Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes - "Plaintiff reported that matter has settled"

Just downloaded this document posted Jan. 5, 2015 on the Orange County Superior Court site. I believe this means the case has settled.

MINUTES FINALIZED FOR CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE 01/05/2015 08:45:00 AM. 01/05/2015 (1 page PDF)

CASE NO: 30-2014-00736735-CU-CO-CJC CASE INIT.DATE: 07/29/2014
CASE TITLE: Steyn vs. Morrissey
CASE CATEGORY: Civil - Unlimited CASE TYPE: Contract - Other

EVENT ID/DOCUMENT ID: 72053676
EVENT TYPE: Case Management Conference
MOVING PARTY: Bradley Steyn
CAUSAL DOCUMENT/DATE FILED: Complaint, 07/29/2014

APPEARANCES
Counsel for Plaintiff: Keith Davidson via courtcall
Counsel for Defendant: Bruce Isaacs via courtcall

Stipulation for Temporary Judge signed and filed.

Plaintiff reported that matter has settled.

The Order to Show Cause re: Dismissal on Settled Case is scheduled for 03/11/2015 at 08:45 AM in
Department C06.

No appearances required if Request for Dismissal is on file.

Parties waive notice.

UPDATE Jan. 7:

Link posted by Eurydice:

Morrissey - Bodyguard Moves To End Morrissey Lawsuit - WENN / Contactmusic.com

Related item:

Last edited:
Because there are bigger fish to fry.

Absolutely, this, give the peasant a few grand, close the book move on. Moz will know plenty of people in the touring business enough to make sure he struggles finding security work again, and who needs the grief he certainly doesn't want any possibility of restrictions on his visa he likes America to much. End it move on.

Re: Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes - "Plaintiff reported that matter has settled"

That shift key is invaluable.

no offense but i dont use capital letters either along with other grammar issues i stubburenly hold onto. dont mean to offend

Re: Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes - "Plaintiff reported that matter has settled"

How about you read the information available before mouthing off? It says that the details behind the closure of the case will be made available in March. I guess it was just too much trouble for you to read it.

"The Order to Show Cause re: Dismissal on Settled Case is scheduled for 03/11/2015 at 08:45 AM in
Department C06."

best
BB

I read it and you've just proved my point. Try thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, one monotonous voice spitting out phrases by rote. Each person indistinguishable from the rest.

You are seriously creepy.

Someone above asked what Benny would say and I was thinking this all along when I read this. My guess it would be something like....Wha??? Morrissey a hypocrite??? who would have guessed that he would delight in the injury of a bullfighter after having an article that he supported (no TTY statement to the contrary) that gives discounts to advertised hotels for those attending these very bullfights....or something like that.

No one really gives a shit what brummie, benny, barley, reality bites thinks anyway.Their sole purpose here is to call out the so called Morrissey apologists. I'd rather be a member of the Morrissey apologists than whatever club they belong to. My god they're miserable. I mean we're all miserable in some way. We're Morrissey fans for god's sake, but they take it to an almighty super powered level.

no offense but i dont use capital letters either along with other grammar issues i stubburenly hold onto. dont mean to offend

You're alright though so you're forgiven!

dont take it personal, hes programmed to say that. when you have no personality automatically it defaults to the grammar/spelling police.
you will notice a similarity amongst several posters here as if they were robots.

No one really gives a shit what brummie, benny, barley, reality bites thinks anyway.Their sole purpose here is to call out the so called Morrissey apologists. I'd rather be a member of the Morrissey apologists than whatever club they belong to. My god they're miserable. I mean we're all miserable in some way. We're Morrissey fans for god's sake, but they take it to an almighty super powered level.

I hear you...but to say no one isn't fair because not everyone feels the same way you do...and I don't believe their sole purpose is to call out Moz...just the hypocrisy they believe to exist in his writings and interviews (even if sometimes a little heavy-handed) . Also, I have read many JB and RB posts that have nothing to do with criticizing Morrissey, and rather than miserable I find their posts interesting as I find many other staunch Morrissey supporters posts equally interesting. The only club that anyone here belongs to is Club Morrissey and it can get pretty wacky at times, but never dull or boring.

Last edited:
Then he should have fought it instead of settling. But I suppose if he says he didn't do anything wrong that will be good enough for you and your ilk.

One sad thing about the Internet and is that it allows your ilk to constantly detract and troll against the things that others value. Your oh-so superior intellectual posturing is tedious in the extreme.

Watching the Love Bites video posted yesterday, what struck me was how happy and rewarded the people filmed felt.
No doubt they are to be dismissed as cult followers.

I still feel as they felt, and I cannot understand why someone who finds Morrissey so objectionable would waste their energy here making others angry and unhappy. There's a clock on the wall making fun of us all, and if this is how you get your kicks... Express yourself in another way, on another forum...

You and a number of others keep flogging this anti-Morrissey diatribe down everyone's throats and it is boring, boring, boring.

At least in the paper fanzine age you could find like minded fans and if you wanted to avoid the a***holes you'd steer clear of the NME and perhaps save your tour shirts for inside the house. ..

dont take it personal, hes programmed to say that. when you have no personality automatically it defaults to the grammar/spelling police.
you will notice a similarity amongst several posters here as if they were robots.

Well, you know, there's only so many times you can be referred to as a cultist, a sycophant, a robot, whatever else, before you realise there's not a lot of point in responding to it with anything sensible. There's no point trying to meet stupidity with reason. I don't see the point in tearing strips off somebody every day, if that makes me all of the things that people who like Morrissey are branded as, forgive me.

A court case would render any 'confidentiality agreement' between Morrissey & Steyn null and void. So, even if Morrissey was sure he could win on the specifics of these allegations, the 'poker game' of other possible revelations might have led Morrissey to settle purely to avoid unwanted disclosures about his private life. I assume we'll know a little more in March.

The recent disclosures in court by ex-staff of Lady Gaga rendered her a laughing stock. We already know that Morrissey is incapable of grinding his own salt so who knows what other humorous revelations would unfold in open court? He's probably sensibly decided not to be mauled by the media over his lifestyle foibles.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, probably including instructing his security team to make sure he never has to answer any more of your questions about 'signs'.

best
BB

I think this is a relatively fair assessment. As we know a court case about that incident is not just a court case about that incident, the defendant's whole life gets opened up like a can of worms, which I would assume is not a particularly appetizing proposition. For once he used his loaf (and perhaps previous experience has taught him something) and made it go away. I would've done the same thing. Going to court is like Russian Roulette and even though you may be convinced that the truth is on your side that really is no guarantee of winning.

Put a line under it and move on.

The case was probably settled in that Steyn couldn't move forward with the lawsuit. Steyn only named two people in the suit, one of them being Morrissey, but sued 100 unnamed others in this very suit. Yeah, that doesn't sound suspicious at all. If Steyn's case had merit, he should should have had his day in court. He's nobody. Morrissey didn't address the lawsuit when the story first broke; it would be very surprising and if he were to address it now. Don't hold your breath waiting for a TTY statement.

The case was probably settled in that Steyn couldn't move forward with the lawsuit. Steyn only named two people in the suit, one of them being Morrissey, but sued 100 unnamed others in this very suit. Yeah, that doesn't sound suspicious at all. If Steyn's case had merit, he should should have had his day in court. He's nobody. Morrissey didn't address the lawsuit when the story first broke; it would be very surprising and if he were to address it now. Don't hold your breath waiting for a TTY statement.

Would Morrissey have been allowed to talk about it then? Would he be allowed to talk about it now?

You wouldn't imagine blabbing on the web would be part of any settlement.

the other half of me was thinking this as well but i dont have enough experience to be able to tell for sure. all of my legal expertise friends are at work so i havent asked anyone yet but would love to hear an informed opinion

I read it and you've just proved my point. Try thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

You are seriously creepy.

You *read* it but forgot to factor it into your thinking before commenting. How useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you can't keep mentioning me. At least you know that your part of the group-think. Rather odd that you flaunt it, but it takes all sorts.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey has brains and money. There is no shame in avoiding a freak show.

Or he's learned from his experiences before Judge Weeks or whatever his name was...

best
BB

Well, you know, there's only so many times you can be referred to as a cultist, a sycophant, a robot, whatever else, before you realise there's not a lot of point in responding to it with anything sensible. There's no point trying to meet stupidity with reason. I don't see the point in tearing strips off somebody every day, if that makes me all of the things that people who like Morrissey are branded as, forgive me.

fb, you really ought to do something about all that ' there is no point in responding to it with anything sensible'. then responding to me saying i am not sensible. makes it like you got glitch.

Wow... Common sense? Yes! Common sense! Thank you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom