Stereogum Are Full Of Shit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 big member.

because they have jumped on the bandwagon of don't include Morrissey in anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, that's complete bullshit. World Peace is a cracking album, both lyrically and musically. To not include that album because of something Morrissey has said, is fucking ridiculous.

Now, not that Morrissey has been accused of anthing that Harvey Weinstein has, I'll bet that Pulp Fiction still appears on Best Of film lists. Despite the fact that Harvey loved the script and Miramax financed and distributed it. Ah, they'll say, but Harvey isn't IN the film. To which I'd say, fuck off.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stereogum, July 7 2014

"Still, this is a fascinating record that rewards repeated listens, just as the equally difficult Southpaw Grammar did nearly twenty years ago. Morrissey is a visionary artist who has spent much of his long and storied career betting that his most seemingly ill-judged exertions will age gracefully. On this score, he has been right far more than he has been wrong, and World Peace Is None Of Your Business may well follow in that tradition. Even at his most sonically dissonant and tonally untethered, he often knows more than the rest of us."

https://www.stereogum.com/1690758/p...our-business/franchises/premature-evaluation/

5. Ketamine Sun

Ketamine Sun <><><><><><><>

Funny. Yes agree, should be on the list, but they are afraid they’ll lose traffic/money. COWARDS.

Then again, that list is full of sooooo much crap, in a way it’s better that WPINOYB is not on it.

:cool:

6. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 big member.

totally agree I had world peace on heavy rotation for nearly a year,some great stuff on it.

7. Harsh Truth

Harsh Truth Ever Felt Had?

I’m sorry you had to go through that. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. The Truth

The Truth gamma member

You might be confusing "best" with "albums that were popular the week of their release and then dropped off the charts."

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Truth

The Truth gamma member

So...
    they didn't put it on because they thought that it would cause a mass uprising,
    but...
    that's good because they don't have good taste anyway?

• Like Like x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  10. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 big member.

it was my choice and I stand by it,if im not mistaken it was classed on here as a great album at the time.

11. Ketamine Sun

Ketamine Sun <><><><><><><>

I didn’t say that.

12. The Truth

The Truth gamma member

How can we know what you really mean without asking? ;)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

Stereogum's "best albums of the decade" list is not based on chart placings, which should be obvious to anyone. And even if it were, no album of Morrissey's would be in the top 100, because they always chart high and then drop rapidly. His iffy politics won't help either, but the main reason for WPINOYB or LIHS not being on the list is that very few people consider them to be among Morrissey's best work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lists are subjective and full of personal politics but I’ll say that world peace is in my top five morrissey solo albums. The album is a great summation of morrissey as a whole

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true!

NME gave it 4.5/5 https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/reviews-morrissey-15436

The Guardian gave it 4/5 stars https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/10/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-review

The Observer via The Guardian 4/5 stars https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/13/world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-morrissey-review

Me 10/10.

17. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

Here's a more comprehensive collection of reviews, which shows that only LIHS and CS of his recent albums have received more negative reviews. Plus when a heritage artist or band releases a new band, you'll always see a slew of reviews claiming that it's "a return to form", only to be forgotten in a few weeks time.

https://www.metacritic.com/person/morrissey