Stephen Street: "I put Pete (Doherty) up there with Morrissey, I really do"

taking back every nice thing I have said about Stephen Street :straightface:
unless, of course, such comments are motivated by our living in a civilization where the occassional idiotice remark (Moz)
degrades someone more than the drug using, generally horrible person that Pete D is said to be by almost everyone :rolleyes:
wait, another thought comes to mind :eek: perhaps Pete is Stephen Street's dealer, that would explain him saying this a whole lot :cool:

smack head or not pete just made made a great album.

Well, hang on. I think people are really harsh on Peter. Yes, maybe he's an addict, but that doesn't mean the man doesn't have a heart and great talent. What we know about him is what we have read on the internet or in magazines, and I hardly say that's fair, really. Stephen has worked with both and know them personally. Who are we to judge his opinion? But even if people don't agree, who's to say Peter won't be on that level one day? I think that sort of status takes a lot of time and work, but then, I also believe he's a great lyricist and musician...And, let's not forget that some of his fans may already consider him an "Icon", and they're completely entitled to their opinions.

If he died tomorrow (God forbid) don't you think he'd be remembered for the great (incredible) music he's created thus far? I would hope so. Most all great artists suffer from some sort of horrible addiction or other dark problem. I wish people would get over that and peel back the layers and try to see the good in what they discard as bad.

smack head or not pete just made made a great album.

"just"?! Making a(nother) great album is not to be downplayed. Two belters with Libertines; and Shotter's Nation is a rock-solid beauty. Lookin fwd to the new Babyshambles stuff. PD is the greatest British pop talent since Morrissey and Marr.

Swerving his body doesn't mean picking Mark up and throwing him off the balcony. Again - speculation. We weren't there. We don't know.

Nor does his mother. She'd like to know

Nor does his mother. She'd like to know

And that's understandable, obviously. I wasn't being heartless. I didn't mean to come across that way...I was just stating that we can't call Peter a "Murderer" without proof.

Well, if Stephen Street's critiquing of the Viva Hate reissue last year didn't spell the end of ever working with Moz again...this comment might do the trick.

art-petedoherty-420x0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom