Strange/unexpected Moz references?

He's not vegan either though, is he? He seems to have been quite careful to avoid using the word about himself, if memory serves.
I'm always a bit confused why people think he's vegan. He might be now, but I can't recall him actually saying that. I think part of it is his aversion to labels again. He once said (in one of the Russell Brand interviews 2008/09, I think) he wasn't a "vegetarian" because he doesn't like vegetables.

When asked about it by Larry King in 2015 he didn't really answer the question.

Anyway, this is the most recent comment I recall, from that 2018 Dodwell interview.

"I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me. I refuse to eat anything that had a mother, that's obvious."

Also: "The truth is, vegans are actually superior beings."

Last edited:
Not a reference, but an old scan from 97 found on Tumblr. "In these dark ages, adoring Morrissey feels curiously like a confession."
3f978992b151fc54ccca86bf1be4e3094d581ab4.jpg
"I always thought the world would end when Morrissey's quiff finally collapsed."

Little did they know, some of the best hair years were yet to come...

I will never not love him.

Even if there's literally nothing that can be done to stop him Ezra Pounding himself.
"He borrowed my life years ago and he's never given it back."

Mr Lloyd Cole, as a Christmas treat for his Patreon subscribers, has posted a full scan of the letter that he referred to last month in this interview ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...moz-references.83338/page-246#post-1987340239

Morrissey letter to Lloyd Cole april 1985.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Merry Christmas

You're welcome!

Morrissey kept changing his phone number and if I wanted to catch up I'd have to call his PR person, and I tired of that.

This would have been written before The Queen Is Dead was released, so it's probably worth a fortune to Smiths collectors as it seems to include one of the lyrical ideas for Big Mouth Strikes Again!

He's become something altogether unacceptable, these days, which is an awful shame, but it was fun to gallivant around London being young and famous friends, for a minute. Note - policemen never asked me to sign their helmets.

The image and text are available to subscribers only {í would highly recommend it, if you're an admirer ~ https://www.patreon.com/lloydcole/posts }

In the comments section of the post somebody dates the missive to April of 1985, via the amusing complaint about meeting Ms Gray, which the poster claims was for the following interview ~

The correspondent states that "the interview with Muriel Gray took place at Border TV in Carlisle in April 1985 (for a short-lived show called Studio One), so the letter was presumably written at that time". The YouTube post dates the footage as 24th May '85. But that could be a mix up of recording/broadcast dates.

In the replies, Lloyd states that he thinks The Commotions & he were on tour in America at the time.

Nice Moz digs ~

Venlo.jpg

Mr Lloyd Cole, as a Christmas treat for his Patreon subscribers, has posted a full scan of the letter that he referred to last month in this interview ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...moz-references.83338/page-246#post-1987340239

View attachment 67005

Merry Christmas

You're welcome!

Morrissey kept changing his phone number and if I wanted to catch up I'd have to call his PR person, and I tired of that.

This would have been written before The Queen Is Dead was released, so it's probably worth a fortune to Smiths collectors as it seems to include one of the lyrical ideas for Big Mouth Strikes Again!

He's become something altogether unacceptable, these days, which is an awful shame, but it was fun to gallivant around London being young and famous friends, for a minute. Note - policemen never asked me to sign their helmets.

The image and text are available to subscribers only {í would highly recommend it, if you're an admirer ~ https://www.patreon.com/lloydcole/posts }

In the comments section of the post somebody dates the missive to April of 1985, via the amusing complaint about meeting Ms Gray, which the poster claims was for the following interview ~

The correspondent states that "the interview with Muriel Gray took place at Border TV in Carlisle in April 1985 (for a short-lived show called Studio One), so the letter was presumably written at that time". The YouTube post dates the footage as 24th May '85. But that could be a mix up of recording/broadcast dates.

In the replies, Lloyd states that he thinks The Commotions & he were on tour in America at the time.

Nice Moz digs ~

View attachment 67006

Will this 'unacceptable' thing ever end?

It's NONSENSE.

Even with the state of Central.

Who do I have to stalk to get it over with!!???

Merry Christmas! Hope you had a lovely day.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 67005

Merry Christmas

You're welcome!

Nice Moz digs ~

View attachment 67006

Thanks Joe!

Mr Floyd missed the Interesting Drug line.

Thanks Joe!

Mr Floyd missed the Interesting Drug line.
...which he also used on Stephen Street in a note attached to the torn solicitor's letter Street mentioned in the recent Telegraph article. (Written after Interesting Drug of course, but still... interesting.)

View attachment 67005

Merry Christmas

You're welcome!

Nice Moz digs ~

View attachment 67006

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Fascinating, that such a simple piece of writing can still arouse a rather great deal of interest 35 years later.

Surprised that "I don't know where you are anymore" (Late Night, Maudlin Street?) or "hideous heathens" never became part of a lyric.

Also, shocked by the rudeness. Poor Muriel, they seemed to get on so well.

Amused and touched by the crayon touch, as always.
MozJendrasiak92.jpg

Last edited:

A cure for any Boxing Day hangover, or perhaps the cause...

(Just reappeared on YT, discussed here many moons ago).
FWD

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom