Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by MORRIZSEY, May 23, 2013.

By MORRIZSEY on May 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  1. MORRIZSEY

MORRIZSEY Wrong species

It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - true-to-you.net

Congratulations to Prince Charles for banning foie gras from all his functions.
    However, unsurprisingly, this most savage and cruel commodity continues to be the favorite "dish" of smiling mother-to-be Kate Muddleton (from whom, in fact, we expect no less.)

Foie gras production is illegal in the UK, yet the ever-so-correct Fortnum and Mason have found suppliers in France who will keep their shelves stocked - possibly with the hope that smiling Kate will wobble in and place an order for her unborn child.
    Since Fortnum and Mason are now the only department store in London who are associated with the pitiless atrocity of foie gras, would you please write to them/contact them and exert pressure on them to stop selling such a savage beyond belief "product".

Fortnum and Mason
    181 Piccadilly
    London W1A 1ER, England

Twitter: @FortnumandMason

http://www.fortnumandmason.com

thank you!

Morrissey
    22 May 2013

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Peterb
      Peterb
      Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

Whilst I agree with your Morrissey, arse statement (with the possible addition of 'humongeous') I think it unfair of you to expect him to comment on everything.
      Lets face it, David Attenborough would make public statements on the environment for example as that is his schtick. Morrisseys schtick is animal rights (and being an arse).
    2. grant gauld
      grant gauld
      so kate likes foie gras,lets stick a 3 foot pole down her skinny neck,see how she likes it.
      as for these 2 beasts in london
      Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    3. Kewpie
      Kewpie
      Re:

WARNING:

Please do not post anti-Muslim / racist comments again.

If you do not follow the site TOS, you will lose privilege (ie will be banned).

Thank you very much.
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Statement from Morrissey: It isn't nice and you shouldn't do it - TTY, 22 May 20

Yes... it's a joke..
    5. LazyDyke
      LazyDyke

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.abstract

http://www.drbriffa.com/2010/01/15/...t-saturated-fat-does-not-cause-heart-disease/

http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/2010/01/saturated-fat-is-not-associated-with.html
    6. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth

What concert dates?
    7. Kewpie
      Kewpie

On 30th March 2013 a statement was posted on TTY.

Morrissey would play gigs in Mexico in June 2013, Chile, Peru, Brazil and Argentina in July 2013.

However, these dates haven't been confirmed yet.
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I could care less what Morrissey thinks about this issue. I love foie gras.

It's a shame a few nutjobs can go around getting it banned. How about putting your efforts to something positive? Like young children living in poverty. Ever think about that?

This militant PETA crap is really offputting
    9. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn

To say it once more, I agreed with his statement on fois gras. I found it to be refreshingly to the point and, by the standards of his recent statements, relatively calm and focussed.

Morrissey's views on victims of terrorism are well known. I don't need to cover that ground again. He considers them to be useful to the advancement of his political views. A bit like the perpetrators, in fact.
      Last edited: May 24, 2013
    10. Mozza220559
      Mozza220559

Whilst I agree with Moz 100% about how barbaric and disgusting fois gras is, "Kate Muddleton" must be one of the lamest put-downs he's ever thought of.
    11. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth

Oh right. Those concert dates.
    12. realitybites
      realitybites

His other book Medium Raw, fittingly, came out after the The Nasty Bits. It was all about the aftermath--literally. :lbf:
    13. Rowntree
      Rowntree

He has spoken in defence of Irish terrorists but then again most "Irish" people I know have at some point. I don't remember him ever commending the work of Islamist nutjobs.
    14. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn

I was talking of Breivik.
    15. FER
      FER
      Seriously, worrying about foie gras when there are so many other serious matters that need attending to in this fucked up world??? This guy is carrying on about ducks and geese????

Morrissey went bonkers a LONG time ago, but now its just seems he is really really really bored.
    16. Rowntree
      Rowntree

Ah! His statement on that was certainly off the wall.

On other posts, I don't know why people want somebody else to say what they want them to say. If you've got something to say then say it yourself, don't hanker after someone else to do it for you. Morrissey likes to talk about animal things, it's not my bag but I've got my own gob to spout some other shite that means something to me but probably nobody else.
      Last edited: May 24, 2013
    17. Peterb
      Peterb

You can do both. You don't have to be a nutjob to be against this vile practice.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous

No, please, lets cover that ground again, perpetrator. And, anyone, who stands for something, you included, tends to use whatever jolt may be in the news to get peoples' attention. But, as long as animals are treated this way lawfully, so will be humans. Non-empathic numbness and denial rule our lives. Why? We are capable of so much more - more understanding, better care, better treatment, empathy, respect, and love.

Morrissey's statement:

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
      The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
      If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."
    19. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

[​IMG]
    20. FER
      FER

MLK wasn't even a vegetarian.

So wasnt he technically "look(ing) the other away"

- - - Updated - - -

The really sad thing is that they don't do both.