Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I wish he would try some punk. One of the times I saw him he played London and he was playing it really fast like a punk song, it sounded really good. I actually didn't recognize it at first.

I am not sure if anyone saw the Ghosts Christmas Special on BBC1 (available on iplayer)?

There is a big Smiths reference in the final scene (the poetic/romantic/miserable ghost is given a Smiths CD as Christmas present).

I am not sure if anyone saw the Ghosts Christmas Special on BBC1 (available on iplayer)?

There is a big Smiths reference in the final scene (the poetic/romantic/miserable ghost is given a Smiths CD as Christmas present).
Thanks for posting this - I wouldn't have watched otherwise. The Queen Is Dead, of course! Did anyone else assume, like me. that the album cover star was a Romantic poet before they found out that it's Alain Delon in a film?

Thanks for posting this - I wouldn't have watched otherwise. The Queen Is Dead, of course! Did anyone else assume, like me. that the album cover star was a Romantic poet before they found out that it's Alain Delon in a film?
I really like the episode. I was quite touched by the ghost watching the family Christmas films

Matty Healy, singer of The 1975, was handed a bunch of flowers at a show last night (or the night before? not sure), twirled them around his head, and ad-libbed: "Oh look I'm Morrissey, but I f**k". This caused confusion for some younger people on Twitter:

mattyhealy.jpg

I just love Morrissey being described as "a huge figure from early rock music"...

Some nice historical bits in this.
Should have bid on it.
FWD.

Morrissey / The Smiths
Steven Patrick Morrissey (born 22 May 1959), known professionally as Morrissey, is an English singer and songwriter. He came to prominence as the frontman and lyricist of rock band the Smiths, who were active from 1982 to 1987. Since then, he has pursued a successful solo career. Morrissey's music is characterised by his baritone voice and distinctive lyrics with recurring themes of emotional isolation, sexual longing, self-deprecating and dark humour, and anti-establishment stances. Highly influential, Morrissey has been credited as seminal figure in the emergence of indie rock and Britpop. In a 2006 poll for the BBC's Culture Show, Morrissey was voted the second-greatest living British cultural icon. His work has been the subject of academic study. He has been a controversial figure throughout his music career due to his forthright opinions and outspoken nature-endorsing vegetarianism and animal rights, criticising royalty and prominent politicians. Morrissey has also held controversial views, such as supporting far-right activism with regard to British heritage, and defending a particular vision of national identity, critiquing the effect of immigration on the UK.

children_of_legend-12012023-0001.jpg

AI renditions of various singers & musicians et al as children...
Some are genuinely eerie.
That's enough internet for today.
FWD.

Morrissey / The Smiths
Steven Patrick Morrissey (born 22 May 1959), known professionally as Morrissey, is an English singer and songwriter. He came to prominence as the frontman and lyricist of rock band the Smiths, who were active from 1982 to 1987. Since then, he has pursued a successful solo career. Morrissey's music is characterised by his baritone voice and distinctive lyrics with recurring themes of emotional isolation, sexual longing, self-deprecating and dark humour, and anti-establishment stances. Highly influential, Morrissey has been credited as seminal figure in the emergence of indie rock and Britpop. In a 2006 poll for the BBC's Culture Show, Morrissey was voted the second-greatest living British cultural icon. His work has been the subject of academic study. He has been a controversial figure throughout his music career due to his forthright opinions and outspoken nature-endorsing vegetarianism and animal rights, criticising royalty and prominent politicians. Morrissey has also held controversial views, such as supporting far-right activism with regard to British heritage, and defending a particular vision of national identity, critiquing the effect of immigration on the UK.

View attachment 87737

FWD.
Whoa!
Well, he's cute at least.

Morrissey / The Smiths

View attachment 87737

FWD.
Some of those are really good, I thought Axl Rose was Eddie Van Halen though

The Smiths live at the Carlisle Sands Centre on October 13, 1986, playing London.
Soundsville.
Regards,
FWD.

Jesse IG:

8stitches9lives-14012023-0001.jpg

Looks like he's made it to France?
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom