Stockton - Stockton Globe (Oct. 7, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Appause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC'.

Last edited:
Great night out for all concerned. There's no such thing as an objectively perfect set list, but I was over the moon with tonights selection. All the new stuff sounded amazing. And Morrissey breathed new life into some classics; including a mind blowing version of Our Frank. Healso signed an album sleeve in the middle of a song! For free! But where did that cigarette come from? Was it a prop used in every show, or did someone throw it on stage?

I'm a new member. Just adding some random pics from Stockton Globe

Attachments

• IMG-20221007-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20221007-WA0025.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20221008-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221008-WA0002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20221008-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20221008-WA0001.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 0
What a gig, Mozzer looked and sounded amazing. Loved the picture of David Bowie and David Johansen with DB and DJ scrawled on it. Not sure about the bonfire of the teenager song but he sang half a person which sounded incredible. Loved hearing our Frank with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. A lot of dry ice and very loud but such an amazing atmosphere.
Back to the days of his Kill Uncle tour with the cig in the mouth during Our Frank. Where did all of the time go?

I think the penny has now dropped with Mozz. I can’t see the big arenas making a comeback.
As far as I'm concerned arenas are the antithesis of what a concert should be. I've only been to a few but the memories they hold don't come close to the small venue gigs.

It is interesting that after his public argument with Johnny Marr he is now playing more The Smiths songs than ever. Thankfully he has now got over that cover phase. But except for that one airing of Kerouac's Crack nothing new from Bonfire. Perhaps he realized how dire that Kerouac song is?

In all seriousness, have the laws for venue capacities been changed? And has Stockton benefited because it’s a recently opened venue?

There will be a massive tragedy soon.

Speaking as someone who was at Stockton tonight. And hundreds of gigs throughout my life (so I can compare).

It’s more than unsafe. It’s actually a death trap.

Felt the same at Albert Hall in Feb for the Bunnymen, there were far too many people in there.

Felt the same at Albert Hall in Feb for the Bunnymen, there were far too many people in there.
Health and safety issues aside, that was the most enjoyable Morrissey performance I’ve seen since 2006. He was excellent.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Appause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC'.

• Photo posted by im_good_at_counting:

Please please please who is the back drop to jack the ripper, thought it was Jeffrey Dahmer haha

Back
Top Bottom