Stephen King's next novel

A

Anonymous

Stephen King's next novel, Later, is available as a limited edition hardback. Only 2,500 hardbacks will be produced.
It's available from Forbidden Planet. Not sure if other stores/sites will stock it.

"Description

This Limited Collector’s Edition is limited to only 2500 copies worldwide.

SOMETIMES GROWING UP MEANS FACING YOUR DEMONS.

The son of a struggling single mother, Jamie Conklin just wants an ordinary childhood. But Jamie is no ordinary child. Born with an unnatural ability his mom urges him to keep secret, Jamie can see what no one else can see and learn what no one else can learn. But the cost of using this ability is higher than Jamie can imagine – as he discovers when an NYPD detective draws him into the pursuit of a killer who has threatened to strike from beyond the grave.

LATER is Stephen King at his finest, a terrifying and touching story of innocence lost and the trials that test our sense of right and wrong. With echoes of King’s classic novel It,LATER is a powerful, haunting, unforgettable exploration of what it takes to stand up to evil in all the faces it wears."

8797f2012494e846eae0ccfd77f56d0dbfb83d24.jpg

I love SK, my favourite author. I’ve got all his books.

What are peoples favourites?

I’d probably go for The Dark Half maybe, but it’s a tough, tough choice, he’s written so much good stuff. His recent work is really good too, he’s never gone shit.

I’d probably go for The Dark Half maybe, but it’s a tough, tough choice, he’s written so much good stuff. His recent work is really good too, he’s never gone shit.
Some years ago, I was an avid reader, Frederick Forsyth, Robert Ludlum, and similar. I have read SK also...in paperback, but I couldn't rattle off a list for you, I don't think I read that many. Tbh, I couldn't tell you which was the last paperback book I read, it's been such a long time.

The last digital book I read completely was Marr's poor & weak attempt at writing, Set The Boy Free.
Current digital reading is The Severed Alliance, about half way through thus far...but slow progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's only one King book that I've closed halfway through; Rose Madder. It was great, right up to the point where Rose buys a painting. It went bad fast. Everything else that I've read by King is excellent.

I loved The Institute. I hope he writes a sequel. The Mr Mercedes trilogy is a blast. I loved Under The Dome. Cracking novel. Dreamcatcher is excellent science fiction. DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!

The Dark Tower series is epic. That series is full of unbelievable ideas it will stun you!

The Stand, It, The Green Mile, The Tommyknockers are all brilliant. As is 11/22/63. His short story collections are also great. He's written so many great books/short stories!

Cell. If you haven't read any Stephen King books and wondering where to start, start with Cell. Absolutely fantastic. The film is also really good.

The Shining and Doctor Sleep are must-reads!

I love 'em all. Except Rose Madder! :)

I can't just pick one. He works within different genres, which makes it really hard to pick just one book.

Some years ago, I was an avid reader, Frederick Forsyth, Robert Ludlum, and similar. I have read SK also...in paperback, but I couldn't rattle off a list for you, I don't think I read that many. Tbh, I couldn't tell you which was the last paperback book I read, it's been such a long time.

The last digital book I read completely was Marr's poor & weak attempt at writing, Set The Boy Free.
Current digital reading is The Severed Alliance, about half way through thus far...but slow progress.
I wouldn’t read Marr’s autobiography, I don’t need to to know what it’ll be like.

King is vastly underrated really, he may have sold shedloads but he is too often dismissed as just a horror writer when really he is anything but. It’s just a lazy assertion based on a handful of books & some shit film adaptations.

There's only one King book that I've closed halfway through; Rose Madder. It was great, right up to the point where Rose buys a painting. It went bad fast. Everything else that I've read by King is excellent.

I loved The Institute. I hope he writes a sequel. The Mr Mercedes trilogy is a blast. I loved Under The Dome. Cracking novel. Dreamcatcher is excellent science fiction. DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!

The Dark Tower series is epic. That series is full of unbelievable ideas it will stun you!

The Stand, It, The Green Mile, The Tommyknockers are all brilliant. As is 11/22/63. His short story collections are also great. He's written so many great books/short stories!

Cell. If you haven't read any Stephen King books and wondering where to start, start with Cell. Absolutely fantastic. The film is also really good.

The Shining and Doctor Sleep are must-reads!

I love 'em all. Except Rose Madder! :)

I can't just pick one. He works within different genres, which makes it really hard to pick just one book.
Great post. I quite enjoyed Rose Madder but each to their own (when it comes to things like this).

I just read Duma Key for the first time recently, I’d had it for ages but forgot about it to be honest. That was good. Quite unfilmable though I reckon.

The Institute was great, and he’s done another one since then, ‘If it bleeds’, 4 shorter stories, one of which features Holly from the ‘Mercedes’ trilogy👍

Oh & another one he did recently (ish), ‘Revival’ - brilliant! A must read.

Looking at the review for that new book he has out though, it sounds a lot like The Shining in many ways... And the cover is awful, it looks like it’s aimed at teenagers.

Looking at the review for that new book he has out though, it sounds a lot like The Shining in many ways... And the cover is awful, it looks like it’s aimed at teenagers.

The cover is pure Hard Case Crime. Take a look at some of their covers. They are works of art!

And what's wrong with these?

91xakH5jxPL.jpg

The cover is pure Hard Case Crime. Take a look at some of their covers. They are works of art!

And what's wrong with these?

91xakH5jxPL.jpg

The first one isn’t too bad, it’s the second I’m not to keen on.

I’ve got a hard case novel already, he did one called ‘Joyland’ a few years ago. A cracking read!

I love the cover and I always love me some King, I've been an avid reader of his works since I was a kid. I've read most of his books, but still have to catch up on some newer ones

Some of my favourites are The Shining, The Long Walk, Joyland (another Hard Case Crime release), 11/22/63, The Dark Tower (especially the second book, The Drawing Of The Three), Duma Key and Different Seasons, which also happened to be the first King I read.

Of his last books I really enjoyed Revival and Gwendy's Button Box.
The Bill Hodges trilogy was alright but not really my cup of tea and I disliked the way he tried to shoehorn detailed descriptions of "modern technology" into it. That was just weird.

I love the cover and I always love me some King, I've been an avid reader of his works since I was a kid. I've read most of his books, but still have to catch up on some newer ones

Some of my favourites are The Shining, The Long Walk, Joyland (another Hard Case Crime release), 11/22/63, The Dark Tower (especially the second book, The Drawing Of The Three), Duma Key and Different Seasons, which also happened to be the first King I read.

Of his last books I really enjoyed Revival and Gwendy's Button Box.
The Bill Hodges trilogy was alright but not really my cup of tea and I disliked the way he tried to shoehorn detailed descriptions of "modern technology" into it. That was just weird.
I've heard there's a new Morrissey book out...have you read that one? :cool: I think it's called Save Us Morrissey.
:popcorn:

I've heard there's a new Morrissey book out...have you read that one? :cool: I think it's called Save Us Morrissey.
Actually, this has probably been well discussed on here, but have you read ‘List of the lost’? I’ve got it, & did start it, but I’ll be honest, I stopped, it was just so bad. I keep meaning to try again, but there always seems to be something better to do...

Actually, this has probably been well discussed on here, but have you read ‘List of the lost’? I’ve got it, & did start it, but I’ll be honest, I stopped, it was just so bad. I keep meaning to try again, but there always seems to be something better to do...
No I've not SR. I've heard it's not 'great'.
I have that, & quite a few other Smiths/Morrissey books to read (in digital format) but haven't got around to reading LOTL.

No I've not SR. I've heard it's not 'great'.
I have that, & quite a few other Smiths/Morrissey books to read (in digital format) but haven't got around to reading LOTL.
I may have another crack at it one day. His autobiography was unreadable in some places as well I thought, but did get better & kept the attention because it was his life.

He’s a great songwriter, but he’s no author.

No. Have you? :straightface:

No problemo Mozmar. I don’t mind, it’s still within the spirit of the thread...which I didn’t start by the way😂!
Tbh I've only just noticed that. If you hadn't mentioned it I would have known as I don't see 'anon' posts...& because of that your post appeared at the top. Bit confusing, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom