Steve Croce - disappeared

Re:

What is really going on?

It doesn't even matter, Reelaround. Life's so hard that this truly doesn't matter. There's not a doubt in my mind that Croce was a fake. There's not a doubt in my mind that Croce was a woman. I knew this in November. No man writes the way he did. He promoted himself as asexual. In my opinion, no asexual man writes like he did. No straight man writes like he did. No gay man writes like he did. There's no doubt in my mind that someone here on Moz-Solo created Croce. However, in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't matter. There are children literally starving all over this f***ing world. There are children getting molested all over this world. There is injustice everywhere. North Korea, Iran, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., f***ing etc.

You're an amazing person, Reelaround. Don't worry about this trivial stuff. I know I did in the past, but I don't anymore. As far as I'm concerned, you're the best poster on this site. This Steve Croce ruse just isn't worth your time or effort even worrying about.

Re:

It doesn't even matter, Reelaround. Life's so hard that this truly doesn't matter. There's not a doubt in my mind that Croce was a fake. There's not a doubt in my mind that Croce was a woman. I knew this in November. No man writes the way he did. He promoted himself as asexual. In my opinion, no asexual man writes like he did. No straight man writes like he did. No gay man writes like he did. There's no doubt in my mind that someone here on Moz-Solo created Croce. However, in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't matter. There are children literally starving all over this f***ing world. There are children getting molested all over this world. There is injustice everywhere. North Korea, Iran, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., f***ing etc.

You're an amazing person, Reelaround. Don't worry about this trivial stuff. I know I did in the past, but I don't anymore. As far as I'm concerned, you're the best poster on this site. This Steve Croce ruse just isn't worth your time or effort even worrying about.

He could have been fake, I thought so at first too, but there is a real person with his name and face and job description in the area he claims to be from. I'll admit I did a little checking up on him when he first started to get under my skin and I assumed he was someone from Solo having a lark under an alias...until I realized how pathetic it was to care enough to Google him.

Whether he was a real dude (I admit it still seems fishy) or someone from here who randomly picked the real Steve Croce's identity and used them to create an alter ego here...it doesn't matter, and we can't know, and none of us are anything other than what we portray ourselves as here anyway, so it's moot.

Re:

He could have been fake, I thought so at first too, but there is a real person with his name and face and job description in the area he claims to be from. I'll admit I did a little checking up on him when he first started to get under my skin and I assumed he was someone from Solo having a lark under an alias...until I realized how pathetic it was to care enough to Google him.

Whether he was a real dude (I admit it still seems fishy) or someone from here who randomly picked the real Steve Croce's identity and used them to create an alter ego here...it doesn't matter, and we can't know, and none of us are anything other than what we portray ourselves as here anyway, so it's moot.

I agree. What you wrote was really well stated.

Re:

I laughed at this.
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who sometimes does a, "why the F am I bothering with this?"

Then of course, when I should take the time to check someone out, I often fail miserably. :rolleyes:

Re:

I laughed at this.
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who sometimes does a, "why the F am I bothering with this?"

Then of course, when I should take the time to check someone out, I often fail miserably. :rolleyes:

I search everybody. I don't think it is pathetic at all. You have to. Buyer beware. We research cars, homes, schools. Why not people? Steve was the real deal. I don't know why he stopped posting here. I respect his privacy enough to not contact him and ask him. I do feel bad that people are bashing him in this thread. He was nothing but kind to the people here. Those who think he was a fake simply did not get a chance to get to know him. Maybe because you didn't take the time. Or maybe because he did not respond to your attempts to get his attention. He was not a fan of trolls and witch hunters. Maybe if your efforts fell on deaf ears, you were considered to be one of those things.

Re:

I search everybody. I don't think it is pathetic at all. You have to. Buyer beware. We research cars, homes, schools. Why not people?

Because you're not marrying him. He was a f***ing poster on a Morrissey website.

Steve was the real deal.

Are you as sure of that as you were sure I was trolling you? I mean that Viva was? I mean that CG was?

I don't know why he stopped posting here. I respect his privacy enough to not contact him and ask him.

That you even have to say that out loud is very telling. It shouldn't even be an option for you to enunciate that choice.

I do feel bad that people are bashing him in this thread. He was nothing but kind to the people here.

He wasn't kind to me. So, you're wrong. Take a deep breath. It happens.

Those who think he was a fake simply did not get a chance to get to know him.

Oh but you got to know him, right?

Maybe because you didn't take the time.

Some of us have lives.

Or maybe because he did not respond to your attempts to get his attention. He was not a fan of trolls and witch hunters. Maybe if your efforts fell on deaf ears, you were considered to be one of those things.

How will we ever recover.

Last edited:
Re:

I search everybody. I don't think it is pathetic at all. You have to. Buyer beware. We research cars, homes, schools. Why not people? Steve was the real deal. I don't know why he stopped posting here. I respect his privacy enough to not contact him and ask him. I do feel bad that people are bashing him in this thread. He was nothing but kind to the people here. Those who think he was a fake simply did not get a chance to get to know him. Maybe because you didn't take the time. Or maybe because he did not respond to your attempts to get his attention. He was not a fan of trolls and witch hunters. Maybe if your efforts fell on deaf ears, you were considered to be one of those things.

I liked him. He really did seem like a good one.

Re:

You liked him because he was good looking. And because he said nice things. But mainly because he was good looking. That goes a long way with you people.

That's not completely fair to say.
Some of the "ugliest" people that I know also happen to be the best looking.

I like you (although I also think you're good looking - so you don't count).

I adore kissmyshadestoo, AND I have no idea what he looks like.

Steve was attractive, yet also seemed to be very kind and humble. That, in my opinion, is a magical combination.
I say "seemed," because after all, it is just an internet forum - and I really never got to know him.

Re:

Because you're not marrying him. he was a f***ing poster on a Morrissey website.

He and I became friends. He was not just a poster on a website to me.

He wasn't kind to me. So, you're wrong. Take a deep breath. It happens.

I can only report on what I saw through my own biased lenses.

Oh but you got to know him, right?

Yes, I actually did. Short of violating my own privacy and his, I can't really say too much. Nor do I wish to.

Some of us have lives.

We all have lives. Some of us have lives that include meaningful online friendships. You have had them in the past as well. Probably still do. You know what that is like.

Re:

We all have lives. Some of us have lives that include meaningful online friendships. You have had them in the past as well. Probably still do. You know what that is like.

I'm not saying you don't have a life; in fact that's my point: I don't know you well enough to make such an assessment because I only know you online and it is impossible to have a meaningful friendship or relationship of any kind with someone you only know online.

That's all there is to it.

Re:

I'm not saying you don't have a life; in fact that's my point: I don't know you well enough to make such an assessment because I only know you online and it is impossible to have a meaningful friendship or relationship of any kind with someone you only know online.

That's all there is to it.

You believe it is impossible for YOU to have a meaningful online relationship. It is not impossible for others, including myself. It depends on the effort you put into it. And secondly, how you define meaningful. Online friendships can be both possible and rewarding.

Re:

I think "meaningful" is defo one of those words whose meaning is in the eye of the beholder :straightface:

I think too, that many men don't get talkie relationships--the kind women often have with their girlfriends. They are more into doing things with their friends. So if the physical, sharing the same space experience is not present, the relationship is not REAL and certainly not meaningful. For me, connecting is not always about in person, face to face contact. It is about sharing yourself--your thoughts and feelings. Intimacy is possible online. Sure, you cannot hold someone's hand. But you get get inside their head.

- - - Updated - - -

It's impossible for me to have a meaningful relationship offline, too. :p

I don't believe you. :p

Re:

I think too, that many men don't get talkie relationships--the kind women often have with their girlfriends. They are more into doing things with their friends. So if the physical, sharing the same space experience is not present, the relationship is not REAL and certainly not meaningful. For me, connecting is not always about in person, face to face contact. It is about sharing yourself--your thoughts and feelings. Intimacy is possible online. Sure, you cannot hold someone's hand. But you get get inside their head.p
maybe this is sad, but this place is the one in the world where I feel I can be the most honest :eek:

Back
Top Bottom