Strange places you've heard The Smiths/Morrissey

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
Today in Bed Bath & Beyond, I heard "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"....

In Dollarama today, when my phone rang.:p

Haha, it's funny, because I was JUST about to make a thread with the same subject!

I'm thinking that maybe they sold I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris for generic corporation cds or something because I heard it both at the 99 Cent Store and Carrows!

It came on at the 99 Cent Store one day and I quickly turned to my boyfriend with a "what the hell?" look on my face and we were both surprised but thought it was pleasantly funny. ...Then a few days later I got dragged to the awfulness that is Carrows and it came on again and we decided that it was probably sold off.

=P

Haha, it's funny, because I was JUST about to make a thread with the same subject!

I'm thinking that maybe they sold I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris for generic corporation cds or something because I heard it both at the 99 Cent Store and Carrows!

It came on at the 99 Cent Store one day and I quickly turned to my boyfriend with a "what the hell?" look on my face and we were both surprised but thought it was pleasantly funny. ...Then a few days later I got dragged to the awfulness that is Carrows and it came on again and we decided that it was probably sold off.

=P

The last time I ate at a Carrows in California, the hostess asked us if we wanted smoking or no smoking. THat basically means forever ago I went to a Carrows. :D

I saw The Informant! 2 nights ago, and the song just before the trailers began was There is a Light... played just until the lights dimmed

:lbf:

in my head

On a club where they only play really shitty pop music... It was really weird.

At Universal City Walk a few weeks ago, they played the song and video 'Ask.'

Throwing my arms around Paris in the kids' changing rooms at H&M yesterday afternoon.

This thread reminds me of a radio phone in, where listeners were asked to call in and confess 'strange places they'd had sex'. The usual suspects pretty much dominated (trains, public toilets etc). An elderly woman called in to request a song for her daughter. The DJ asked her the 'strange places' question. Unfortunately, she hadn't been listening to the show. She became very embarrassed and after some persuading she answered: "Up the bum."

The first thing I heard in Havana airport, Cuba, was 'This Charming Man'. I found that a little surreal

I was in Havana in 2004 and sported a Morrissey t-shirt. I spoke at length to a poet in his 50s-60s who had caught sight of my t-shirt. He gave me a few of his poems, which were very good if very critical of the Cuban regime

So Hasta la victoria siempre, Morrisseeeeeeee. Wonder if he'll do a gig there!

Back
Top Bottom