brilliant along with the old lady from next door playing There Is A Light That Never Goes Out on her acoustic guitar.

I loved that impression - it was brilliant along with the old lady from next door playing There Is A Light That Never Goes Out on her acoustic guitar.

I just saw that yesterday on BBC America....my kids called me into the living room saying, "THERE'S AN OLD LADY SINGING THE SMITHS ON THIS SHOW!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom