Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: Rhino ad

Nice photo. So who did invent plaid suit on the ground near the tracks?

Morrissey or his photographers certainly didn't invent plaid suit on the ground near the tracks, but this article in Vogue on actor Michael Fassbender looks familiar.

21j25tt.jpg

Re: Rhino ad

Partial transcript. Click and listen if you are in the US (assume it's blocked elsewhere?). They also play a nice selection of the songs...

Thanks. You know, it's interesting, because Ed Ward ( :) ) obviously knows his history about The Smiths, leading one to conclude he's probably a fan. Yet he flubbed the one bit of Smiths lore every fan knows: Morrissey didn't discover Johnny in a music weekly ad, Johnny knew of Morrissey's reputation and came knocking on his door. It's a minor quibble, I know, but it's like summarizing every part of the Bible correctly except Genesis, the easiest bit to remember. :)

There's a bar/restaurant where I live that's called "Morrissey House". I was astonished by the name the first time I came across it, because you don't generally hear too many Smiths/Moz references around these parts. I was later told that you can order an "Everyday is Like Sundae" there!. Apparently that's the only Moz themed item on the menu though. But still, made me very happy!:D

Re: Morrissey mentioned in people article about scarlett johansson's boyfriend

ok, I have to admit, you got me to follow the link by mentioning Moz and screen goddess ScarJo in the same sentence, but yeah
it was not worth it...

Don't leave us in the dark (the sample used at the end of Billy Budd) - BBC London News reader used this phrase for a topic about Hertfordshire County Council switches off street lights in order to save cost.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom