Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 2013

Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

And to think some people willing do this to themselves, at home, sitting on the couch, in front of the TV...

I'd be more than happy to write to this company. There surely must be a petition around somewhere!

Nicola MacDonald runs a great web site at:

http://foiegras.org.uk/

There is an e-petition there one can sign, plus valuable information concerning foie gras practices.

Nicola (and access to e-petition) is also on Tweety: @nicolamacdona38

And on FacethepooBook: Ban the importation of foie gras into Britain

Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

Wrong again. Do you actually know about differing carbon chain lengths, fat sources, triglycerides etc? I do. I ran a lab testing them. There's a huge problem in Tonga and Fiji because their main source of fat in cooking is coconut oil, which has a high level of saturated C12 to C18 triglycerides. The Tongan royals are spearheading a campaign to cut down its consumption. And while we're at it, what peer-reviewed papers have you read that show your position of "There has never been any credible evidence to support the claim that saturated fat clogs arteries" is true? Do you actually know what you're talking about?

P.

19598.jpg

Charles is a man that can make a difference. He alone in the UK royalty makes sense on his concern for the environment. In fact he is the only royal who has ever uttered anything useful from his mouth. He took his first step against animal cruelty. Let's hope he cleans up his act further and then has a long life as king.

I wish Morrissey would give a TTY update on his health condition so we could know if we should attempt to attend one of his upcoming concert dates.

Nicola MacDonald runs a great web site at:

http://foiegras.org.uk/

There is an e-petition there one can sign, plus valuable information concerning foie gras practices.

Nicola (and access to e-petition) is also on Tweety: @nicolamacdona38

And on FacethepooBook: Ban the importation of foie gras into Britain

Thank you for the links!

two beautiful boys whom he probably looked after and cared for as if they were his own QUOTE]

"Climb up on my knee, sonny boy
Although you're only three, sonny boy
You're - you're mine
And your mother she just never knew"

Enraging. What an absolute moron this man is.

As far as Bourdain goes, you can add arrogant, pompous, smug and self-absorbed as well.

I wish Morrissey would give a TTY update on his health condition so we could know if we should attempt to attend one of his upcoming concert dates.

T T Y Statement

There is nothing wrong with "my health " ! I am as fit as a butcher's dog ! The issues are as follows

Mothers health

Bands health

Boz's health

Base players broken spine (Quickly fixed that one though)

Writers block ! Hhhhmmmm !

I'm not the man you think I am . . . . . . . .am I ?

Oh P S. . . ! William n Kate ? Yes blame them its all their fault.

Is that you Dennis

Mrs T

While I don't agree with foie gras, because it is incredibly cruel...it isn't any of Morrissey's f***ing business what any woman decides to eat during her pregnancy. Saturated fat is nourishing for the baby and his/her development, especially the brain and nervous system.

Since he doesn't have a clue about health and nutrition in ANY aspect, he ought to shut up. But of course, he won't, because he isn't getting any attention otherwise.

Anyone who would raise their baby as a vegetarian should be jailed. It goes completely against what the body needs, especially as a baby. Breast milk is mostly saturated fat and it gives a little one everything they could possibly need nutrient wise.

I know many of you will shit your pants reading that, but it's the truth. Tell the Masai otherwise, and every other tribe on the planet who eat meat, fat and dairy and are exceptionally healthy with no degenerative diseases known in the first world.

Morrissey is such an arse; why does he feel the need to release a statement such as this? How about a statement of condolence to family of the slaughtered soldier? Or, a profoundly worded denunciation of the violence done by those two Muslim monsters?

No--he cannot do this. He never would., yet all of the BRS rat lovers will fawn at his feet again.

How insane that there are actually people in the world who are so desperate to consume liver that they will get it off the black market. Crazy. I don't think I can live in the same world as these people.

It may be banned in CA, but apparently some clueless, stupid chefs and restaurant owners are milking the law by offering it "free" with 3-5-7 course expensive meals. In other words, if you spend enough money, you get foie gras as a "gift." Absolutely repulsive. Article link:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=9092775

Foie gras may have cultural importance in France (with Egyptian roots), but it is just plain cruel and evil. When we now know, through scientific studies, so much more about how animals feel, what they feel, and how they think, how can we justify this treatment? Nature is interconnected, break connections and we see catastrophes and extinctions. Minute, local, large, global - catastrophes and extinctions. These interconnections demand that we no longer turn our fat faces away from animal cruelty. Human evolvement in understanding nature (by now) screams that we are not the only "important" creatures who suffer . Certainly, then, this knowledge trumps a culturally significant, yet evil act? It must, if we are to continue plodding upon this earth, amongst each other. Otherwise, there is no line.

Also, please don't be fooled by "humane production of foie gras," because, as we all know, anything done for profit, at large scale, and where one has control over another deemed "lesser," will never be humane or right.

What's wrong with degrading pregnancy and motherhood? Sure, it insults YOU because you chose to have a baby. Some people look down on procreators because they seem ignorant to the 7-billion+ human overpopulated and polluted world they are bringing more human lives in to live under a corrupt system. Plus, they are conformist and/or stupid. It's not an insult to unborn children at all. Those unborn child are their own people or as some may say, they are not even people yet, some may say they don't even have souls yet.

Sexist and misogynistic...this man seems to despise motherhood and the physical effects it has on a woman. "smiling mother-to-be"..."Kate will wobble in"...etc. I love Morrissey and completely agree with his sentiment around foie gras but as a relatively new mother myself I really despise his cheap sarcasm and nastiness around this unborn child. Yes Morrissey, we know you hate the royals. Yes, we know you support animal rights. This doesn't give you the right to degrade pregnancy and motherhood.

What's wrong with degrading pregnancy and motherhood? Sure, it insults YOU because you chose to have a baby. Some people look down on procreators because they seem ignorant to the 7-billion+ human overpopulated and polluted world they are bringing more human lives in to live under a corrupt system. Plus, they are conformist and/or stupid. It's not an insult to unborn children at all. Those unborn child are their own people or as some may say, they are not even people yet, some may say they don't even have souls yet.

FFS he wasn't degrading pregnancy and motherhood. He was targeting Kate. Have you searched the word Morrissey on twitter lately? People have typecast him as the miserable, sad, depressed, crazy, hopeless guy. So he takes a stab at a target himself, the f***ing useless princess. Is she a good samaritan who kisses babies and waves her hands and makes people smile and goes to functions? Sure, fine, whatever. But she's stepped into making herself a target, fair game for someone whose been a f***ing target over half his life. She's royalty, she and her unborn baby can take it. They have their riches and luxury to comfort them in the evening hours from the attacks during the day. Morrissey's stab was like a pillow fight in a marshmallow factory, not exactly tear inducing, NOR was it an attack on motherhood, fat people, people with leg deformities who waddle or ANYTHING, it was simply a call to be aware of goose stuffing and the person who set up the joke was Kate. Everyone needs to calm the f*** down.

Also can I add that the second Kate decided that putting Williams dick in her vag was a good idea is the second she accepted the terms of becoming a target. I think the thing Morrissey laments about the royalty is that as people they haven't been given an opportunity to show that they are inherently good or upstanding, they are groomed to be good and upstanding. So while Morrissey weaves a tale of real love, heartbreak, hope and tragedy in his poetry, a nation puts a phony royalty on a pedastal because it's easy to buy the concept of the fairy tale instead of living the fairy tale, which his songs do. William and Kate are prepackaged fairy tale, like convenient french fries from McDonalds in China. AND in case anyone noticed his take wasn;t as vitriolic as one might suspect if they read between the lines a bit. Geese waddle. He's asking her to save herself from herself by making her the goose that she devours. It's quite deep after a brisk walk and a beer.

Last edited:

look, I hate McDs as much as the next person, but in the 3 weeks I have been here in China
it was the only place I could walk into, point at something on the menu(a #7 I think it was?)
and get my chicken sandwich, fries and coke :straightface:
it was a very reassuring experience, and I was thankful to be able to do it :o

ps: the fries were really what made it, and its the only place in China with free refills on soda :thumb:

This video tries to make it seem ok and it still comes off as utterly barbaric!!

Anthony Bourdain is a disgusting creature!

What's really notable about this video, other than Bourdain's smug, condescending attitude, is the number of strawmen he takes up. He keeps referring to opponents of foie gras as "vegans" who want to ban it as (gasp) "the first step to banning all meat." And yet somehow I doubt the majority of legislature or regulators in the UK who banned its production are vegans nor do I imagine one has to be a vegan to find force feeding ducks because Anthony Bourdain likes the taste are either.

The way in which he conflates ethical arguments with "BUT I LIKE THE TASTE" and not so subtle and numerous references to its elite or gourmet nature (reminding us that Bourdain eats things that aren't for us common folk and how do we stand in his way) is also annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you searched the word Morrissey on twitter lately? People have typecast him as the miserable, sad, depressed, crazy, hopeless guy.

He's always been characterised as miserable, sad and depressed. Only relatively recently through his own bizarrely misinformed statements and lack of musical output has he also been more widely considered to be crazy and hopeless.

Morrissey is such an arse; why does he feel the need to release a statement such as this? How about a statement of condolence to family of the slaughtered soldier? Or, a profoundly worded denunciation of the violence done by those two Muslim monsters?

No--he cannot do this. He never would., yet all of the BRS rat lovers will fawn at his feet again.

Because anything which attacks the British state is a good thing in his eyes. The British state has been responsible for some deeply unpleasant things down the centuries, as have most nations if you look into their histories, but putting aside all those things, we have just recently committed the ultimate sin in his eyes. We no longer take him seriously, and that is unforgivable.

Because anything which attacks the British state is a good thing in his eyes. The British state has been responsible for some deeply unpleasant things down the centuries, as have most nations if you look into their histories, but putting aside all those things, we have just recently committed the ultimate sin in his eyes. We no longer take him seriously, and that is unforgivable.

Do you honestly think that Morrissey thought those two lunatics hacking somebody to death was a good thing? Really?

Morrissey released a statement to ask people to do something about something he feels passionately about. Should he do this or should he take his brain out and do whatever everyone else wants him to?

This message doesn't mean I'm fawning at his feet, just that I believe freedom of speech to be a good thing.

Do you honestly think that Morrissey thought those two lunatics hacking somebody to death was a good thing? Really?

Morrissey released a statement to ask people to do something about something he feels passionately about. Should he do this or should he take his brain out and do whatever everyone else wants him to?

This message doesn't mean I'm fawning at his feet, just that I believe freedom of speech to be a good thing.

It does seem to me, like a number of his other comments regarding animal cruelty (eg elephants in the Philippines, seals in Canada) that this comes at the behest of Peta. I'm sure he does feel passionately about it but this message hasn't occurred in a vacuum.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom