Stoke-on-Trent - Victoria Hall (July 5, 2011) post-show

His comment about Stoke was before the encore of Panic, he said "Thanks to All The Young and to the city of Stoke, where the men are men and the women are men"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IHuEQ1PL6s

I did not know that Patti Smith was from Stoke. You always learn something new. What would Morrissey call himself? One of the women? I take it that he was mainly talking about the homosexuals in the audience then. Are there that many in Stoke?

A great selection of posts from what sounds like a great night. I for one love Moz Solo - a wonderful mix of info and trivia and the odd ugly troll belching bile but always well worth a visit. Keep up the good work.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
He didn't 'mess up' - this is the new edited version as on the recent Bona Drag re-issue/Very Best Of. For some reason he obviously hates that middle bit now and wants to edit it out of history.

I don't know why he tampers with the BASIC most sublime key of his name. It's a huge help to be reminded he's the Steven with the V when the devil trips up and looks me in the eye after requesting I wade through his shit and says "I'M NOT SEVEN-T." Half the time I wonder if all these secret shenanigans are Morrissey's idea, I don't suspect they are.

It's effing hot, I'm crabby and morrissey needs to keep his shirt buttoned up.Or down. :mad: Preferably he should wear a turtleneck tucked into his underwear and stapled to his jeans.

Further supplementing romeogirl's and TheSmithsIndeed's post, nearly a full list of intermission clips with links to re-savour has been compiled near the end of the following thread - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4342453/4/

Any updates welcome! :)

Awesome!!! Thanks very much, The Smiths Indeed, goinghome, Quiffaa and allyouneedismorrissey.com folks! :thumb:

And Rupert... ah well, we can but wish (after seeing anonymous' answer).
What if Matt just started 2/3rd's way through into the recording of The Operation...?
Well, just a thought (a plead?) ...

Cheers,
romeogirl

Awesome!!! Thanks very much, The Smiths Indeed, goinghome, Quiffaa and allyouneedismorrissey.com folks! :thumb:

And Rupert... ah well, we can but wish (after seeing anonymous' answer).
What if Matt just started 2/3rd's way through into the recording of The Operation...?
Well, just a thought (a plead?) ...

Cheers,
romeogirl
Well done! To fans who attended Stoke, everything capured. Made up, as im very skint and cant go to any gigs. boo hoo! Wounderful. See yous arnt all bad on here, are u's. xxx ta so much

Umm. Debbie Downer here.

Tour has been GREAT! Setlist is the best in years.

But the setlist is becoming redundant and predictable. I want to hear some VARIETY!

My God, man, mix it up a little!

(...and DON'T tell me he IS, because he ISN'T!)

aha you were standing just behind me! i wish he came over to our side more. great vids!

I was at the very front, up against the barrier, do you mean you were next to me?!?! Anyway, I agree! He should have come over to our side more, we all wanted to shake his hand! Wonder why he didn't? Maybe the bouncers put him off...

I designed and reproduced my original ticket from 1984 and printed 3 T-Shirts one for myself and 2 friends to wear at the Morrissey gig in Hanley last night 5th July.

I had loads of interest so I have listed the true quality unique items on ebay if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smiths-Hanley-Victoria-Hall-84-T-Shirt-/140573740640?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&var=&hash=item66735914c8#ht_485wt_1158
The Gig was superb and to be back at the Viccy Hall last night was excellent.

Fantastic... they are very very cool!!! Hmmmmm it's my birthday on Aug 4.. I wonder if I should drop some hints to my good lady wife about one of those as a present....?!

But the setlist is becoming redundant and predictable. I want to hear some VARIETY!

A) We have had a BUT of variety - Panic was only addded two dates ago, Boy Racer in Scotland, etc.
B) If you are bored with hearing practically the same setlist everynight then that's YOUR bloody fault for going to multiple gigs! What do you expect - Morrissey and the band to do a completely different set every night just to please a tiny minority of fans who go to every gig? It's a bit like buying tickets to see the same play two nights in a row, then complaining because the second night was exactly the same as the first.

I designed and reproduced my original ticket from 1984 and printed 3 T-Shirts one for myself and 2 friends to wear at the Morrissey gig in Hanley last night 5th July.

I had loads of interest so I have listed the true quality unique items on ebay if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smiths-Hanley-Victoria-Hall-84-T-Shirt-/140573740640?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&var=&hash=item66735914c8#ht_485wt_1158
The Gig was superb and to be back at the Viccy Hall last night was excellent.

I saw you and your mates in Weatherspoons before and at various times before and during the gig, and thought the t shirts were very cool. But what was the backprint about?

Ordered one from the 'bay, by the way

I was at the very front, up against the barrier, do you mean you were next to me?!?! Anyway, I agree! He should have come over to our side more, we all wanted to shake his hand! Wonder why he didn't? Maybe the bouncers put him off...

Me tooo, i was next to some girls - one had a checkered shirt on. From your video you can see her in it but not me (maybe cos i'm the size of a garden gnome?) which makes me think you were behind me aha.
When he came over I couldn't reach his hand...i hate being plagued with short arms :(
The bouncers were pure meat.

I shouldn't really even be contemplating this, but I'm thinking I may well have to be up early to try and nab a Palladium ticket. Tickets on sale at 9.....anyone know what time they started the Stoke one? Because that was definitely before 9. I was very lucky to have got a ticket. I've made sure to save my billing details on TM.

I've made sure to save my billing details on TM.
Good idea, I missed a ticket for Leeds due to getting one digit wrong on my card's expiry date - transaction declined, matter of seconds to correct it but then got no tickets available...

I saw you and your mates in Weatherspoons before and at various times before and during the gig, and thought the t shirts were very cool. But what was the backprint about?

Ordered one from the 'bay, by the way

Hi,

Thanks for buying, the back had the dates from '84 and 2011 and a big 27 for 27 years since we were last at the viccy hall. To print both sides for such a small amount is so expensive so the one's on ebay just have the ticket.

You will not be disappointed the garments are top quality and the printer does a superb job.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom