Stockton, CA - Bob Hope Theatre (May 26, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Maladjusted / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far Off Places / People Are The Same Everywhere / Black Cloud / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Action Is My Middle Name / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Panic

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey at Bob Hope Theater | Stockton, California | 5/26/2012 - The Rock Subculture Journal. Review, photos, videos by Jason DeBord. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo posted from terrywarona / Instagram. Link posted by CrystalGeezer:

stockton.jpg

Last edited:
I may be drunk but I just want to say that the smiths are the only band that ever mattered to me as a teen and would gladly give up my life if it meant 10 more years for moz. i love you. i also love all you FANS; family il never meet.

My first show and it was f***ing crazy awesome!!!! 3 handshakes topped the evening. How soon is now was my fav.

8a8bfb5aa7bd11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg
Ummm, WTH and lol. That's some pageant of the masters shit going on there. :p Still...:straightface:

Just left the Stockton show. It was very good. Boz was in drag, as reported earlier. Morrissey looked exceedingly fit. Bouncer moved the blockade forward after the opening act allowing us hooligans to crowd into the proper orchestra pit.

Great tunes, I'll let someone else post the setlist. Over a dozen folks got on stage. Moz was egging it on in good form as usual until more than 3 people were on stage, at which point our fearless 53 year old ran for the bus.

Bandmates (sans Boz) were in red tight tshirts on which was printed "ASSAD IS SHIT."

Quite a good show.

Encore was Panic! Maladjusted also played! Very fun show.

Someone please could you post the set list from Stockton? I arrived at the Bob Hope theatre with a friend from Seattle (via SF) and arrived at the start of "You're the One for Me, Fatty".

Show was pretty solid overall - nice to finally see How Soon is Now? and couple of others from The Smiths catalogue.

Amazing show. When I Last Spoke to Carol and How Soon is Now were stellar. Band was tight and the voice perfect.

Incredible show! Band and Mozzer were on point my highlight of the night was maladjusted. But the whole set list sounded great. How soon is now with the drumming at the end was just crazy. All the new songs are great just like as any of his other songs. Sucks that I heard boos for when he introduced Jessie. He is so talented and and did a great job as did the rest of the band. Dayuum I hope I get to see dear Mozzer again!

The Stockton show was the best Moz show I've seen in years. His voice sounded wonderful & the band was tight. Songs included Maladjusted, Alma Matters, Please Please Please (during which he got slightly choked up), I Know It's Over, and the closer: Panic! Everyone I spoke with afterward was thrilled with the show. Thanks Moz! Enjoy the rest of the tour.

Random recap:
Highlights were fatty, maladjusted, please please please, and I know it's over.
(although please please please followed by I know is over nearly sent me over the edge)

Some banter about seeing only 2 people in downtown Stockton midday, and them both being dead.
And the bunk beds story also got a chuckle.

Stage invasions were invited and fulfilled during the encore.

This is no joke - at the beginning of the show, the woman next to me struck up conversation.
Woman: "my boyfriend is on the crew. So he got me a ticket."
Me: "that's cool. Do you like morrissey?"
Woman: "yeah, because I used to like, watch charmed"

!!!

Does anyone else think of Mel when ouija board comes on?

Also soloman's haircut must be stopped.

Great show the setlist wasn't the greatest, crowd was great, I have now seen him 30 times!!!

Great show. Well worth the price and the drive from San Jose. Disappointed he didn't sing Last of the Famous International Playboys, First of the Gang to Die, and, well, Disappointed. Oh yeah, that cute girl from the pic's boyfriend blocked me from shaking hands with the Mozz. (Bastard!). Croud was cool and respectful, I left my expensive jacket at my seat and it was there when I got back. That wouldn't have happened at a metal concert. I expected the crowd to be in their 40s and 50s but most were about 10 years younger than me (42), Guess good music has no demographic.

To the girl that read those really nice words, well done! Morrissey seemed genuinly touched.

He actually did choke up a couple of times throughout the show.

What was the vinyl that he received on stage? He made a funny face when seeing it.

To the girl that read those really nice words, well done! Morrissey seemed genuinly touched.

He actually did choke up a couple of times throughout the show.

What was the vinyl that he received on stage? He made a funny face when seeing it.

The album was The Fonz from Happy Days. The guy was right in front of me before the show. Not sure if it's songs from the show or Henry Winkler singing

What is the bunk bed story? And what did the lady who read the nice words say to moz?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom