Steyn vs. Morrissey - case dismissed on May 11, 2015 following request for 'dismissal with prejudice

I'm a California attorney, "with prejudice" means that the case is resolved and the plaintiff cannot file another suit based upon the same or similar facts. It would only be dismissed "with prejudice" if there was a settlement. Otherwise, the plaintiff would dismiss it "without prejudice" (i.e. he can file again within the statute of limitations). Who knows how much the settlement was for or who paid it. Moz could have had an insurance company who decided to settle it to avoid legal costs or if they believed there was some exposure to liability. But we are likely to hear nothing about the result absent a leak because there will be a confidentiality clause. Final note, a settlement does not necessarily mean that the plaintiff had anything real to complain about. Companies and individuals settle all of the time, because of the cost to fight and whether the evidence seems to support the plaintiff's complaint (even though the "real" facts do not).

We will never know but from what you've said there is the possibility that the whole thing was a load of crap but was settled to save money on a pointless court case.
If people were arrested for what they say then we would all be in lock-up avoiding the shower rooms.

I'm no legal expert but from asking around a bit, I think it likely means there was some sort of settlement and adding the 'with prejudice' as part of the settlement so the case would end here. Steyn's lawyer could have requested it to be dismissed without that part if he just wanted to drop it.

That's right, you are no legal expert. I'm not sure if asking around a bit helps your case either. No one knows what happened for sure so it's all just speculation.

I talked to some legal experts so maybe it does. willnevermarry posted something similar and is a California attorney. Also, since the case was earlier reported as 'close to settling', I don't think it's that far off to say it was likely settled.

That's right, you are no legal expert. I'm not sure if asking around a bit helps your case either. No one knows what happened for sure so it's all just speculation.

Last edited:
I talked to some legal experts so maybe it does. willnevermarry posted something similar and is a California attorney. Also, since the case was earlier reported as 'close to settling', I don't think it's that far off to say it was likely settled.

Yeah probably not far off but it's hard to know what side did what and why when we're only given the info in bits and pieces is all.

and speculation about public figures is fun

I'm no legal expert but from asking around a bit, I think it likely means there was some sort of settlement and adding the 'with prejudice' as part of the settlement so the case would end here. Steyn's lawyer could have requested it to be dismissed without that part if he just wanted to drop it.

There really is nothing here that implies or infers a settlement. The "with prejudice" means that Steyn cannot resubmit this in the future.

Since all we can do is speculate on how this resolved, my gut tells me he dropped it because he wasn't going to win anything due to lack of proof and he wanted to stop paying his lawyer and quit while he was only a little behind instead of a lot.

As someone else posted, we'll probably never know.

EDIT: I didn't know there was rumours of this getting settled. If that was out there then my gut might be completely wrong.

and speculation about public figures is fun

Well, it's certainly not FUN for the public figure. It always makes me angry that there are so much people out there who can hurt public figures so easily with some invented story. It's so shabby. They perfectly know that, in a sense, they will always win because no matter how the outcome of some court case may be, the story will be remembered ... in 5 years, in 10 years ... forever. There will be doubt in the minds of people forever. People around here constantly overestimate their "knowledge" about what kind of person Morrissey is and have the feeling to know him in and out, yet when such unbelievable accusations occur they are suddenly quick to say "Well, it could be true, we don't really know him." And it doesn't even matter anymore what his real friends, who actually know him, have to say about him. I remember that Chrissie Hynde was the only one who actually said something about Moz' reputation last year and it was quite revealing. She said "It's so wide off the mark. He wouldn't hurt a fly." I often think that Morrissey has always been a victim of his appearance. When he was young and looked so frail, people considered him much weaker than he actually was and now that he looks so beefy, he always comes across much harder than he is. I think nobody ever gets it right.

What's a bag of crisps?

This is so much bull locks! Morrissey is hardly ever in the USA with the exception of touring. He would especially not be in LA, let alone Orange County!-Anonymous ////---//// MCFC United

"I am Human and I Need to Be Loved... Just Line Everybody Else Does...."

I retract the aforementioned statement! Now where is my big block of cheeeeeseeeee?????

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Mmmmmm ! " just line* anybody else does " eh ?

Yet another who wants to be like me ! Listen there's a long line of people who want to be like me, you can't just jump in like that get in the line behind Charles he's at the front you know.

Next !

like*

Nobody cares about this except you DavidT, you sad muppet. Your 15 minutes of fame are over, so crawl back under your rock and take this has-been site with you. Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram give us all the concert info we need now, whilst you don't get a set list for two days and there is barely a review to be seen - instead we get the delusional ramblings of bedroom Smiths fans who haven't been to a concert since 1984. It's over David. Go, just go. Go. Go. Go on, go.

Who's Julia?

She's just a bird with a big beak. Some say she's Stevens ligger others say shes just a crazy spending Daddy's hard earned inheritance ! Anyways Silly Steven has made a fortune out of her for she follows him around like a fly round a dogs mocha.

Nobody cares about this except you DavidT, you sad muppet. Your 15 minutes of fame are over, so crawl back under your rock and take this has-been site with you. Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram give us all the concert info we need now, whilst you don't get a set list for two days and there is barely a review to be seen - instead we get the delusional ramblings of bedroom Smiths fans who haven't been to a concert since 1984. It's over David. Go, just go. Go. Go. Go on, go.

You care enough to check in. Lol.

Does that mean Beaky's tru2u site is over as well ? Her shite zine NEVER gave you anything or set lists you sad muppet !
Just the fact your posting here is good enough for me because deep down you know it all happens here ! Hhaaaaaaa !
This place shits all over twatter , you-lube , face-4ck and insta-Granny. Your just like all the others, you always end up coming back to have as sneaky peek at the famous regulars on here ! Haaaaaaaaaaa !
Go on now off you 4ck ! Let's here no more from you

You care enough to check in. Lol.

Yes! And too frightened or inept to log in. Anyone who thinks Moz solo is not a useful site has the intelligence of a beetle crawling from under a rock. For old info alone it is a great site (past tours,photos, comments, etc).

Let's have a share of hands then !

Love solo

Hate solo

Come on let's be havin you !

one can only be beefy by eating beef. am i correct? he has steadily been gaining weight year in year out only consuming vegetables? thats impossible. every true and real vegan i know is rail thin.

true and fair enough. I wonder if this will hurt his chances of finding work in the field in the future. honest question as I just don't know if its a career killer or just par for the course

the fact that criminal charges were never filed against morrissey, et al., tells you all you need to know about this case. steyn's lucky his BS didn't get much media coverage, otherwise he'd surely be looking for a new line of work.

one can only be beefy by eating beef. am i correct? he has steadily been gaining weight year in year out only consuming vegetables? thats impossible. every true and real vegan i know is rail thin.

Moz looks fantastic. He's a lot thinner than he was a few years ago.

They don't call him 'Silly Steven' for nothing you know ! Judge Weeks had three other names for him and they have stuck like shit to a blanket.
Solo 1 CrankFraud 0

How can someone so vegan sing the songs at F Y F FESTIVAL ?
Steven take a Steven take a bow
And boot the crime of this world in the crotch dear !

4ck Tosserrey t-shirt anyone ?

I went to the Wawa for an Italian Hogie yesterday and there were ads all over with Morrisseys name on it for the firefly festival. Even next to the machines where you order milkshakes and club sandwiches.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom