Stephen Street Twitter post about Viva Hate era cassette (July 13, 2022)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
How cool would it be to finally hear
“I Don’t want us to Finish”

There's just somethin' in the feelin' of the
Viva Hate stuff that's unique.
Maybe it's 'cause S Street was used to workin'
with Moz and he had a certain understandin'
on how to record Moz.
Maybe it was the times.

on how to record Moz.
Maybe it was the times.

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

Other possibilities: Alsatian Cousin, Break Up The Family, I Don't Mind If You Forget Me, Dial-a-Cliche, Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness or I Don't Want Us To Finish, which heretofore has never been heard but I believe was mentioned in Street's Viva Hate era journal several years ago (edit: and also in Mozipedia).
I dont want us to finish, naked civil servant, I'm not worth hitting and Teresa Teresa (Alain's Track) are .....

Hazard

on how to record Moz.
Maybe it was the times.
This is quite interesting to read so thanks for posting. But actually it's nothing to do with Street. More that Vinny Reilly (Musician) was involved and he's talented and unique and weird and lots of other things too. But HE is why Viva Hate is superb sounding today in 2022, just as it was when it was released.

I do appreciate Producers Clanger and Winstanley and Street have/had ability. They are just not superb musicians like Vinny is. Or was.

Hazard x

This is quite interesting to read so thanks for posting. But actually it's nothing to do with Street. More that Vinny Reilly (Musician) was involved and he's talented and unique and weird and lots of other things too. But HE is why Viva Hate is superb sounding today in 2022, just as it was when it was released.

I do appreciate Producers Clanger and Winstanley and Street have/had ability. They are just not superb musicians like Vinny is. Or was.

Hazard x

It's too bad Morrissey wouldn't pay Vini what he wanted to work on a second album. That was a serious miscalculation.

It's too bad Morrissey wouldn't pay Vini what he wanted to work on a second album.

Believe we only have Tony Wilson’s side of the story on that. And Tony and Morrissey didn’t really get along, it seems.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom