Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Dermot O'Leary played The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get on his early morning BBC Radio 2 show of indie classics from the '90s, and said 'Ah, the great Morrissey. As they say, never meet your heroes. Met him twice, once for an interview which turned into a battles of wills and secondly on my honeymoon. Imagine meeting Morrissey on your honeymoon! Instead of wishing me and the current Mrs. O'Leary well, he just said "It won't last: these things never do". Thanks, Moz.' I expect Dermot's told this one a fair few times since he seems to have wed in 2012!
It's all so predictable. The play or mention of a song by Moz you like followed by the comment to stop you getting cancelled.

Record_Collector_-_Issue_544__May_2023_UserUpload.Net_page-0134.jpg

Briefest mention of Morrissey in this Vicki Wickham article (Record Collector, May 2023).

I wonder if that's why Boz was given his marching orders? After 30 years of keeping it hidden, Moz might have discovered him tucking into a juicy steak backstage? :unsure:

Not funny at all and a bit childish for a couple of sixty-year-olds :straightface:

I wonder if that's why Boz was given his marching orders? After 30 years of keeping it hidden, Moz might have discovered him tucking into a juicy steak backstage? :unsure:
Boz was never known to be vegetarian but having been in Morrissey's band so long, this comment seems ill-judged.

I'm pretty sure he left on friendly terms, and simply used the Covid space to make decisions about how he was going to spend his time, wanting some more for his own music, to be with family, and happy to skip long-distance touring for a while. Only so many hours in the day.

Boz was never known to be vegetarian but having been in Morrissey's band so long, this comment seems ill-judged.

I'm pretty sure he left on friendly terms, and simply used the Covid space to make decisions about how he was going to spend his time, wanting some more for his own music, to be with family, and happy to skip long-distance touring for a while. Only so many hours in the day.

Why ill-judged? It looks like he wants it known that he has broken with Morrissey. For people in the know, this was a covert yet non-ambiguous way of saying so.

Five musicians that hate Morrissey

Article by numbers...
FWD.

Far Out Magazine and The Hard Times seem to be having a competition as to how many times they can mention Morrissey. It must be weird for him, living his life as negative clickbait.

(Negative Clickbait = good band name?)

I do credit whoever it was at Far Out who chose the picture. Maybe it was a closet Morrissey fan. That forlorn look is asking, “why can’t you stop picking on me?”

I do credit whoever it was at Far Out who chose the picture. Maybe it was a closet Morrissey fan. That forlorn look is asking, “why can’t you stop picking on me?”
Yeah! He looks into the camera and seems to ask: "How much? How many more times do I have to be mentioned in an unsightly light, when they realize that this is still promoting my many years of work?"

Five musicians that hate Morrissey

Article by numbers...
FWD.
genuinely could not help myself and contacted the website to point out this article is fan fiction - hate fiction? - as none of these people ever professed to hate Morrissey, then i looked up the writer behind it (timmusic13 on twitter with 80 followers) and came away with a feeling of genuine pity for him as most of his activity on there is him trying to chat up Liam Gallagher with no success. Far Out does not seem to get a lot of engagement and their responses are rather immature. just about anybody can write and find a platform, however dubious, for their feelings, however dull, nowadays. Far Out more like Far-Fetched

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom