Stockton - Stockton Globe (Oct. 7, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Appause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC'.

Last edited:
Roxy Music shirt for encore.

T-shirts-Roxy-Music-Roxy-Music-Unisex-T-Shirt--Disco-Logo-l.jpg

What a gig, Mozzer looked and sounded amazing. Loved the picture of David Bowie and David Johansen with DB and DJ scrawled on it. Not sure about the bonfire of the teenager song but he sang half a person which sounded incredible. Loved hearing our Frank with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. A lot of dry ice and very loud but such an amazing atmosphere.

Snip..... - Ferry/Roxy Music ✅

The mind boggles

I did raise an eyebrow.
Back in '11, they were removed (switched out actually) from his favourite music list. Then nothing more was said (so assumed to be cohortis non grata).
Surprising to see him wearing that tonight.
FWD.

Perhaps it’s not referring to the band, but the concept 🤓

Morrissey was on top form, and what a beautiful venue, love you long time Moz :hearteyes: you Smashed it!

In all seriousness, have the laws for venue capacities been changed? And has Stockton benefited because it’s a recently opened venue?

There will be a massive tragedy soon.

Speaking as someone who was at Stockton tonight. And hundreds of gigs throughout my life (so I can compare).

It’s more than unsafe. It’s actually a death trap.

Moz looks in top form. The magic is still there in his D.N.A.
Yes, it never left.
That was what was so annoying about him faxing it in for while- at least in USA
M usually works best when his back is againt the wall.
He thinks "f*** you" and comes out swinging. I think he knows the best was to carry on is to keep mum and just do what he does best and kill at every show. Which is what hes doing. To be honest, I rarely saw him do a bad show in London. Brighton. Manchester, even reading. He was always brilliant.
All that happened, really was he became a victim of a culture change and M is nobodies victim so he shot his mouth off and went nuclear with the wind ups .. Still, deep down he hadnt changed.
I just wish he would put more work in , in the words department and be a bit more interesting there. Still rom 21 to 39 he was the best there had ever been He just got a bit lost and lazy
I think maybe just maybe , having to fight for his fans and his mum dying maybe the jolt he needed

I'm not quite sure where to mention this, but we watched the Smyths in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. An absolutely impassioning night of indie-pop wizardy, which re-affirmed the consolation and hope that people of all ages have and always will hold in the Smiths. The set started with blissful renditions of 'Reel Around the Fountain', 'Shoplifters of the World' and 'Panic', before moving on to an array of tracks from Strangeways (to mark the 35th anniversary). In the second set list, hits such as 'Heaven Knows', 'Bigmouth' and 'Charming Man' made the small but rowdy mosh pit (where I was daringly standing) all the more boisterous. The touching double-encore of 'There is a Light' and 'How Soon' rounded off a night of sheer emotion for the 250 at the T Wells Forum.

Onto Moz in Brighton in a week!

In all seriousness, have the laws for venue capacities been changed? And has Stockton benefited because it’s a recently opened venue?

There will be a massive tragedy soon.

Speaking as someone who was at Stockton tonight. And hundreds of gigs throughout my life (so I can compare).

It’s more than unsafe. It’s actually a death trap.
Not sure what you mean by including Stockton in this? I felt like despite being sold out, there was plenty of moving about space between the crowd

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom