Strange/unexpected Moz references?

_sirilo_r_-17042023-0002.jpg
_sirilo_r_-17042023-0001.jpg

By _sirilo_r_ IG

Dermot O'Leary played The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get on his early morning BBC Radio 2 show of indie classics from the '90s, and said 'Ah, the great Morrissey. As they say, never meet your heroes. Met him twice, once for an interview which turned into a battles of wills and secondly on my honeymoon. Imagine meeting Morrissey on your honeymoon! Instead of wishing me and the current Mrs. O'Leary well, he just said "It won't last: these things never do". Thanks, Moz.' I expect Dermot's told this one a fair few times since he seems to have wed in 2012!

Dermot O'Leary played The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get on his early morning BBC Radio 2 show of indie classics from the '90s, and said 'Ah, the great Morrissey. As they say, never meet your heroes. Met him twice, once for an interview which turned into a battles of wills and secondly on my honeymoon. Imagine meeting Morrissey on your honeymoon! Instead of wishing me and the current Mrs. O'Leary well, he just said "It won't last: these things never do". Thanks, Moz.' I expect Dermot's told this one a fair few times since he seems to have wed in 2012!
Detergent O'Leary as he is fondly known. :lbf:

_sirilo_r_-19042023-0001.jpg
_renato_serra_-19042023-0001~2.jpg

As these proved so popular - here's a couple more (without straying in to the realms of AI pictures being churned out elsewhere).
By _sirilo_r & _renato_serra_

Re-upped.
Relive the 9 song gig & "unforseen circumstances" in full.
FWD.

Comedian/actor Greg Davies lists "Suedehead" in this NME feature about his favourite music:

The song I wish I’d written​

Morrissey – ‘Suedehead’

“When the song was released [in 1988], I was in a turbulent teenage relationship which I thought was life defining – of course it wasn’t – and I just couldn’t believe that line: ‘Why do you come here/When you know it makes things hard for me?’ I was trying to think of what to say to that girl and this man said had it for me. Morrissey’s known for a florid use of language and an Oscar Wildean turn of phrase, but his cleverness as a lyricist is how he can speak to you so eloquently in so few words. Obviously, he has terrible beliefs now.”

Comedian/actor Greg Davies lists "Suedehead" in this NME feature about his favourite music:

The song I wish I’d written​

Morrissey – ‘Suedehead’

“When the song was released [in 1988], I was in a turbulent teenage relationship which I thought was life defining – of course it wasn’t – and I just couldn’t believe that line: ‘Why do you come here/When you know it makes things hard for me?’ I was trying to think of what to say to that girl and this man said had it for me. Morrissey’s known for a florid use of language and an Oscar Wildean turn of phrase, but his cleverness as a lyricist is how he can speak to you so eloquently in so few words. Obviously, he has terrible beliefs now.”

Why is no-one ranting against this Greg Davies fella, like the National fella, re his opinion of Moz ("Obviously, he has terrible beliefs now")? Who is Greg Davies anyway?

Why is no-one ranting against this Greg Davies fella, like the National fella, re his opinion of Moz ("Obviously, he has terrible beliefs now")? Who is Greg Davies anyway?
No idea who he is, but I’ll rant :)
All these people are just gutless cowards. Having to add that little phrase there at the end, terrified of people thinking badly of them. “I admit I love Morrissey but please don’t cancel me, I’m with you guys, I swear”. It's pathetic.

Other than that, some very nice words for sure.

Last edited:
No idea who he is, but OK, I’ll rant :)
All these people are just gutless cowards. Having to add that little phrase there at the end, terrified of people thinking badly of them. “I admit I love Morrissey but please don’t cancel me, I’m with you guys, I swear”

Other than that some very nice words for sure.

I appreciate your rant! I agree with the rest of your post too.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom