Stina Nordenstam

Bigmouth

Scandinavian
Hi.
Is anyone on this forum familiar with the Swedish singer Stina Nordenstam? I’ve [as a Swede of course] actually never heard of her a couple of years ago, and then I started to listen obsessive.
Although I used to have a massive interest for Morrissey it’s over now, still there, but dead.
Replaced by Nordenstams voice and characteristic mystique with an unusual music style.
She hasn’t released an album since “The World is Saved” [2004] which is very sad. But I hope she’ll return soon enough, stronger than ever.

Anyhow, I saw there never been an actual thread about her here.

Anyone here a fan of Stina Nordenstam?

this is Trainsurfing, a duet with Brett Anderson, from the album "This is Stina Nordenstam" [2001] :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/qcB5e9oAfRw&hl=sv&fs=1[/youtube]

I'm a swede too. For me it's like...it feels like I'd love to like her music more than I actually do. There are three songs though, which I really, really love and am moved by:

Soon after christmas
Little star
Parliament square

These three songs are all melodic, but I don't know where to look further if I want to find some more favorite songs by her. I want it too be a bit experimental, but still melodic. "This is..." is a melodic record overall, but there's something missing there though somehow for me I think.
So these three songs will have to do for now.

Back
Top Bottom