Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I was at a boring health care presentation on Friday for work. One of the presenters was a very cute guy who mentioned he had recently seen Depeche Mode. I said, "Hey I was there!" and realized my co-worker I went with was sitting beside me so I included, ''So was he..." Shortly after that he mentioned he'd gone to see Morrissey. I said, "Me too! In Manchester, England for his birthday- two nights!" He asked if that was where the video was shot. I said, "No that was his 45th. This was his 50th." So I figured the guy was legit. I had wondered if he just said it because he saw my "Louder Than Bombs" T-shirt!

Stuart Murdock (Belle & Sebastian) has a side project - God Help The Girl

There's a photo on their website of a woman in a Rank t-shirt. Which was a nice surprise :) http://godhelpthegirl.com/music

Dave

Ok, which one of you is Hilary? Don't be shy, we love him too :p

wenn5340567__oPt.jpg

"My ultimate dream would be to do a song with Morrissey.
I would be so embarrased (sic). I would never actually ask for it to happen. We're so different, but i (sic) love him"

- Hilary Duff, to PEOPLE Magaizne (sic)

Thanks, Perez!
http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-11-quote-of-the-day-604

(Hey, the girl has great taste!)
And Perez can't spell!

Last edited:
Ok, which one of you is Hilary? Don't be shy, we love him too :p

wenn5340567__oPt.jpg

"My ultimate dream would be to do a song with Morrissey.
I would be so embarrased (sic). I would never actually ask for it to happen. We're so different, but i (sic) love him"

- Hilary Duff, to PEOPLE Magaizne (sic)

Thanks, Perez!
http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-11-quote-of-the-day-604

(Hey, the girl has great taste!)
And Perez can't spell!

have you seen this comment?

LynneMessy
Dear Mr. Improper and Let's Go Devils,
The real Morrissey fans Grim O'Grady,Morrissey 23rd, Uncle Skinny, and Jukebox Jury will be waiting for you at Heathow

:lbf:

Watching WWE Breaking Point, the commentator just said something like "you have to ask the question how soon is now?" then followed it up with "everyday is like Sunday for William Regal [wrestler]."

Watching WWE Breaking Point, the commentator just said something like "you have to ask the question how soon is now?" then followed it up with "everyday is like Sunday for William Regal [wrestler]."

I came to post exactly this. The announcer just kept randomly dropping Moz references. He also said something like "It's Southpaw Grammar for Regal", "Regal, You are the Quarry" and he called Regal Johnny Marr.

I couldn't believe my ears.

I was reading Planet Sound on Teletext, and one of the features was about how angry Ian Brown is about the Stone Roses' anniversary boxset, not least because it's so heavy it feels like "someone has been stealing lead from a church roof to make it". Vicar.., anyone?

I came to post exactly this. The announcer just kept randomly dropping Moz references. He also said something like "It's Southpaw Grammar for Regal", "Regal, You are the Quarry" and he called Regal Johnny Marr.

I couldn't believe my ears.

Hahaha! That is so bizarre :laughing:

have you seen this comment?

LynneMessy
Dear Mr. Improper and Let's Go Devils,
The real Morrissey fans Grim O'Grady,Morrissey 23rd, Uncle Skinny, and Jukebox Jury will be waiting for you at Heathow

LynneMessy
Kewpie just try and ban me on Morrissey-solo.

On the Paul McLoone show on TodayFm here in Ireland last night, he played "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" and described it as "an anthem in the Pasquale household".:lbf::lbf::lbf:

I've been watching the series Blackpool, it made me smile last night when this came on. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting into a conversation about Morrissey's Omagh show in May...in French...with my French teacher.

Unfortunately I've got a bit of a stutter, I'm not very good at French and I'm even worse when I'm excited about something. Especially something like 'oh my God, you like Morrissey! Let's alienate the rest of the class and just talk about le quiff.' :rolleyes:

...does frink translate to frinque or what? :p

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom