Stigma against hispanic Morrissey Fans

i once watched a programme, not so long ago in fact about racism/nazis in america. on the documentary quite a number of white american's were totally disgruntled with the presence of mexican's and the like in the u.s. the narrator descibed the white american's feelings towards mexicans in the u.s, as similar to a lot of white british peoples feelings towards asians in britain:eek: is this true? for the record, i love mexican tortilla chips:horny:

I don't think it is true. I would think that a program like that would look for people that fit the image they wanted to portray.

I don't think it is true. I would think that a program like that would look for people that fit the image they wanted to portray.

yeah it showed a special police force on the case of nazis/kkk's and when or if they were nicked, neighbours and just random people in the streets were interviewed about the nazis activities and whilst most said they wouldn't go to them extremes, they could understand as there was a healthy dislike in some areas from white americans towards mexicans and the like;)

i once watched a programme, not so long ago in fact about racism/nazis in america. on the documentary quite a number of white american's were totally disgruntled with the presence of mexican's and the like in the u.s. the narrator descibed the white american's feelings towards mexicans in the u.s, as similar to a lot of white british peoples feelings towards asians in britain:eek: is this true? for the record, i love mexican tortilla chips:horny:
I'd have to say it's true. Due to my last boyfriend, I had the misfortune of meeting some very, very racist (White Power) Americans and they compared the "situation" in the US with Mexicans to the "situation" in the UK with Pakistanis / Indians / Anyone else with none-white skin. Infact, they had a problem with me because I am a Morrissey fan because they know that Morrissey has a Latino fanbase. Then again, they had a problem with me for many other reasons too. :rolleyes:

At the Morrissey show I went to, there was a drunk Caucasian man sitting next to me, and he said, "Can I ask you a Question?? Why do hispanics love Morrissey?" and I replied, "It's the same reason why anyone else would love Morrissey."
I get a little annoyed when that question pops up.

if that was me a few years ago, i am sorry :o

large_gangs2.jpg

Cor, that picture actually gives off a smell. :sick:

I personally haven't encountered "loud, boisterous & crude" Mexican fans when I've gone to Moz shows in the West. The fans I've met have been very charming and friendly.

The only negative experience I've had at Morrissey concerts is overly aggressive people in the aptly named Pit area. But then, I'm getting too old for that sh*t anyway.

Guys in that pic look like they should be in a House of Pain video (which may or may not be fair to HOP).

I honestly couldn't tell if you were being serious or not because it's such a ridiculous thing to say. They just look like a cool group of Moz fans to me, I really wouldn't give two shits about walking through them.

Also, I would HATE to go to a Morrissey show and be surrounded by "shy, bookish types" . I like boisterousness at his gigs, it wouldn't be the same without it.

And for the stats, I'm a white British female. :rolleyes:

I like Ludacris too and have him and a few other rap and hip hop artists on my MP3 player along side Morrissey. So what?

Nothing. I'm from Compton, CA, so I grew up with that all around me. I like that shit too. But to have have them on the same playlist is like inviting a Rabbi and Hitler to your house from dinner. It just doesn't go....

Nothing. I'm from Compton, CA, so I grew up with that all around me. I like that shit too. But to have have them on the same playlist is like inviting a Rabbi and Hitler to your house from dinner. It just doesn't go....
I like to mix it up! My MP3 player goes along the lines of Morrissey - Lil Kim - Bikini Kill - A Hawk And A Hacksaw.

I like to mix it up! My MP3 player goes along the lines of Morrissey - Lil Kim - Bikini Kill - A Hawk And A Hacksaw.
Do you have any Teddy Pendergrass?

The only negative experience I've had at Morrissey concerts is overly aggressive people in the aptly named Pit area. But then, I'm getting too old for that sh*t anyway.

This cracked me up! I can relate. I was plowed over in a Morrissey pit back in 1997 in Tucson, AZ. I thought, "Do they know this is a Morrissey show?" :D

As a guy, if I have a picture of Morrissey at work; I'm immediately suspected of being gay! It's actually funny to me as I've been married for over ten years and have two children. I'm like, "Yeah, it's all an elaborate ruse: the wife, kids, etc.":)

I use a cup with the 'You're the One For Me Fatty' cover on it at work, in which Morrissey has his chest showing off. Some people immediately thought I had homosexual tendancies.

I guess there is a stigma,from what i see and make out, most of the times is they claim to have there own identity but always seems to act black or hip hop!
Its like the asians in the uk do the same!
Ive never been to a us gig so i cant comment on that!
But northen people in the uk like to think morrissey/The smiths belongs to them but with out london(south) they wouldnt of got the push they needed.
so all this camp bitching lol is every were.
But what ever way u see it iam sorry to say Hes Ours (England) lol they all go to america but England is his birth place and what his carerer is based on as any smiths song will tell u that!
Morrissey is really the only vocal music i listen to. As iam a Dj, electronica /breakbeats is were my heart is since 1982!(i was 7 and really understood what i heard) though iam part of the underground Dj scene i dont act chav or black!
ok bruv blood lmao:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom