Strange places where you got to hear a Smiths/Morrissey song...

I was at the gym this morning, which usually plays horrible hip hop music, and suddenly I heard a really weird dance remix of "everyday is like sunday." I didn't know whether to be happy to hear Moz at the gym or to be disgusted that someone actually made a dance remix of that song. seriously why would anyone do that????:confused:

Once in a liqour store in Amsterdam the were playing the Best of the smiths album. very amusing.
But I do notice whenever the smiths or Mozza is played anywhere even a club I have about 10 people come up to me and say hey there playing the smiths, like I hadnt noticed...
But it always seems to be this charming man or Bigmouth strikes again, when something else is played thats when I become even more aroused!

Once in this old run down pub behind piccadilly train train station in Manchester and they actually played Smiths/Morrissey songs until 2:30am

My country :p

Back in the 80s The Smiths were decently popular, all the right people liked them, but once they split, nothing but The more you ignore me... got to the radios.
Irish Blood... made it too, and the Who put tue M version of There's a light was on tv a lot last year. Recently, you have killed me. But it's still rare to catch him on the radio.

The strangest place has to be my sister's car then. She doesn't like him and she didn't know it was him with You have killed me...

Once in this old run down pub behind piccadilly train train station in Manchester and they actually played Smiths/Morrissey songs until 2:30am

I went there. Once. :)

I was walking through town and minding my own bussiness, when all of a sudden I heard mozz's voice. I thought that I started to sing I know you couldn't last in my head, but the voice was becoming more stronger. Then I figured out that the music was coming from the near by store that was selling audio equipment. +++++Imagine to hear mozz's voice in between all that noise in the city.... A picnic for the ears.... :):):):)

The first time I ever heard Moz must have been the weirdest place/setting. It was the summer of 1994 (I was 12 yrs old) and I was at swim team practice at a public pool. It was very ironic because at the time I was in love with my coach who was 18. My frist crush. And as I heard this very unusual song (they only played the poppiest radio satations at the pool) the words "The more you ignore me, the closer I get", seemed very fitting. I remember hearing the song right at the end of practice and in a juvenile and desparate attempt to not be ignored by my crush, I did a front flip off of the high dive. Needless to say, he was still not interested. :o

I was at the gym this morning, which usually plays horrible hip hop music, and suddenly I heard a really weird dance remix of "everyday is like sunday." I didn't know whether to be happy to hear Moz at the gym or to be disgusted that someone actually made a dance remix of that song. seriously why would anyone do that????:confused:

You sure it wasn't the Sparks remix of "Suedehead"? I don't know of any "EILS" remixes.

One night at the local independent video store I heard "This Charming Man," then looked up to see that all of the TVs in the place were playing the Smiths video compilation. I asked the fat dude behind the counter about it, and he very arrogantly told me that he was the world's biggest Smiths fan. I chatted with him anyway, and he mentioned that he's looking for soundboard versions of the unreleased Peel sessions songs, which don't exist in all cases, but at least he seemed to know what he was talking about.

The first time I ever heard Moz must have been the weirdest place/setting. It was the summer of 1994 (I was 12 yrs old) and I was at swim team practice at a public pool. It was very ironic because at the time I was in love with my coach who was 18. My frist crush. And as I heard this very unusual song (they only played the poppiest radio satations at the pool) the words "The more you ignore me, the closer I get", seemed very fitting. I remember hearing the song right at the end of practice and in a juvenile and desparate attempt to not be ignored by my crush, I did a front flip off of the high dive. Needless to say, he was still not interested. :o

*lol* i just imagined that scene...love that story...

I don't know if it counts, because it wasn't a chance occurance, but I listened to You Are The Quarry while I was in labour with Monster #2. Nevermind those "Relaxing Sounds For Mommies" CDs. . .I just wanted my Moz to keep me company while I huffed and puffed.

--jeniphir

I don't know if it counts, because it wasn't a chance occurance, but I listened to You Are The Quarry while I was in labour with Monster #2. Nevermind those "Relaxing Sounds For Mommies" CDs. . .I just wanted my Moz to keep me company while I huffed and puffed.

--jeniphir

Did you ever know that you're my hero? I always knew I would play Moz for my children when I have them some day, but to be soothed by Moz while in labor might be the best idea I've ever heard.

At least it wasn't "November Spawned a Monster" or "This Night Has Opened My Eyes."

On an episode of "everwood" was the first of the gang...

Friday August 17th, the "original" Cheers in Boston.....heard "November Spawned A Monster".

I was at a Gas station in Jersey coming from the airport, and I heard "Vicar In a Tutu" in the convenience store getting a bottle of water. I looked at the indian guy behind the counter, and he had no clue what was playing, but there was a manager guy in the back who i suspect put on the CD. so weird.

I've just rememberred another odd occasion.

School trip to Weston-Super-Mare June 1988. (For the unitiated Weston could be "the seaside town they forgot to close down." Oh and John cleese is from there!)

It was a grey, turgid day. We walked upon the promenade, the beach and the pier. It took about 3 hours.

On the way back, in a cramped minibus, rain splattering against the windows in the middle/end of June there was the Top 40 chart rundown (Yes a school trip on a Sunday! How bizarre! Anyway....) and the DJ (Bruno Brookes, Peter Powell???) says, falling 14 places to number 23 (how apt!)Morrissey- Everyday Is Like Sunday.

At the time I didn't realise the significance (not a Moz fan at 13) but now I do!

Up the bracket!

Back
Top Bottom