Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Morrissey is among the Playbills on the official Broadway 2019-2020 season poster. He’s in excellent company.
FBCA42A3-BDED-4F85-A5CE-CEA9B3438CA8.jpeg

BBC Archive posted a section from 8 Days A Week:

"#OnThisDay 1959: Morrissey was born. In 1984 he appeared on ‘8 Days a Week’ alongside George Michael to first of all critique some soul and rhythm & blues reissues and secondly, a recently released book on Joy Division."

The full video is lurking on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

An article with no negativity!! (Unless you count his name being misspelled).

It's about his letter on the Sex Pistols at The Lesser Free Trade Hall.

2 errors:
Far Out misspelled his name: (Stephen)
Newspaper article also erroneous: Steve Morrisey
Bad Q/Assurance on both counts.
Pfft. :swear

Nothing special and also an old picture (my guess is 2012) but here's ex-RHCP guitarist Josh Klinghoffer wearing a Morrissey shirt. He's a fan and has covered some Moz and Smiths songs over the years.
4c8716891cdc422d9c172236f1793530.jpg

Richard Bellia doesn't appear to show on this site or archive which is odd - featuring him to associate the images with the photographer. He's captured some of the most iconic photos of singers/musicians I've seen in a while - totally worth checking out:

Regards,
FWD.

Well, that's Billy Bragg's Christmas Card sorted out then... ;)

Apparently it was "Morrissey May" and nobody noticed. ?

Swiss Family Morrissey present:

"This is Lily's favourite song so there was no way she was going to let me play piano on it. Tess made me miss out a verse too ?
Dear god please help me - Morrissey
#lockdown #robertsfamily #Morrissey"

A coded message perhaps?
:)
FWD.

Remember that time Stanley Baker released his debut solo LP...?

Stanley Baker Eva 1962.jpg

:yum:

More from the Stepford fans :)
Regards,
FWD.

"India pulls faces to music for YouTube money" - via her comments section.
Regards,
FWD.

Radio 4 Xtra Morrissey on Desert Island Discs Revisited with Kirsty Young 9pm to 9:45 PM 21/6/20.

Pete Burns {RiP} in a fairly rare official Smiths T (peek-a-boo) on a pop-tastic German TV show September 1985.
Pity he didn't give the 'fans' a flash of the full shirt. Might have livened them up. Or not.

*Note the rosebush in the right back pocket...which then falls out...to reveal a blue handkerchief :brows:

pete burns drop 1.jpg

pete burns drop 2.jpg

moz drop.jpg

Apparel available on The Smiths mini-Scotch tour that year {and via mail-order!}
As worn by all four members of The Smiths during the encore at Glasgow Barrowland ballroom on 23rd September 1985 {broadcast via 'The Tube' on Channel 4} ~

Smiths barrowland 23rd September 1985.jpg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom