Stockholm - Hovet (Nov. 13, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Staircase At The University / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Certain People I Know / Kiss Me A Lot / Suedehead / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Istanbul / Asleep / The Bullfighter Dies / One Of Our Own / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Marcus.

• Morrissey: Hovet, Stockholm, review by Fredrik Strage (4/5, 1 photo by Peter Hellman) - DN.SE. Link posted by Mauricey (original post).
  • Morrissey på Hovet, review by Jonatan Södergren (3/5, 11 photos by Emma Andersson) - Kulturmagasinet Kulturbloggen. Link posted by Link posted by Mauricey.

stockholm.jpg
  • Kompromisslös Morrissey låter riktigt bra, review by Dan Backman (1 photo by Peter Hellman) - SvD. Link posted by Mauricey.

Last edited:
I remember a lot of your posts and in some way I'm happy to be back. Don't think i posted anything since 2007. Witch really means I'm one of the oldies. Prob got my membership in early 2006. Good to hear from you BG!

"Let me see all my old friends
Let me put my arms around them
Because I really do love them
Now, does that sound mad?"

:)

Freya,

It's good you're happy. The site has changed a lot. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you all the gory details. :blushing:

Oh BG, i do love you all. I can't believe its been so many years since I've been here. This is where i belong. Amongst morrissey-fans that are true to the core!

I remember you from the chatroom that is gone since god knows how long. BG here tried to make David reinstate again but to avail.

Aren't you the Stockholm based girl/woman?

Didn't Codreanu flirt about with a lot of ladies way back?

He stole your heart so did it last?

It's CHAS SON LOL. Notice that it's hilarious that Ari is going to shoot you with his Uzi, you f***tard.

He's not making a blue rose gesture.He is holding up a bag stop trying to pad your ego.It's nice that you tailor everything he does to suit your personal gratification and somehow nobody else is permitted to express their feelings or have a unique experience or admiration for Morrissey. People don't need to have rules defined for them on how their life is inspired by another. One would think a person claiming to be an "Artist" would understand this. It's rather sad that your need for attention is so selfish that you cannot OPEN YOUR EYES or respect other individuals who don't need your interpretation to be who they are.They also don't need to be told HOW TO CARE. If that is what Morrissey was or is doing it's not a good message.People come from all walks of life.Music reaches far and wide across the edges of the world and seeps into the fiber of our existence. It's not your place to steal those moments from other people .The fact that you don't even understand this says a lot more about you than anyone needs to further engage with or wax on about .

You need to stop telling people what to do.You need to stop trying to control other people's experiences.It's not your place.

The audio sounds awful (IMO). Not sure it should go on the so-to-be-created best of Europe video thread. Unless another audio source becomes available for dubbing.

I defer to you and Eurydice. To keep it simple, I would start, with what you think (we're not forming a committee) is far and away the best video of each song. One video per song. Two, if so warranted. Then, as more footage rolls in, each individual post (each post will contain one, maybe two videos - on part of a larger thread) can be edited so that two or three videos per song ultimately remain. I say this very humbly as this really isn't my world. You do an incredible job, Doc. In this, I'm just the idea man.

And perhaps if we are fortunate, Morrissey will put out an official DVD in the future, professionally shot, for this tour.

Thanks!

I think it's cute Moz doesn't understand how YouTube/Google works. Clearly he's researching McDonald's online to get McDonald's ads in his videos.

I remember you from the chatroom that is gone since god knows how long. BG here tried to make David reinstate again but to avail.

Aren't you the Stockholm based girl/woman?

Didn't Codreanu flirt about with a lot of ladies way back?

He stole your heart so did it last?

Im surely stockholm based. If I am a girl or a woman am not sure, I'm 27 so I'm guessing woman. Codreanu flirted a lot and no he never stole my heart!

Great seeing so many vids from last night here. I enjoyed the show, thought Moz was in good form, quite chatty and he seemed content. Highlights for me were ASLEEP and STAIRCASE. And Clas Ohlson. Pretty bizarre hearing my favourite singer talking about Clas Ohlson, which is as has been stated, a wondrous place to shop. Does Moz know that they have branches in the UK now too? There's one in Manchester.
Anyway, he was good. Hate to say it but feel the band let him down in places, thinking specifically of NEAL CASSADY and ISTANBUL, two of my faves from WPINOYB, but last night they were just a wall of sound and I think Moz's voice deserves better treatment. Otherwise they were ok.

Anybody know what was on the sticker on Moz's shirt? Looked a little like the WPINOYB cover but I was way too far back to make it out. Actually why are Swedes so damn tall, I couldn't see shit for half the concert!

One last thought, Moz was constantly hitching up his breeks, someone needs to buy him a belt. I'm pretty sure Clas Ohlson sell them...

Peter Birro must be kicking himself if he didn't go to Hovet last night, missing a shout-out from Moz himself. Just a thought.

Anybody know what was on the sticker on Moz's shirt? Looked a little like the WPINOYB cover but I was way too far back to make it out. Actually why are Swedes so damn tall, I couldn't see shit for half the concert!
Most likely it was a sticker against fur that he's go from Djurrättsalliansen (Animal rights alliance). If you scroll down to November 12th on their Facebook page you'll see him wear it i Gothenburg:
https://www.facebook.com/Djurrattsalliansen

that is a good idea b.g and if the vids were good enough i could see at least someone making a popular boot dvd of it at least. world peace on tour in europe as a title kinda makes me giggle. he should release one, a dvd, for the videos that people made as well and sell it for irony. not only was a video a good idea but a dvd collection of the fan made videos, one per vid per song for every song on world peace, made money on its own rather than as promotion. put the sales figures on a t shirt and make the band wear it as the new fu to harvest. cant be much overhead cost as the videos are already made and wouldnt require payment im assuming only release agreements itd be mostly profit no matter how much it sold. only material distribution and maybe promotional costs which would bring the irony full circle sicnce the video idea that was shot down due to cost but sold and made however much profit with no promotion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom