Stone Roses reform

Re: Stone Roses reform...

Funny!
Got mine through Seetickets by the way...

Tickerbastard and See-no-tickets were bobbins yesterday. Twice I got to the stage of having 4 tickets on ticketbastard and then it crashing whilst inputting credit card details :mad:

Turns out that someone at work bought 6 - she only wanted two and has turned the others over on ebay for a tidy profit :mad:

Dave

Every ticket tout on Planet Earth will have bought as many tickets for these dates as they can get their greedy hands on. They’re making the mistake of confusing a band with a huge cult following (Stone Roses, Smiths, Libertines etc) for a band with an enormous following among the wider general public (Coldplay, Oasis, U2). Give it time for the hype to die down, and and tons of tickets will become available at face value or less, especially once other dates get announced. Whatever you do, don’t buy an inflated ticket off an E-bay tout. Trust me on this – Uncle Maurice knows about these things!

Well, the E-bay prices are tumbling after less than a week, as predicted by a certain Mr E!
Tons of the greedy buggers aren't getting any bids at all now. They were going for £120+ initially, today's going-rate appears to be around £80. They'll be going for close to face value within a few weeks...

Well, the E-bay prices are tumbling after less than a week, as predicted by a certain Mr E!
Tons of the greedy buggers aren't getting any bids at all now. They were going for £120+ initially, today's going-rate appears to be around £80. They'll be going for close to face value within a few weeks...

Thanks Uncle Maurice - better than any price comparison website - looks like Cinderella shall go to the ball after all :)

Dave

The first Stone Roses festival dates have now been confirmed (T in the Park and a European one, so far).
Watch the E-bay prices for Heaton Park continue to drop - face value within a week!

The reunited Stone RosesIan Brown, John Squire, Gary “Mani” Mounfield and Alan “Reni” Wren — today announced they will headline the T in the Park Festival in the U.K., the Benicassim Festival in Spain and the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan next summer. The announcement marks the first reunion dates outside of the band’s three sold-out Manchester shows next summer. It’s not known yet which dates the band will play, but T in the Park is set for July 8-10, Benicassim takes place July 12-15, and the 2012 installment of Fuji Rock, while not officially announced, appears to be scheduled for July 27-29.

The Stone Roses tour dates:
June 29: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
June 30: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
July 1: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
July 8-10: T in the Park Festival, Balado, Kinross-shire, UK
July 12-15: Benicassim Festival, Benicassim, Spain
July 27-29: Fuji Rock Festival, Naeba Ski resort, Yuzawa, Japan

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/11/07/stone-roses-tour-dates-festivals/

Just checked E-bay. Tickets now selling for around £60 - watch them fall to below face value (£55) in just a few more weeks!

The Stone Roses Summer 2012

Does anyone have feeilngs, good or bad, regarding The Stone Roses getting back together?

I'm curious.

Re: The Stone Roses Summer 2012

The new songs are described as back their psychedelic pop roots..so yeah I'm pretty ecstatic

Does anyone have feeilngs, good or bad, regarding The Stone Roses getting back together?
I'm curious.

Although the right age back in the day, I was never a tribal fan. Didn't have posters or t-shirts (although I did buy some flares!). But when they hit their purple patch (88-90) they wrote a fair number of brilliant songs. Been listening to them quite a lot recently and there is clearly genius at work! Not just the big album but other songs like Elephant Stone and Sally Cinnamon are absolute pop perfection. I only saw them once, at their last ever concert (Reading 96), and have felt mildly traumatised ever since! I'd love to see them this summer, and would be brilliant if Squire's written some great new songs. I just hope Brown can sort out his singing...

Brownie has given up smoking (up?) apparently and getting his vocal mojo back. In the recent concerts with him and Squire on stage (pretty exciting in itself) his voice has improved. I hope he hones it even further in time for summer. It never has to be "perfect" but if it can get back some of the melodic quality it once had, golden.

Although the right age back in the day, I was never a tribal fan. Didn't have posters or t-shirts (although I did buy some flares!). But when they hit their purple patch (88-90) they wrote a fair number of brilliant songs. Been listening to them quite a lot recently and there is clearly genius at work! Not just the big album but other songs like Elephant Stone and Sally Cinnamon are absolute pop perfection. I only saw them once, at their last ever concert (Reading 96), and have felt mildly traumatised ever since! I'd love to see them this summer, and would be brilliant if Squire's written some great new songs. I just hope Brown can sort out his singing...

I think it's a cash-in because none of them can make any decent money on their own anymore

they were offered lots of dough to perform some festival dates, and realized that if they continued the reunion by coming up with new songs "that sounded like our old stuff" and letting promoters know they'd be around long enough for a few full-length tours, they'd stand to make some serious bank.

But do I think it's a genuine "wanting-to-get-back-together" reunion? No, I do not

motivated entirely by $$$.

Right now Colin Patterson is reporting tonight's secret gig at Warrington on BBC 6 Music.

t-shirt mate? déjà vu :)

Reni stormed off stage last night.
Ian then proceeded to call him a cxxx.

Will they kiss and make up in time for the Heaton Park gigs?
Will the money at stake be sufficient to change their minds and make them realise what inseparable friends they really are? :rolleyes:

All rather sad actually...

Drummers eh? Who'd 'ave 'em...

Actually if Reni's got some unexpected free time I know someone who....

Ring-a-ding-ding-ding, I'm goin' down.

Stone Roses in Manchester is far and away the biggest music event this decade. That first night (I am there) promises to be the most genuinely atmospheric gig in years. If the weather holds out it could be legendary. Two new songs at best and a hurtle through some of the finest classic pop toons. The price is fine getting Primal Scream and then the Roses given what Ive paid for Moz and Young! Actually more likely to be a happening than a gig as crowd will sing and sway to every note amd unlikely to hear Ian Browns dodgy notes. And guaranteed great people watching, casualties guaranteed as folk roll back the years. Definitley the UKs drug hotspot that day.

You know you want to be there. Seeing Moz at MEN the following month and worried that will seem lacklustre in comparison

And if they are cashing in, good on them, the 80s were a shambles for contractual obligations and bands routinely saw little cash. If Wayne Rooney gets £200,000 a week then the Roses deserve everything they get. Like the Smiths there are few bands that court that adulation and truly provided the soundtrack to peoples lives for a period.

I suggest anyone considering it just bites the bullet and goes. Forget any gigs before Manchester, the interaction between audience and band so importnat to the Smiths will be in full force in Manchester. Have I gone on enough.....give it a go, you certainly wont be bored that day whatever you do.

Stone Roses Friday Stage Times

Kid British 4.45pm-5.10pm
The Vaccines 5.30pm-6.05pm
The Wailers 6.35pm-7.20pm
Primal Scream 7.50pm-8.40pm
Roses 9.10pm

Back
Top Bottom