Stop combining all the threads!!! It's driving me insane!!!

I moved this thread to off topic because that is what it has turned into.

The mods and davidt have all seen the thread merging complaints so don't fret. Message received.

The mods and davidt have all seen the thread merging complaints so don't fret. Message received.
Thank you...had you not said that I'm sure some people would have blamed Kewpie again...

so fighting and bickering is encouraged in the Off-topic section? It was harmless in the site/suggestion area.

i think moving threads around and combing them all the time is just petty and insulting to people who start them.

vbulletin was a failed experiment. time to go back to the wild wild west. :eek:

so fighting and bickering is encouraged in the Off-topic section? It was harmless in the site/suggestion area.

i think moving threads around and combing them all the time is just petty and insulting to people who start them.

I've got my guns ready, pilgrim. ;)

cowboy.gif

Do you consider moving a thread and combining threads the same thing?

To answer your question...

The thread was fine in the original location when it was actually about merging threads. As soon as it became a chat room I moved it so that people who wanted to continue to talk there could continue to do so with complete freedom. Those who wished to actually read about site suggestions could do that.

By not doing this kind of moderating what you are left with is vBulletin acting as if it were the old style format where you had to pick through the noise to find the content.

Do you consider moving a thread and combining threads the same thing?

To answer your question...

The thread was fine in the original location when it was actually about merging threads. As soon as it became a chat room I moved it so that people who wanted to continue to talk there could continue to do so with complete freedom. Those who wished to actually read about site suggestions could do that.

By not doing this kind of moderating what you are left with is vBulletin acting as if it were the old style format where you had to pick through the noise to find the content.

yes, but i know you consider the Off Topic area to be the garbage dump of the Morrissey-solo forum. but some people live here. it's their home. the topic was hijacked...true...but others might have not seen it there yet in site/suggestion and thus haven't had the chance to reply 'On-topic'. Threads switch between on-topic and off-topic all the time--on--off--on--off--on.

But regardless, you threw this topic in the off-topic and now it just clutters the space with pointless bickering.

and how do we know the thread was viewed by Davidt? the other mods? or other morrissey solo users who do not enter the off-topic, but also can't stand merged threads in the morrissey section. This may be a cover up :eek: ...

yes, but i know you consider the Off Topic area to be the garbage dump of the Morrissey-solo forum. but some people live here. it's their home. the topic was hijacked...true...but others might have not seen it there yet in site/suggestion and thus haven't had the chance to reply 'On-topic'. Threads switch between on-topic and off-topic all the time--on--off--on--off--on.

But regardless, you threw this topic in the off-topic and now it just clutters the space with pointless bickering.

and how do we know the thread was viewed by Davidt? the other mods? or other morrissey solo users who do not enter the off-topic, but also can't stand merged threads in the morrissey section. This may be a cover up :eek: ...
I hear the Mods also killed JFK!

chica said:
Thank you, it still makes me cough but I'll get used to it.
Give it time...you won't be choking on it after a few puffs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom