Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - true-to-you.net

Jesse Tobias statement - true-to-you.net

13 June 2014

It's been quite Disheartening to see the "Facebook" Hatred thrown about by Our Former Friends/ Working Partners Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti.
I do feel that Someone needs to Speak Up for Moz in this situation as it is unbearable to watch people you once trusted , Attack and Pick Away at your Friend.
In my experience ANYONE associated with the Morrissey Camp know they are solely there because of Morrissey himself.
He chooses to tour/ work with certain people.
For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about Her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's 9 years of help and promotion is Very Disappointing.
Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous.
I was told after the show in Miami by Crew and Security that there was some concern because Kristeen was obviously unwell.
Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance but being in such close quarters for months these things sometimes happen.
I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement.
One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter.
This combined with Tony Visconti's Parrot Like affirmation on "Facebook" that "she is better off, is Morrissey Capable of being handled?" is Repulsive.
This is a MAN who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that Suddenly flips into Schoolgirl mode with "yeah you tell em" Chatter...??

Good Riddance to False Friends.

Jesse Tobias

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

Yeah really, for her own good, those are people who would seriously damage her, and I do mean physically, they're not wimpy, sensitive Morrissey fans, they're angry, ugly drunks filled with nasty male aggression who would tolerate her shrieking for about 30 seconds before bottles would be thrown.

Unlike the majority of you lot, they have lives. Foo fighter fans don't have delusional thoughts about knowing Dave Grohl and they certainly don't obsess over him like a bunch of wankers. This board proves that not all Morrissey fans are "wimpy" or "sensitive". Most on here are angry and bitter and it's quite sad.

Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

It's the subsequent sniping on facebook, by her fans and by Visconti, that is in question. She sat back and let them write what they want, and deleted a lot of pro Moz posts and then tried to pretend she was 'over' everything and that it was all beneath her.

The obsequious nature of her fb page has been bothering me for a long time and she is really not as intelligent or unique as she thinks she is. I won't be following her any longer and I doubt I'll miss anything about her.

Yes that's immature but why is the Morrissey camp ignoring the root cause of the problem which is lack of communication. Morrissey's 'friend' didn't have a way of phoning Morrissey. Morrissey's tour manager relayed important information to Morrissey's 'friend'. To be honest given past evidence that sounds very like Morrissey. Is that how you treat a 'friend'. besides the announcement blamed Kristeen for Morrissey's illness and the tour cancellation, Jessie blamed Kristeen for Morrissey's illness. That is immature to the extreme.

Yes that's immature but why is the Morrissey camp ignoring the root cause of the problem which is lack of communication. Morrissey's 'friend' didn't have a way of phoning Morrissey. Morrissey's tour manager relayed important information to Morrissey's 'friend'. To be honest given past evidence that sounds very like Morrissey.

I don't think anyone is ignoring anything, it's just that Morrissey is always Morrissey. Very few people think he's a perfect or an 'easy' person to be around or with, but he has never pretended otherwise.

Was she his friend? I don't know that she was besides her intimating that when it suited her, and I don't believe much that she says anyway. I think she was just an act that he liked and gave a break to and supported for years and years. Like everyone else, she knew what he was like and reveled in it, and used it/him for publicity and coverage, all the while being snarky about a large number of his fans not liking her. Well, we were never obliged to, but for the most part we were patient and polite but still she threw it back in our faces while pretending to be Morrisseys close confidant. If anything that is what Moz should apologize for - inflicting her on us for all those years.

I think Morrissey is difficult and spiky, but he is also shrewd, and maybe he knew she was really like and kept her at arms length for that very reason. If he'd given her an inch she would have taken a thousand miles.

The reason I've followed Morrissey and loved his music is because he is who he is, flaws and all.
Morrissey must be devastated at not being able to complete the US Tour. If, as so many people keep intimating, he cancels shows on a whim for his own entertainment, then why would he have risked another lengthy US Tour after last year's events and the financial / insurance risk implications of it? I can't fathom the amount of vitriol here and the stupidity and vulgarity of the comments made. Morrissey used to attract an audience with a degree of sensitivity and intellect, but in the internet age the hangers-on have amassed. And there is more than a certain amount of hypocrisy in the number of people here who for the best part of a decade slated KY for her leech-like presence, yet now she is refuting the statement on TTY, are now waving their pom-poms for her because Morrissey had the audacity to cancel a tour due to illness. And of course, it is mandatory to get the digs in at Jesse for he is not Alain (!!!) and Julia for she actually shows loyalty to Moz through thick and thin. It is tiresome.
I hope Morrissey recovers and returns to the public arena when he is ready. I'm looking forward to the new album, although I have to say it would be good if Harvest put one more track out there, if only to dilute the negativity and give the loyal ones something to cling to. Jesse was right about one thing...it is time to say Good Riddance to False Friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm really sick of everybody shit talking Visconti. I don't really like Morrissey or Kristeen; Morrissey has me on retainer because of everything he did til '07 and KY is an untrustworthy cooze but a f***ing amazing writer, but all Visconti is doing here is taking his friend's side. I would do the same; I'm sure you all would. What does he owe Morrissey?

Listen to interviews with Visconti. He's a nice dude. No bullshit, no hyperbole, no attitude.

One could make the same point about Jesse defending Morrissey.

The reason I've followed Morrissey and loved his music is because he is who he is, flaws and all.
Morrissey must be devastated at not being able to complete the US Tour. If, as so many people keep intimating, he cancels shows on a whim for his own entertainment, then why would he have risked another lengthy US Tour after last year's events and the financial / insurance risk implications of it? I can't fathom the amount of vitriol here and the stupidity and vulgarity of the comments made. Morrissey used to attract an audience with a degree of sensitivity and intellect, but in the internet age the hangers-on have amassed. And there is more than a certain amount of hypocrisy in the number of people here who for the best part of a decade slated KY for her leech-like presence, yet now she is refuting the statement on TTY, are now waving their pom-poms for her because Morrissey had the audacity to cancel a tour due to illness. And of course, it is mandatory to get the digs in at Jesse for he is not Alain (!!!) and Julia for she actually shows loyalty to Moz through thick and thin. It is tiresome.
I hope Morrissey recovers and returns to the public arena when he is ready. I'm looking forward to the new album, although I have to say it would be good if Harvest put one more track out there, if only to dilute the negativity and give the loyal ones something to cling to. Jesse was right about one thing...it is time to say Good Riddance to False Friends.

Well put, comrade. My sentiments exactly.

I've seen Morrissey 10 times with Whyte and 9 with Tobias. The difference is astonishing. Alain is superb live and he is an excellent songwriting partner. Those days are long gone. Hell, Mozzer's days of touring are clearly over. However, Alain seemed bored and contrary when forced to muddle through The Smiths' songs, which were fewer on tours during his tenure. Tobias is fiercely loyal for reasons we will never know, nor should we. Morrissey has an intimate circle. Does he treat them well? Who knows. Can one be ejected for reasons that seem arbitrary and abrupt? Seems so. Tobias is clearly favored by Morrissey. At least we get a new album. No delays? Unlikely given the three singles delivered on time. Kristeen Young is just plain awful. Her music is dreadful. Morrissey, however, carried her for years, despite her bizarre behavior. She is a nobody and could have done herself a world of good by being a class act with a brief statement of concern and hope. Instead...this.
Morrissey is clearly declining. He is ill or disinterested in carrying on. However, he has said many times that he lives to be on stage. It is the only place he exists. Sadly, this might be spot on. This silent goodbye might very well be farewell. In any case, how can a true Smiths/Morrissey fan be angry and ignore the body of work...his gift. We are blessed to have it.

Regardless of not caring for what Visconti said I am still sick of Morrissey's attitude. Julia is not his only fan. There are many people who have supported him for many years who for the most part don't care to keep hearing about the same person all of the time . It's almost kind of mental that she is allowed to chase him around so much just because she has lots of money whereas someone else might be "Removed" or accused of being crazy for following him around .I personally can't believe that a person with that much money never has anything better to do than follow his sorry ass around . There are plenty of ways a person could live a more balanced life.I don't think this situation has made me feel any better. It has driven me to the point of where I feel like yes it really is time to move on this guy is really shallow. He spent so much time lying and even if he is sick there are plenty of times he has been sort of abusive to his fan base.My thoughts have been escalating pretty much each time I have seen him tell another lie which HE HAS if you will remember .I have been noticing this more often for some time now .This guy seems so ungrateful for the dedication and support he has been given.It sort of makes sense.even his public dispute about Staples Center back and forth it will be vegetarian or it will not be then people reported on here that they attended the concert was not totally vegetarian that there were vendors selling meat there and he went ahead and lied regardless so that he could gain attention for thinking he completed some great feat.This is only one thing I am mentioning. There are more.I bet plenty of people could be trusted or would be loyal to him he just would not give them the time of day because he has nothing to gain from it . He's really acted like a jerk and gotten worse. I can't even defend him anymore .I just can't.He doesn't care anyway.

Did you hear the one about Morrissey phoning up the doctors for an appointment ?
I'm sorry said the receptionist all today's appointments have gone, would you like me to put you on the list for a cancellation !!!!!

Anyway she says what name is it please ? and he replies Steven
Ok Steven what's your surname ? again he replies Morrissey,
I can't see you on the system Steven Morrissey she says, have you got a middle name ?
By this time our Moz is well pissed off and shouts YES I do Cancel is my middle name and he slams the phone down in a hissy-huff !!!!!

R O F L

Yes that's immature but why is the Morrissey camp ignoring the root cause of the problem which is lack of communication. Morrissey's 'friend' didn't have a way of phoning Morrissey. Morrissey's tour manager relayed important information to Morrissey's 'friend'. To be honest given past evidence that sounds very like Morrissey. Is that how you treat a 'friend'. besides the announcement blamed Kristeen for Morrissey's illness and the tour cancellation, Jessie blamed Kristeen for Morrissey's illness. That is immature to the extreme.

I don't think she was a friend in any real sense of the word, despite her best efforts, and I think he kept her at a distance for a reason. Well done Morrissey for that.

Without any of us actually knowing him, we are all somewhat aware of what he's like and he has never tried to make out otherwise. He is always Morrissey.

I don't think it's weird that a support act has to deal with the tour manager - it's a business, it's work, they're not all on holiday on a big bus singing and dancing like Summer Holiday.

KY has worked with him long enough to know what he's like and how things work. It's his tour and his domain, and you either fit in or go somewhere else, like in any normal job.

Immature? Who is the one complaining on fb? Who is the one complaining about being a poor innocent victim of rich white men - while she's supported by a very rich, influential man? Who is the one saying she's over it and then complaining some more.

Off topic:

Did anyone else spot Morrissey in the stand at The Staples Center during the singing of the national american anthem before the 5th NHL final between LA Kings and New York Rangers?
I did!
Kings secured their 3rd championship in 3 years by scoring the winner in the 5th period after a crazy game.

Someone should go through the morrissey-solo archives to see if there are old posts praising the genius of Jesse Tobais written with random capitalizations.

*correction

It was LA Kings 2nd win in 3 years and Nancy Sinatra congratulated the LA Kings on Twitter, maybe she was there with Moz?

-And of course, it is mandatory to get the digs in at Jesse for he is not Alain (!!!)

It's not Jesse is not Alain. It's that Jesse is a mediocre guitarist of limited songwriting ability and a competent musical worker, but in no way a talent. Alain is the only songwriter Morrissey has worked with in his solo career that gave Morrissey music equal in strength and promise to his words and vocals. If Morrissey were say a weapon, then with Jesse he would be TNT, and with Alain a nuclear bomb.

never trust a woman that wears that much makeup and has relations with a man who could be her father.

*correction

It was LA Kings 2nd win in 3 years and Nancy Sinatra congratulated the LA Kings on Twitter, maybe she was there with Moz?

I thought he was in the UK? So he's not too sick to go to a hockey game? Doesn't seem like the hockey type.

most of us know by now that steven plays with people minds i feel sorry for ms young and tony he's a first class twit and a very ill man no wonder johnny left

most of us know by now that steven plays with people minds i feel sorry for ms young and tony he's a first class twit and a very ill man no wonder johnny left

thnxs 4 sharing that with us, ms young/old.

I feel sorry for your music.

Back
Top Bottom