Statement by Morrissey on TrueToYou, Sept 14th, re. Smiths cds, blog & tour

Statement - true-to-you.net

Morrissey would like to stress that he has absolutely no affiliation with the site called Morrisseysworld, and that the views expressed on Morrisseysworld blog and Twitter page are not Morrissey's views, and do not come from Morrissey. Morrissey has no connection with this site. Please beware.

Morrissey would also like to stress that he has no association with the Warner release called 'The Smiths Complete'. This project has taken place without any consultation to Morrissey, and without any approach to Morrissey from either Warner, Rhino, or Johnny Marr. Therefore, Morrissey has no knowledge of the remixes, and has had no input in the project.

Morrissey would like to thank all of the people who have - so quickly - bought tickets for his November and December US tour, which he looks forward to very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Statement by Morrissey on TrueToYou, Sept 14th, re. Smiths cds, blog & t

Agreed! Detroit show, please. I got tickets for Chicago of course... But a second show in my home town would be icing on the cake!

Does anyone know anything about the Congress Theater in Chicago? I mean is it safe if one were to travel there alone? any nearby parking?

And when will Morrissey come to Iowa City Ia and play the Englert Theater? (http://www.englert.org) It's a renovated theater, beautiful as can be, in the middle of a university town where all the young people could come and see him. His CDs in the iowa city public library are routinely checked out. He'd be a big big hit with the college crowd. I can't understand why he doesn't make at least a minimal effort to play to the college age crowd. And iowa city is right on Interstate 80. An easy stop off if he's ever traveling through from Chicago to points west.

Re: Article: Statement by Morrissey on TrueToYou, Sept 14th, re. Smiths cds, blog & t

Morrissey will appear again with a rose and wear the t shirt of a pop act and then finally the solowers will get the joke and move there, leaving this site with just a bunch of clueless moderators and nothing to moderate. It's genius. He can say what he wants and nobody can prove it's him, and at the same time finally ruin this website, which he's wanted to do for a decade by now.

Good luck with that, untill Morrissey admits it's him it's not gonna happen so it is pointless putting predictions up when someone could have informed him or he may well have read, and yea had a little joke.
you seem so determinded to get people to continue to read it(infact hate people that don't think it's him), i'm quessing your one of the saddos behind it pretending to be someone else XD. why would it make you angry that people don't think it's him???

wouldn't you want to know the truth instead aswell?

What a pitty he did'nt comment on the fisting picture or the fun we had with song titles!!!!

Anyone who thinks that blog is real needs their head examined as they are either gullible or mentally ill.

P.

Here is something all of you who think/know Morrissey is connected to the the pathetic site:

If he put half as much energy into writing some relevant and quality music/lyrics, he would not need to go to such extremes.

I never thought that he would turn into a parody of everything that he criticized and hated.

Johnny has been quoted as saying.

“I’m very happy that the remastered versions of The Smiths albums are finally coming out.

I wanted to get them sounding right and remove any processing so that they now sound as they did

when they were originally made. I’m pleased with the results.”

Does anyone know anything about the Congress Theater in Chicago? I mean is it safe if one were to travel there alone? any nearby parking?

And when will Morrissey come to Iowa City Ia and play the Englert Theater? (http://www.englert.org) It's a renovated theater, beautiful as can be, in the middle of a university town where all the young people could come and see him. His CDs in the iowa city public library are routinely checked out. He'd be a big big hit with the college crowd. I can't understand why he doesn't make at least a minimal effort to play to the college age crowd. And iowa city is right on Interstate 80. An easy stop off if he's ever traveling through from Chicago to points west.

No, you'll be mugged, your throat slit, and your body will be dumped into the Chicago River. Stay home. ;)

Why does'nt he just concentrate on putting a quality band in place that can play and write half decent songs and then show us he has not developed "writers block" and can still produce the goods?
Or is he gonna just keep turning up and going through his boring motions!!! There are better tribute acts out there now than his present self!!!!! How mad is that???????????

The Congress Theater is in the downtown South Loop on Michigan and Congress. It is connected to the Roosevelt University, next to the Fine Arts Bldg and Artists Cafe. Guests performing at the Congress often show up at the cafe... Maybe. The food is mediocre and over priced. But hey... The Congress is known for it's great acoustics, intimacy and also know for the many world famous acts .... kinda like Morrissey.
The Congress Theater was built in the late 1800's and across from the world famous Grant Park. mmm

Who in their right mind would pay even a single dollar to listen to Jesse Tobias commit sonic terrorism on stage?

The guy is an abomination on guitar.

I'm not getting it this silly "Moz isn't in on this project." Yes, I love Moz. How did I begin listening to him? Why, it all started with The Smiths. I won't be buying The Smiths - Complete, but it has nothing to do with Moz. If I wanted it, I'd buy it and that's because I love The Smiths. I doesn't matter to me in the slightest bit if Moz doesn't get a profit from it, it doesn't bother me if Mike Joyce gets a landslide. The financial aspect is so petty and classless. I'm a FAN of MUSIC. Go bitch at someone other than your fans about it.

Morrissey would like to stress!
Morrissey would also like to stress!
Morrissey would like to thank!
Morrissey would like it to be known!
Morrissey would like to announce!

He really does seem to like releasing "statements" like a true British monarch! And I thought he hated all things royal ?

Wow what next hunting, shooting and the glorious 12th ! Toodle Pip!!!!!! What What,Tally Ho,God save the Queen!

Most of the anonymous comments posted in this thread are from the same IP address as are likely the ones on your site. The manipulation may get you short term traffic but good luck in the long term.

How did it work out for you in the long term?

Would you please shut up? It's obviously not Morrissey.
And stop trying to advertise that shite blog over here...

Come on lemmings!!!!! !THREE denials and the blog and twitter account remain - all other moz accounts deleted or suspended!!!!

The proof it's Morrissey appears on a new blog over here http://www.morriseysworldismoz.blogspot.com

I'm not spamming, just providing a link for people to make their own judgement as David has censored all free discussion of the blog on this site.

Take a look - Moz has made almost every porediction the blog made come true - even today's announcement. The blog predicted weeks ago there would be a third denial and that Moz would distance himself from the complete smiths package - Moz made both come true at the same time, just like he did last time when he denied it was him and also made the blog's prediction of the US tour made the previous day also come true.

Some people will never understand.

We are ConMorrissey Theorists - we believe he is behind the conspiracy and will control all of the web's Morrissey sites soon!

Please note this is ON TOPIC. I bet the moderators will try to censor again, proving they care nothing for free speech when their own interests are at stake

Do I sound really boring in stating, no Smiths Complete. Here's why; would rather spend the dough on an original rare Smiths vinyl. The re-releases are now over board. 10" WEAs , picture disc lps, The Singles, the Smiths self titled in every color of the rainbow, 180 gram from UK, 180 gram from US, the Greatest, The Best, The Worst, entiendo amigos?

"and without any approach to Morrissey from either Warner, Rhino, or Johnny Marr." Guess there won't be a Smiths Reunion concert to support this then.
Santa Claus will fly over London, before Morrissey would even go near Mr. Joyce. Also, for Mr. Marr, it would be a shameful admission of his major f- up in departing The Smiths. For what? Poor lad was sick of Mozaroo and making millions. The fame and and fortune was tossed out, never to return. The lives of the rich and famous. Sure got it tuff don't they?

Why does'nt he just concentrate on putting a quality band in place that can play and write half decent songs and then show us he has not developed "writers block" and can still produce the goods?
Or is he gonna just keep turning up and going through his boring motions!!! There are better tribute acts out there now than his present self!!!!! How mad is that???????????
Here Here !!! The Sweet & Tender Hooligans are a top act round L.A. Jose Moldanado great voice. But his band is as good as Moz's... so go figure. Saying goodbye to Alain Whyte was a major mistake. Saying goodbye to Gary Day also, not good.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom