Stephen Duffy mentions Morrissey & Robbie Williams in interview

Morrissey content in interview with Stephen Duffy from the latest Classic Pop magazine…..quite funny if not quite believable in so many ways!!

Q: And then you worked with Robbie Williams (on 2005’s Intensive Care album):

A: Luckily, we were both on the same medication and both incredibly depressed. He was listening to a lot of Smiths –he was a massive Morrissey fan. We were going to do the Brits one year, Robbie and Morrissey, a duet of Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better. We ended up doing Angels with Joss Stone. That sums it up: one minute you’re going to be doing something extraordinary, the next you’re doing the worst terrible thing.

Well, we do know that Robbie Williams asked Morrissey to do a duet with him around this time, and there were positive noises, though it ultimately didn't happen (obviously) - I seem to remember hearing it was going to be 'Let Me Kiss You'?

Well, we do know that Robbie Williams asked Morrissey to do a duet with him around this time, and there were positive noises, though it ultimately didn't happen (obviously) - I seem to remember hearing it was going to be 'Let Me Kiss You'?

Thank God.

Robbie is of course a much more fascinating man than Morrissey ever will be and also has real sense of humour. Robbie lived his life and lyrics whereas Moz chose to be a poser. The closest thing to reality Morrissey ever came was when he sent a wreath to the funeral of one of the Kray twins.

Not that he dared to show up in person.

Robbie is of course a much more fascinating man than Morrissey ever will be and also has real sense of humour. Robbie lived his life and lyrics whereas Moz chose to be a poser. The closest thing to reality Morrissey ever came was when he sent a wreath to the funeral of one of the Kray twins.

Not that he dared to show up in person.

Yes, just like you daring to show up here as a member, even providing an emailadress shits the hell out of you.
You're such a hero.
You must be a total ignorant as to compare Moz with "Robbie", and stating he, " Robbie" is a much more fascinating man.
And to say he has a real sense of humour. :ha-no:

Yes, just like you daring to show up here as a member, even providing an emailadress shits the hell out of you.
You're such a hero.
You must be a total ignorant as to compare Moz with "Robbie", and stating he, " Robbie" is a much more fascinating man.
And to say he has a real sense of humour. :ha-no:
Williams > Morrissey

At the time there were rumours it would be 'I like you' as it wasn't long after the Quarry album.
I'm glad Moz didn't do it.

Robbie Williams and the word talented just don't go together

Robbie Williams and the word talented just don't go together

Williams is a singer, a lyricist and a musical composer which is more than can be said for Morrissey. But I can't flipping stand the man, not due to lack of talent. Just due to being an absolute branleur, as the French would say...

I admit listening to Robbie was a hidden joy for me . I secretly wished to hear someone create a mix of Rock DJ and Panic (Hang the DJ).

Williams is a singer, a lyricist and a musical composer which is more than can be said for Morrissey. But I can't flipping stand the man, not due to lack of talent. Just due to being an absolute branleur, as the French would say...

Cheeky. First time I think I've seen such a non-English term on these pages. But welcome, nonetheless.

Yup. The lack of collaboration with other artists is another marked note. Stevie's ill-grown ego is too f***ing big to accommodate others. He only fancies himself. Shame he's got nothing recent to prop it up with.

WilliamsComeTogether.jpg

VS

27278_54498434.jpg

Thank f***ing christ they didn't sing together. That would've been the end for me. Williams is a grade A f***wit.

Thank f***ing christ they didn't sing together. That would've been the end for me. Williams is a grade A f***wit.

Funny and spot on.
Agreed!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom