Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 2013

Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

Warning: Upsetting scenes

We know. If I could click my fingers and make it stop I would, if another path was available.

Please post an alternative which takes note of the absolute necessity of scientific medical research. We are all touched by these advances, or most likely will be, regardless of our beliefs. Do we Jehovah's Witness-like refuse medical help, but on the basis of how those advances were discovered or do we, like a certain singer, go into hospital and take advantage of it?

I'm not in any way having a go at Morrissey in that regard, but he serves as a great example not of hypocricy, but of the simple truth of the way the world currently works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

I think I'd rather take my chances health wise than live knowing I'm here because those fellas have been tortured on my behalf

Excuse my French, but F*** that

Thanks for your reply. Could you post an alternative?

Since I've been saying for several posts that there isn't one at the moment, no. That's why I asked you.

I think I'd rather take my chances health wise than live knowing I'm here because those fellas have been tortured on my behalf

Excuse my French, but F*** that

Easy to say when you're hale and hearty. Less so when you aren't.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BTW - In answer to points raised on the last couple of pages...

Vegan isn't good for everyone.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18574603/...sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.UaAWssu9KSN

Not all animals are nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-22664613

Last edited:

Since I've been saying for several posts that there isn't one at the moment, no. That's why I asked you.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18574603/...sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.UaAWssu9KSN

How do you know I'm hale and hearty?

You should buff the cellulite off your butt.

FYI that anonymous wasn't me. More than one person in the world finds you hilarious. :p

For the record, CG did not post that comment

The meat industry

Last edited by a moderator:

No, nice and nasty are human inventions.

And on the vegan bit...

“No matter how many times they want to say, ‘We’re vegans, we’re vegetarians,’ that’s not the issue in this case,” said prosecutor Chuck Boring. “The child died because he was not fed. Period.”

Sorry to nitpick :blushing:

I never understand why people start with the premise that Morrissey is a "moral, ethical" person in the first place. The jerk never even paid people what he owed them. By all accounts he treats people like shit as a general rule. Who gives a f*** what Morrissey's eating preferences are? The man posted to True To You that he admires people who send mail bombs to the family homes of scientists working on treatments for AIDS and cancer. That puts him right next to folks who are for bombing abortion clinics. The funniest thing of all is that as self-righteous as Morrissey is, he ain't even a vegan. Anthony Bourdain is a perfectly decent man and it could only be a cult of morons that would try and demonize him as "evil".

Last edited:

I never understand why people start with the premise that Morrissey is a "moral, ethical" person in the first place. The jerk never even paid people what he owed them. by all account he treats people like shit as a general rule. Who gives a f*** what Morrissey's eating preferences are. The man posted to True To You that he admires people who send mail bombs to the family homes of scientists working on treatments ofr AIDS and cancer. That puts him right next to folks who are for bombing abortion clinics. The funniest thing of all is that as self-righteous as Morrissey is, he ain't even a vegan. Anthony Bourdain is a perfectly decent man and it could only be a cult of morons that would try and demonize him as "evil".

Almost three and a half thousand posts on a forum dedicated to a man that you think this about. You couldn't make it up!

Why not instead of use animals for research use convicted criminals, the animals haven't done anything wrong whilst the guilty party are forced to be experimented on as part of their punishment, its a no brainer. I'd rather we put acid in a nonces eyes than a poor defenceless Beagle or rabbit.

Why not instead of use animals for research use convicted criminals, the animals haven't done anything wrong whilst the guilty party are forced to be experimented on as part of their punishment, its a no brainer. I'd rather we put acid in a nonces eyes than a poor defenceless Beagle or rabbit.

Wouldn't work on Sutcliffe though!

Almost three and a half thousand posts on a forum dedicated to a man that you think this about. You couldn't make it up!

To be fair to Theo, around 3000 of those posts are about the Obama Administration.

Back in the day the forum was more primitive, sorta like a chat room, with posts scrolling away in about an hour or two.

And, furthermore, you can pretty much mark the point where I'd stopped liking Morrissey as a human being as when he posted his support for sending mail bombs to scientists. Said so at the time and haven't changed my mind and never will. Only a morally disgusting man from some sub-species could support that kind of shit.

Last edited:

I don't get the notion some people have that talented artists must also be fabulous human beings. That's most definitely not the case!

Whilst I agree with Moz 100% about how barbaric and disgusting fois gras is, "Kate Muddleton" must be one of the lamest put-downs he's ever thought of.

I was at the Fall gig on Wednesday where your new avatar photo is from. so there

I don't get the notion some people have that talented artists must also be fabulous human beings. That's most definitely not the case!

To be honest, there are records that I've liked and an artist has done something and now I don't even listen to their records let alone go on their forums. Not the same but when I've had the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack on, I can't sit through Jonathan King's song.

I don't think Morrissey has changed that much over the years, just some of our perceptions of him. He's always overblown everything to make maximum impact or get maximum coverage. I just take it with a pinch of salt.

It is only illegal to produce it. It is legal to buy and sell it. So essentially it is legal.

I wasn't saying it is OK. I was explaining how Bourdain feels about it and why he thinks it is OK. The video shows him at Hudson Valley, small company in New York. He IS opposed to large factory farms that produce foie gras.

To write him off as an idiot simply because he supports one thing you oppose seams silly. Are you aware of his positive contributions to the foodie, entertainment, and literary worlds?

Bourdain's problem with McDonald's is mainly about its corporate practices i.e. globalization, marketing tactics--especially to children--and slave wages... as well as the way it sources its meat.

when someone condones the utterly vile their contribution to the literary world somehow loses relevance.
if it were simply a point of personal preference writing him off as an idiot would be hasty, as it is....the cap, very definitley and squarely, fits.

To be honest, there are records that I've liked and an artist has done something and now I don't even listen to their records let alone go on their forums. Not the same but when I've had the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack on, I can't sit through Jonathan King's song.

I don't think Morrissey has changed that much over the years, just some of our perceptions of him. He's always overblown everything to make maximum impact or get maximum coverage. I just take it with a pinch of salt.

Phil Spector and Gary Glitter's songs are still great. And EastEnders's viewing figures didn't decline when it was revealed that their lead actor (Leslie Grantham) was a convicted murderer. Get over yourself.

Re Morrissey - a few people on here deliberately choose not to get the concept of hyperbole because to acknowledge it would immediately diminish the credibility of their attacks on him for exaggerating, lying, mischaracterising, etc etc. The idiots who persistently criticise and attack (and we all know who you are) act like only THEY are the ones with "real" insight and "real" integrity. And it's all pompous, narcissistic, sanctimonious twaddle.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom