Stereogum: "The Smiths’ Johnny Marr & Andy Rourke Are On A New Song Together For The First Time In 35 Years" (November 17, 2022)

Excerpt:

Do not hold your breath waiting for Johnny Marr and Morrissey to collaborate in any capacity again, but those holding out for some form of Smiths reunion can exhale. When Marr opened for the Killers at Madison Square Garden in September, Smiths bassist Andy Rourke joined him for a run through “How Soon Is Now?” and “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.” Now Marr and Rourke have appeared on a song together for the first time in 35 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine, danceable and catchy. Ironically, this will probably get more airplay than any new Morrissey song. ;)

nothing ironic about it. Unfortunately music like ‘fine, danceable and catchy’ has always been easier to sell to the masses.

This sounds like the B-side to Easy Money which sounds like the B-side to Draize Train.........which Morrissey couldn't even be bothered putting lyrics to.

nothing ironic about it. Unfortunately music like ‘fine, danceable and catchy’ has always been easier to sell to the masses.
if i want dance music, i'm gonna listen to kylie minogue, or abba. both great to naked stress bake to. yes, thats right, i tend to like to stress bake, buck naked, to gay disco anthems! im such a fag.

It's an absolutely terrible song! But there are a few moments in there where the the guitar and bass do sound rather nice. The vocal and lyrics are awful though.

It's an absolutely terrible song! But there are a few moments in there where the the guitar and bass do sound rather nice. The vocal and lyrics are awful though.
Yeah I think I counted about eight seconds that sounded nice and then the guy sang. There is a new genre now and its net is wide covering film, television and music. This new genre is called Cringe.

The vocals and lyrics are horrible, but I like the music.

I hope Andy is doing well. I had read a rumour on here that he is unwell. I hope that isn't true.

Excerpt:

Do not hold your breath waiting for Johnny Marr and Morrissey to collaborate in any capacity again, but those holding out for some form of Smiths reunion can exhale. When Marr opened for the Killers at Madison Square Garden in September, Smiths bassist Andy Rourke joined him for a run through “How Soon Is Now?” and “There Is

Excerpt:

Do not hold your breath waiting for Johnny Marr and Morrissey to collaborate in any capacity again, but those holding out for some form of Smiths reunion can exhale. When Marr opened for the Killers at Madison Square Garden in September, Smiths bassist Andy Rourke joined him for a run through “How Soon Is Now?” and “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.” Now Marr and Rourke have appeared on a song together for the first time in 35 years.

Excerpt:

Excerpt:

Thats the theme for the New "Power Rangers" Movie sorted.

It's fine, danceable and catchy. Ironically, this will probably get more airplay than any new Morrissey song. ;)
@Gina Docs, are you looking to feel the scorn of the “true believers” still reeling from the news ‘BoT’ has had its release date pushed back into infinity….ish? Be careful. You’ll feel the wrath, turn your back….and gag with satisfaction, ma’am. :thumb:

They can choose what they wish to be.
of course. There’s nothing wrong with being anonymous if that’s what they choose. I just don’t think the anon and the member Gina are the same person, I could be wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom