Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Last edited:
what movie was it? john is great:)

Must be 'High Fidelity'.

I'm still jealous that one of my friends who went to watch High Fidelity at Odeon Leicester Square when film was released.
She spotted Ralph Finnes in the lobby, later he sat next to her!

Must be 'High Fidelity'.

I'm still jealous that one of my friends who went to watch High Fidelity at Odeon Leicester Square when film was released.
She spotted Ralph Finnes in the lobby, later he sat next to her!

oh yes, that totally escaped me:o

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106426175&sc=fb&cc=fp

"Sountracking A Movie"
NPR interview with 500 Days of Summer director Mark Webb. Click "Listen Now."

The director basically says that Morrissey is viewed by many as "the voice of heartbreak" and that the Zooey character's love of The Smiths is "ominous" because if a girl loves The Smiths as much as you do, you know where the relationship is heading :rolleyes:

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want plays beautifully in the background.

Ben Sheppard reviewing the new Harry Potter film on ITV has just uttered the line; "There's panic on the streets of London"

Dave

I'm glad I've heard a Morrissey song in TV!:D it is a spanish documentary called "Planeta finito". They were talking about the beautiful Poland, a very well structured review, and when they talked about cracovia, what did i expected to hear but "First of the gang to die"?:eek:, a very nice surprise, and a very nice documentary for those lucky ones who're going to attend the varsaw gig!:cool:

here's is the link for the video, watch minute 26:05 !:guitar:
http://www.megavideo.com/?s=seriesyonkis&v=OUB7IQK4&confirmed=1

and here's the link for the official " planeta finito" page, I think you can choose the english option if you don´t talk the most beautiful language in the world (spanish hehe) (joking, joking):lbf:
http://www.seriesyonkis.com/capitulo/planeta-finito/polonia-con-darek/35943/

Tight. Thanks for sharing. Y español si es el idioma mas bello del mundo. :thumb:

Had 2 unusual references today!
Was at the Barnes and Noble in Pueblo, Colorado, and saw this gift for sale:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_19661_365769_-1

Doesn't our Moz simply despise Jamie Oliver? Interesting choice of slogan Jamie!

Was reading the silly book I bought at Barnes and Noble called Momzillas, and to show the main characters despair over a bad break-up she listens to The Smiths.

Always something there to remind me:)

Article titled, Sounds of “Summer”, in today’s RedEye paper.

500 Days of Summer could become this year’s “Garden State” and that has a lot to do with the soundtrack.

It includes a cover of The Smith’s “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” by the band She & Him, which includes the film’s co-star, Zooey Deschanel.

“We had the choice of a number of different songs, and we chose that Smiths song,” Deschanel told Entertainment Weekly, “I appreciate a songwriter like Morrissey with so much restraint.”

The soundtrack includes Smiths miserablism and cheesy selections, such as Patrick Swayze’s “She’s Like the Wind,” which isn’t a criticism. You may not see all these songs on the album soundtrack, but listen for them in the film.

Us – Regina Spektor
There is a Light That Never Goes Out – the Smiths
The Boy with the Arab Strap – Belle & Sebastian
Bad Kids – Black Lips
Have I Been a Fool? – Jack Penate
There Goes the Fear – the Doves
You Make my Dreams – Hall & Oates
Knight Rider theme
Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
Quelqu’un M’a Dit –Carla Bruni
Veni, Vidi, Vici – Black Lips
The Music – Paper Rourke
Mushaboom – Feist
Hero – Regina Spektor
Infinite Pet – Spoon
Bookends – Simon & Garfunkel
Vegabond – Wolfmother
She’s Got You High – Mumm-Rah
Every Rose has its Thorns – Poison
Sugar Town – Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood as performed by Zooey Deschanel
Here Comes Your Man – the Pixies

Went in to the shop Game yesterday with my mate and "Thats how people grow up" was being played over the speakers, then last nite i was watching Curb Your enthusiasm, series 5, and when larrys talking about ben stillers birthday party, he said "its not your birthday anymore"

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom