Statement by Morrissey on TrueToYou, Sept 14th, re. Smiths cds, blog & tour

G

goinghome

Morrissey would like to stress that he has absolutely no affiliation with the site called Morrisseysworld, and that the views expressed on Morrisseysworld blog and Twitter page are not Morrissey's views, and do not come from Morrissey. Morrissey has no connection with this site. Please beware.

Morrissey would also like to stress that he has no association with the Warner release called 'The Smiths Complete'. This project has taken place without any consultation to Morrissey, and without any approach to Morrissey from either Warner, Rhino, or Johnny Marr. Therefore, Morrissey has no knowledge of the remixes, and has had no input in the project.

Morrissey would like to thank all of the people who have - so quickly - bought tickets for his November and December US tour, which he looks forward to very much.
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110914_01

The statement says that Marr did not approach him, not that Marr wasn't approached, so there's a dig at JM there.

Apparently, Morrissey (or his handlers) don't know the difference between "remixes" and remasters.

Last edited:
Sounds like morrissey is a lil butthurt. I wonder how one (marr) makes money over the other(moz)?

He sounds pissed at Marr for going over his head with the remastering project, but judging by Moz' minimal input on the 'Sound of..' compilation, I don't really see what difference it would have made whether he were told or not. Just a matter of manners, maybe?

Re: the blog - yes Moz we know it's not genuine, you've told us THREE TIMES.

Last edited:
Apparently, Morrissey (or his handlers) don't know the difference between "remixes" and remasters.

I'm sure Morrissey knows the difference. Or who knows, maybe there are some subtle mix differences as well?

Sounds like morrissey is a lil butthurt. I wonder how one (marr) makes money over the other(moz)?

Contractually, they'd receive the same, unless Morrissey's Smiths royalties are still going toward the Joyce court order, which would partially explain a lack of enthusiasm from Morrissey about this project.

He sounds pissed at Marr for going over his head with the remastering project, but judging by Moz' minimal input on the 'Sound of..' compilation, I don't really see what difference it would have made whether he were told or not. Just a matter of manners, maybe?

I think with Morrissey the ire is rooted in something much deeper than a lack of formalities. He sees The Smiths (rightfully) as his legacy, and so naturally he would be angry about not being approached regarding a commercial project this massive.

I agree. That is a bit odd.

I always appreciate a warning. :o

Yes, but you know some people will say this is evidence that the blog is his.

Short of tarring and feathering the real author, I don't know how much more emphatically he could deny it. People with a dedicated agenda will find "evidence" in anything and everything. It's crazy.

The blog missives on TTY are becoming almost as annoying as all the blog BS itself.
At least he calls it a "blog" instead of a "website".

If I'm not mistaken the only Morrissey's contribution was to choose the cover - which isn't the most beautiful I have ever seen...

And I know know why he's always talkin' 'bout the blog. This information is well-known for us...

It's best he doesn't touch these remasters, as he consistently f***s his solo remasters up.

Back
Top Bottom