Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 2013

Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

No, nice and nasty are human inventions.

And on the vegan bit...

“No matter how many times they want to say, ‘We’re vegans, we’re vegetarians,’ that’s not the issue in this case,” said prosecutor Chuck Boring. “The child died because he was not fed. Period.”

Sorry to nitpick :blushing:

I don't know how the tiger might elucidate it in a concept he might understand, but being a native speaker of English I think "nasty" covers being killed by an enormous carnivore quite nicely.

Secondly, on the subject of the vegan killers, I take that as meaning their defence of being vegan was considered a diversion. They starved the baby by giving the child an insufficient vegan diet. Vegan diets and newborns don't mix, and the claim made earlier on this thread that humans are herbivores is nonsense. We are omnivores.

Last edited:
Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

I was at the Fall gig on Wednesday where your new avatar photo is from. so there

It was the cardiff gig wasn't it? I didn't take the pic, I couldn't go but I went to the York and Clitheroe gigs!

when someone condones the utterly vile their contribution to the literary world somehow loses relevance.
if it were simply a point of personal preference writing him off as an idiot would be hasty, as it is....the cap, very definitley and squarely, fits.

I bet your local community college offers a course in critical thinking. And while you're at it, you might want to enroll in a in remedial English class as well.

Their articles are very unbalanced. The Guardian wouldn't post anything on the Morrissey piece about Margaret Thatcher 'Surely how I feel is not nothing' which criticised the Guardian along with other media outlets. The Guardian also keep deleting comments I make referring to the NME libel and the fact that a number of their journalists are now at the Guardian namely Alexis and Tim Jonze. My point was that there seems to be extreme bias against Morrissey for this reason. Keeps getting deleted says it all really. I really like the books section of the guardian website but I may have to reconsider if they are going to censure readers who point out why they put certain slants on things.

FYI that anonymous wasn't me. More than one person in the world finds you hilarious. :p

Never said I thought you posted that. You are not the ONLY person with cellulite around here. And besides, the post was a play on words--something you are incapable of producing.

Morrissey is right ! I hope the numerous emails/tweets will vex them

Never said I thought you posted that. You are not the ONLY person with cellulite around here. And besides, the post was a play on words--something you are incapable of producing.

You clearly were talking to her but let's pretend you weren't. You think that when intellectuals, such as you style yourself, call people "fat" when their pretensions are pointed out? I guess they do if they are just some dumb bint from Ohio.

You clearly were talking to her but let's pretend you weren't. You think that when intellectuals, such as you style yourself, call people "fat" when their pretensions are pointed out? I guess they do if they are just some dumb bint from Ohio.

What??? No comprende.

look, I hate McDs as much as the next person, but in the 3 weeks I have been here in China
it was the only place I could walk into, point at something on the menu(a #7 I think it was?)
and get my chicken sandwich, fries and coke :straightface:
it was a very reassuring experience, and I was thankful to be able to do it :o

ps: the fries were really what made it, and its the only place in China with free refills on soda :thumb:

Doing you the world of good too by the look of you....

<<< used to like veal. Now they feed the calves a mix of milk and blood.

Last edited:

As always, your posts stand out like a shiny penny on the ground. :)

I think you are onto something here. He wants to be LOVED and respected by his chef peers--not just foodie bloggers and TV gazers. By supporting foie gras production, he comes off as supporting chefs' rights/interests. And he so badly wants to fit into that world, be a member in that club. As you know, he was a struggling chef for 25 years in NYC, working at a mediocre bistro, suffering through heroin addiction, until he got his big break with the publication of Kitchen Confidential. His career in the TV world took off from there. And he finally got the attention that he desired. Now he is beloved by many, including the top chefs in the world. But he has seemingly taken on some honorary spokesperson role for the chef causes out there, whether it be foie gras production, eating local, or supporting small farms, etc.

I do wonder at the end of the day, does he really believe a bite of duck liver--the pleasure derived from it--trumps the pain and suffering these ducks must endure to produce it? It is hard to really believe such an educated person can, I agree.

This is why I believe the wearing of fur is abominable. Vanity and greed are not sound reasons to justify the suffering of animals raised and killed in the fur industry. Leather, as a byproduct of food production, is different from this, imo.

I agree that Morrissey SHOULD be vegan. That he is NOT, is a contradiction that is very hard to accept. It weakens his argument and puts a crack in the foundation of his position. If you are gonna do something right, go the extra mile. Go 100 %. The milk/cheese industry is at least as barbaric and cruel as the meat industry. He seems to conveniently gloss over this fact. Much in the same way that Bourdain glosses over the cruelty of foie gras production. They both want to conveniently rationalize their choices.

Morrissey obviously feels that the pleasure he derives from eating yogurt and cheese trumps the pain of dairy cows who suffer from non-stop pregnancies, infected, painfully swollen pus filled udders, and years of confinement while being hooked up to milking machines so that their milk can be sold to humans rather than be given to their offspring, who are taken from them after birth to be raised for veal--if male--or to become dairy cows like themselves, if female (longest sentence I have written on Solo, btw).

Is this why you posted on the meat thread?

Is this why you posted on the meat thread?

Check the dates, Sugarbuns!

I STARTED the meat thread April 16th. The post in this thread that you are asking about, was posted in May. So maybe the Meat Thread is why I posted here. Probably not, though.

No YOU check the dates. Probably is probably isn't, is that what you're saying? I just read the thread where you were drooling over burgers or something disgusting like that...
Surely you can't be serious about having one view on the treatment of cows and then another on the eating and drooling over doing that? :confused:
Sugarbuns...

As always, your posts stand out like a shiny penny on the ground. :)

As do yours! :sweet:

I think you are onto something here. He wants to be LOVED and respected by his chef peers--not just foodie bloggers and TV gazers. By supporting foie gras production, he comes off as supporting chefs' rights/interests. And he so badly wants to fit into that world, be a member in that club. As you know, he was a struggling chef for 25 years in NYC, working at a mediocre bistro, suffering through heroin addiction, until he got his big break with the publication of Kitchen Confidential. His career in the TV world took off from there. And he finally got the attention that he desired. Now he is beloved by many, including the top chefs in the world. But he has seemingly taken on some honorary spokesperson role for the chef causes out there, whether it be foie gras production, eating local, or supporting small farms, etc.

It's important to write what we know. You know, to draw from a familiar place and system of feelings.

I do wonder at the end of the day, does he really believe a bite of duck liver--the pleasure derived from it--trumps the pain and suffering these ducks must endure to produce it? It is hard to really believe such an educated person can, I agree.

It's also important to introduce an element of fiction in our writing.

This is why I believe the wearing of fur is abominable. Vanity and greed are not sound reasons to justify the suffering of animals raised and killed in the fur industry. Leather, as a byproduct of food production, is different from this, imo.

Is that a fact? Well, that sounds very rational. You clearly are a compassionate person.

I agree that Morrissey SHOULD be vegan. That he is NOT, is a contradiction that is very hard to accept. It weakens his argument and puts a crack in the foundation of his position. If you are gonna do something right, go the extra mile. Go 100 %. The milk/cheese industry is at least as barbaric and cruel as the meat industry. He seems to conveniently gloss over this fact. Much in the same way that Bourdain glosses over the cruelty of foie gras production. They both want to conveniently rationalize their choices.

Like those pesky people who make marriages work and talk about it. And the ones who can't make them work because they are selfish.

Morrissey obviously feels that the pleasure he derives from eating yogurt and cheese trumps the pain of dairy cows who suffer from non-stop pregnancies, infected, painfully swollen pus filled udders, and years of confinement while being hooked up to milking machines so that their milk can be sold to humans rather than be given to their offspring, who are taken from them after birth to be raised for veal--if male--or to become dairy cows like themselves, if female (longest sentence I have written on Solo, btw).

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Morrissey is the problem here. So you're AWARE that this is the predicament of a cow and yet...

I love animal flesh. I love it so much I eat it raw. Beef carpaccio makes my heart sing.

beef.jpg

I love seafood even more. Scallops, lobster, shrimp, fish... almost anything from the ocean is worthy of being considered as food.

If you don't like meat that is your PROBLEM. Please don't make it mine.

Pardon my confusion. :squiffy:

Love it! :thumb:

No YOU check the dates. Probably is probably isn't, is that what you're saying? I just read the thread where you were drooling over burgers or something disgusting like that...
Surely you can't be serious about having one view on the treatment of cows and then another on the eating and drooling over doing that? :confused:
Sugarbuns...

I'm an unapologetic meat consumer. I believe in humane slaughter.

Why do you even look at the Meat Thread? Forbidden fruit? Like the fundamentalist Christian having a good wank to Playboy mag?

Why do you even look at the Meat Thread? Forbidden fruit? Like the fundamentalist Christian having a good wank to Playboy mag?

How do you insure the meat you're eating is humanely slaughtered? Do you just believe it is becuase the moneymakers tell you it is? THat's treading on the Godthinking, isn't it?

Oh for gawd sakes stop it and stop it now. You're going beyond reason now. Calm down dear, you're reluctant to I know, but go take a chill pill please:cool:

As do yours! :sweet:

It's important to write what we know. You know, to draw from a familiar place and system of feelings.

It's also important to introduce an element of fiction in our writing.

Is that a fact? Well, that sounds very rational. You clearly are a compassionate person.

Like those pesky people who make marriages work and talk about it. And the ones who can't make them work because they are selfish.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Morrissey is the problem here. So you're AWARE that this is the predicament of a cow and yet...

Pardon my confusion. :squiffy:

I consider this post to be harassment, stalking, and trolling.

You were warned last week by Kewpie to stop trolling us outside of the Pigsty or you would receive a timeout.

This post is a violation. I expect a timeout to follow.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom