Statement by Morrissey in Hot Press on Queen's visit to Ireland

The Very Existence of the Queen Is Against Any Notion of Democracy - Hot Press

16 May 2011

This is just one of a number of compelling charges set down by Morrissey in an article written for Hot Press, to coincide with the Queen's visit to Ireland

The Queen's visit to Ireland is part of a new Palace PR campaign to re-invent the Windsors. The message from the Queen will be the same as ever: who we are born to is more important than what we achieve in life.

It should be remembered by the Irish people that as recently as the turn of the 1980s the Queen supported Margaret Thatcher by not dismissing Thatcher as she allowed hunger strikers to die at the Maze Prison, most famously Bobby Sands, who was 27 years old. As Sands starved to death in protest at being tagged a 'criminal' and not a 'political prisoner' by the Thatcher government, the Queen sat in her Palace and said nothing. If the Queen had any human feelings for the Sands family or other hunger strikers then she did not express them.

The full meaning of the Monarchy is, like the Queen herself, a complete mystery to most people. It is protected from any investigations by ridiculous stories of trivia and wedding dresses and on-again-off-again soap-drama romances. The most revealing statement came from Commander Christine Jones of the Metropolitan Police last month, when she warned that any British people carrying anti-royal placards who are "seen in the vicinity of the royal wedding would be removed under the Public Order Act." This means that any political dissent in England is silenced in order to protect the royals, which in itself goes against every principle of democracy.

The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she "rules", examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.

You won't be able to.

The Queen also has the power to give back the six counties to the Irish people, allowing Ireland to be a nation once again. The fact that she has not done so is Fascism in full flow. What else could it be? Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?

MORRISSEY

May 2011

Uncleskinny also sends the link:

Morrissey says the Queen should give six counties back to Ireland - Hot Press

Excerpt:

With the visit of Queen Elizabeth to Ireland due to begin tomorrow, Tuesday May 17, the Lancashire born singer, songwriter and performer Steven Patrick Morrissey has written an article for Hot Press, which challenges in trenchant terms the appropriateness of welcoming the British monarch to Ireland.

...The full article appears in the issue of Hot Press which hits the streets this Thursday, May 19.

7901892_3510-coverrough.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Sweden has the highest or one of the highest suicide rates in the World.

I'm not usually one for advocating suicide but lets hope the Swedish IRA supporter does the world a favour!

And Bobby Sands wasn't nor are the IRA political prisoners. They're murderous terrorist thugs. End of.

I like it when Morrissey disappoints all his fans...well it takes much more than that to disappoint me Moz :D

Honestly, I wish Moz would turn off his TV and read a book. Although he sounds too stupid to manage reading. Turn off Oprah, for God's sake. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to respect anyone so relentlessly dim. Morrissey, there's a reason you flunked your 11+ exams: you're apparently just not that bright. I just didn't have the proof until now. Embarrassing.

You don't know what you are talking about, little man. A bit like Morrissey himself, who should also STFU. He's looking rather desperate now. What next? An X-Factor guest appearance?

You're rather desperate as well, for hanging on M's every word..commentary after commentary...you must be here all day every day. If M's such a loser to you..why bother coming here? Perhaps take you're own stfu advice.

When pop stars, TV celebrities or celebrities start talking about politics in simple black and white viewpoints, then they are starting to tread on some very risky ground.

The entire Northern Ireland problem isn't as simple as simply handing back the six counties to the Republic of Ireland and alls well that ends well. There is enough information in printed form and on the internet for people to start forming their own opinions. The Protestants of Northern Ireland see themselves as British, but even the mainland British don't really understand who they really are. Already the Protestants of Northern Ireland are seeing their population dwindle, their very culture and traditions being withheld from them. There as been many Loyalists who have gone on hunger strikes as well.

There are bigger, more tyrannical people in the world than the 85 year old Queen. She was born into her role and has upheld the traditions of centuries. I'm sure if the Duke of Cambridge was asked if he would rather be king or a ordinary citizen he would choose the latter. Robert Mugabe is the greater evil than the Queen.

Now I'm worried we'll see Morrissey giving the thumbs up with Gerry Adams next. May that never ever happen.

Bobby Sands and 9 other brave men died because of them.

Brave men ... all of whom were members of criminal organisations whose raison d'être was to murder & maim people. All of those who killed themselves in the 1981 hunger strike underwent due process of law and were convicted of criminal offences: one was a murderer; one was found guilty of manslaughter; two were convicted of attempted murder; five were found guilty of possessing arms / explosive devices / ammunition and; one was guilty of having inflicted torture.

Bobby Sands and his associates, of their own volition, starved themselves to death. Unlike I.R.A./I.N.L.A. victims, the "hunger strikers" enjoyed the privilege of being able to choose to cut their lives short. Frankly, the world is better off without them.

Tiocfaidh ar la!!!!!

Since even the the former Chiefs-of-Staff of the I.R.A. are now reduced - in their terms - to "administering British rule in Ireland," I wouldn't count on it. Good luck with that, though.

No. 27

morrissey in effect is right that the queen could help make ireland a united country but only if parliament put a bill for its unification forward first and they are not going to do that because ireland , the province of northern ireland that is , holds the first port of call from the north atlantic and is a source of income for the british government

Steven's an ignoramus and your grasp of socioeconomic reality is poor: the UK government's public expenditure on Northern Ireland exceeds income to the exchequer from Northern Ireland by approximately £7 billion per annum.

Happy to help.

No. 27

I think Morrissey should go on one of those taxi tours round the Shankill and Falls Road. Honestly it's up there with McCartney's Give Ireland Back To The Irish song. Thing was that was in the '70s when it was slightly topical. This is just plain embarrassing

Morrissey, if you or "your people" frequent this site, I'd suggest think carefully about where you choose to PERFORM for the foreseeable future. Never mind your experiences in Liverpool or Swindon - when next you set foot on stage in Belfast, you really will go home in an ambulance.

We are the last, truly British people that you wouldn't want to know.

Morrissey is so misguided- even when he begins to make a valid point, he couples it with notions that are so apart from reality that nothing he says can ever be taken seriously.

Honestly, I wish Moz would turn off his TV and read a book. Although he sounds too stupid to manage reading. Turn off Oprah, for God's sake. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to respect anyone so relentlessly dim. Morrissey, there's a reason you flunked your 11+ exams: you're apparently just not that bright. I just didn't have the proof until now. Embarrassing.

I find it “increasingly” difficult to comprehend why, why you come on a Morrissey site with the exclusive purpose of ruining Morrissey’s good name. You and the vast majority of the other anti Morrissey “fans”. I mean sitting ducks. Because that’s what it is that you are. You are sitting ducks just biding your time. Every day you come here in anticipation of seizing any opportunity to bulldozer Morrissey into the ground. And let me tell you something … you should not talk about nothing at all. It is ironic -- the hate mail that is spewed on these boards, every day, sent to Morrissey. The irony is too transparent. Therefore you have to be plants. And the NME that is still carrying on with their personal vendetta against Morrissey, along with them being obsessed with Morrissey. They are the ones who obviously sent you. The NME..
You are not in any position to throw rocks at anybody, especially Morrissey, because of your dwindling sales isn’t it. That was not Morrissey’s fault.

Now, I’m telling you right now. Leave Morrissey alone. Better still, leave the earth., you NME martians, aliens, jacked up low lives and poor sales, no sales, Haaa.
Losers

P.S. Don’t worry or obsess about Morrissey watching Oprah anymore. Oprah is leaving in a few days. Follow her lead.
Hint, Hint

CL

I find it “increasingly” difficult to comprehend why, why you come on a Morrissey site with the exclusive purpose of ruining Morrissey’s good name. You and the vast majority of the other anti Morrissey “fans”. I mean sitting ducks. Because that’s what it is that you are. You are sitting ducks just biding your time. Every day you come here in anticipation of seizing any opportunity to bulldozer Morrissey into the ground...

And so you continued.

How wrong you really are. I am a very devoted fan of Morrissey's music. I have been since my early (burglary) teenage years.

I do not in any way whatsoever look to "bulldozer" Morrissey to the ground. When I come onto Moz-SoLow I do so to read about a man I hold very dear to my heart.

However, in this instance, he is wrong. The misguided actions of the IRA that maimed, blinded and killed people in both the UK and in Ireland CANNOT be at all be given anything but destain.

To the author of the above post, I suggest you look up some of the things the terrorists have done in these islands over the years. Maybe then, you won't blindly defend Morrissey's comments so much.

Considering which, the very common belief is that when cities and towns like Manchester and Warrington were being bombed it was all being bank rolled by a few Americans. I know this is something I find very hard to swallow.

I await Morrissey's next missive telling us how wrong that was.

I find it “increasingly” difficult to comprehend why, why you come on a Morrissey site with the exclusive purpose of ruining Morrissey’s good name. You and the vast majority of the other anti Morrissey “fans”. I mean sitting ducks. Because that’s what it is that you are. You are sitting ducks just biding your time. Every day you come here in anticipation of seizing any opportunity to bulldozer Morrissey into the ground. And let me tell you something … you should not talk about nothing at all. It is ironic -- the hate mail that is spewed on these boards, every day, sent to Morrissey. The irony is too transparent. Therefore you have to be plants. And the NME that is still carrying on with their personal vendetta against Morrissey, along with them being obsessed with Morrissey. They are the ones who obviously sent you. The NME..
You are not in any position to throw rocks at anybody, especially Morrissey, because of your dwindling sales isn’t it. That was not Morrissey’s fault.

Now, I’m telling you right now. Leave Morrissey alone. Better still, leave the earth., you NME martians, aliens, jacked up low lives and poor sales, no sales, Haaa.
Losers

P.S. Don’t worry or obsess about Morrissey watching Oprah anymore. Oprah is leaving in a few days. Follow her lead.
Hint, Hint

CL

I'd love to see Prince Charles at Dr. Phil
[how he knows he screwed up becoming the next King.

as Karl I say take a rest, the history between Ireland [and even more nortern part]
are touchy

The reason why so many Irish left in past history itoo USA or even the as Morrissey's family to Uk and Usa, is about nasty treating the Irish, everything they harvest the British took away, and the farmers and the poor just starved

I know my country, the Nethelands first King of the current Roayal line also made
a mess in the UK [Willem of Orange]

all past, I'm just interesting in the past in a curious way how they lived not wars they are all over in worlds history, and no escaping if yer looking history channel

but not as some Irish created an organistation who fought by boms and shootings to get the Brittish on the knees, which ofcourse
did not it only got worse, as in Spain though the freedom fighters know they have to talk with the gouvernment, not usen weapons, but sit on the table,which is difficult
if yer whole family is tortured and shot and got through heavy periods tom survive

The current situation is fairly quiet, let leave it that way, and think about Palestines
and other , most African countries, who suffer from a miltarry state who choose a sockpuppet as president

OUT!

IRA are c***s.

End of.

Easy to write from Sweden eh.

Easy to write from beyond the grave too! This Urban is someone who told everyone on moz-solo that his mum had terminal cancer and then he had terminal cancer, and now he's alive and well. The tool.

LOL. Since when was the turn of the 80s "recently"? Maybe in the early '90s? Get a grip Moz!

Back
Top Bottom