Stavanger, Norway - Konserthus (Aug. 8, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by an anonymous person, NealCassidy.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

38925_stavanger.jpg

Last edited:
I take it, that since there is no mention whatsoever in the thread, the show was far from being sold out.
again.
nobody is body shaming Moz we are just surprised you can gain so much weight on a vegan diet. Elvis was slimmer and he dined on banana and peanut butter fried sandwiches.

Well two shows into the new leg and the frost has yet to be scraped off the deep frozen set list.
Manchester is a rarity in having never suffered WPINOYB tracks in concert so no doubt we will be getting the full canon in all it`s averages. Oboe Concerto clings on, aka the grab a beer and a cigarette song.
This is, give or take, the same uninspired routine from the first night in Lisbon. My guess for the next DVD title will be...
Morrissey Fear Of Change Live, let`s hope it shifts more units than the woeful Morrissey 25 did.

I respect his decision to play little to no Smiths songs and keep it more of his new(er) stuff. I will be very happy to see a setlist like this at the Louisville show. My only concern will be how will the Riot Fest crowd take a setlist like this.... Any chance he would change things up for a bigger festival crowd in the middle of a tour?

Jesse Tobias struggled with tecnical problems during Istanbul, so what we got was kind of the stripped version of that song. I never liked Istanbul that much, neither on record or live, so it was not a highlight.

Oboe has a good function in the set as it slowed everything down a bit ather What She Said.

What made an impression on me was how different the set was from Bergen, although only one song-change in the setlist. Moz seemed more relaxed and happy. It was definitly not one of those night where you think that he is just going through the motions.

I was a bit disappointed with the Stavanger crowd. Very little chanting, very few hands in the air. No pushing and no pressure on the front rows. Have seen him in England a couple of times, and the atmosphere there has been so much more intense.

Ganglord was superb both in Bergen and Stavanger, with the video of policeviolence running in the back.

Also liked that he name-dropped the actors in the norwegian movie "Fritt Vilt" (Cold Prey in English)
Should have given him a dvd of the norwegian movie "Oslo, 31 august" by Joachim Trier, as I suspect he would have liked even better.

As the outside of Stavanger is packed with dairy farms, I found the the video of Meat Is Murder, very fitting!

I think you all have invented new things to complain about. I am enjoying the concert video immensely and Thank you people at concert for posting. Shirts are gorgeous!

Yes! Thank you for sharing videos. He looks wonderful!!

Well two shows into the new leg and the frost has yet to be scraped off the deep frozen set list.
Manchester is a rarity in having never suffered WPINOYB tracks in concert so no doubt we will be getting the full canon in all it`s averages. Oboe Concerto clings on, aka the grab a beer and a cigarette song.
This is, give or take, the same uninspired routine from the first night in Lisbon. My guess for the next DVD title will be...
Morrissey Fear Of Change Live, let`s hope it shifts more units than the woeful Morrissey 25 did.

I'm sure that you are making some sort of point here, but after reading your garbled ramblings three times, I'm no clearer as to what it is...I think you are expressing concern about how many copies of an old DVD Morrissey sold? Are you his accountant?

I take it, that since there is no mention whatsoever in the thread, the show was far from being sold out.
again.
nobody is body shaming Moz we are just surprised you can gain so much weight on a vegan diet. Elvis was slimmer and he dined on banana and peanut butter fried sandwiches.
Which of course is also vegan... And no, Elvis was bigger. And not only because of his diet, but also from his medication.

again.

He hasn't gained "so much weight". He still looks good, his hair style and color looks gorgeous, loved the side burns when he had them.

sorry people but Moz has a much bigger pupic than Elvis. i dont think Moz eats fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches, but veggies or maybe big boxes of vegan chocolate from south america is the only think i can think of.

I have a feeling those sandwiches were fried in a staple of southern cooking....lard

"As you know, we've been trying to get to Bergen for 15 years...but...there's always been a fly in the ointment. Thank you for giving me a sold-out night!"

Before WPISNOYB in Stavanger he asked about if we're excited for the american election. "It's shit isn't it?...Isn't it?" Somebody shouted "Morrissey for president" which he smirked of.

Then before the bullfighter dies he was interrupted as this was shouted again, and Morrissey replied "Me? Nobody would vote for me. I'm too scruffy". Then he said "I was gonna say something really interesting. It's not bullfighting, it's bull baiting. But for reasons of showbiz, they call it bullfighting. If the bull kills the matador, they kill the bull, but they also find the mother and kills her". Somebody in the crowd laughed. "Yeah, it's funny. But if it was the other way around...". Somebody in the crowd said: That would be funny. Somebody else said "It's barbaric". Morrissey said "Well, that's putting it mildly. It's the shame of Spain. And Portugal. And Mexico".

Before Scandinavia he said "I'd like to dedicate this song to the characters of my favorite norwegian movie... Ingunn, Jannicke, Eirik, Morten Tobias and Mikael... Do you know?"

There was more, but I don't remember right now.

The setlist for both Bergen and Stavanger should be changed a bit. Because it was two encores both night. They played LMKY with shirt toss, then he came back with a blazer but no shirt and played Irish Blood, English Heart. So the // indicating encore, should be moved back one song.

Was there any stage banter? I've heard nothing from either show.

He started the show in Stavanger by asking the crowd how they were doing. The cheers that followed were obviously not loud enough for Moz, as he sarcastically commented "That good, eh?" After Suedehead he again commented on the crowd response:"So it's going to be one of those nights..." At that point I genuinely feared that he would throw the toys out of the pram regularly throughout the evening, but thankfully he managed to give a reasonably professional performance, and even did a 2-song encore. We've all been at shows where he has not been able to hide his disgust at the insufficiency of the adulation coming his way. Maybe he was in a forgiving mood simply because he likes Norway.

There wasn't much banter, but he did hold a mini-speech about the evils of bullfighting. He also dedicated Scandinavia to the actors in his favourite norwegian movie, as others have mentioned in this thread.

The setlist could have been better, "All you need is me"is simply his worst song ever. Having said that,this is the first time I've seen him doing more than 20 songs. The highlight of the evening for me was definitely the What she said/Rubber ring medley.

Thanks, this is fixed now.

The setlist for both Bergen and Stavanger should be changed a bit. Because it was two encores both night. They played LMKY with shirt toss, then he came back with a blazer but no shirt and played Irish Blood, English Heart. So the // indicating encore, should be moved back one song.

I think the show was great, and Morrissey sounded great too. The crowd was a typical Norwegian "monday" mood, a saturday crowd is natuarly more enganging because of the beer :) alltough we all love the Smiths its good that the artist believes inn his newest material.

And demanding a sold out audience at a monday show in Stavanger is pointless. Funny when we arrived at sunday the majority of restaurant etc had closed on sundays...

I think the show was great, and Morrissey sounded great too. The crowd was a typical Norwegian "monday" mood, a saturday crowd is natuarly more enganging because of the beer :) alltough we all love the Smiths its good that the artist believes inn his newest material.

And demanding a sold out audience at a monday show in Stavanger is pointless. Funny when we arrived at sunday the majority of restaurant etc had closed on sundays...

Finally, the truth: NOT sold out.
everyone was beating around the bush, it being a monday, norwegians dont like to clap, the venue was not tiny enough, but at last we know: not sold out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom