Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - true-to-you.net

Jesse Tobias statement - true-to-you.net

13 June 2014

It's been quite Disheartening to see the "Facebook" Hatred thrown about by Our Former Friends/ Working Partners Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti.
I do feel that Someone needs to Speak Up for Moz in this situation as it is unbearable to watch people you once trusted , Attack and Pick Away at your Friend.
In my experience ANYONE associated with the Morrissey Camp know they are solely there because of Morrissey himself.
He chooses to tour/ work with certain people.
For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about Her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's 9 years of help and promotion is Very Disappointing.
Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous.
I was told after the show in Miami by Crew and Security that there was some concern because Kristeen was obviously unwell.
Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance but being in such close quarters for months these things sometimes happen.
I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement.
One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter.
This combined with Tony Visconti's Parrot Like affirmation on "Facebook" that "she is better off, is Morrissey Capable of being handled?" is Repulsive.
This is a MAN who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that Suddenly flips into Schoolgirl mode with "yeah you tell em" Chatter...??

Good Riddance to False Friends.

Jesse Tobias

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

it's like ping-pong!

ky on fb: "Statement to the statement to the statement of the statement for the statement. Over. It. Although, I'm thinking about passing Susie a note in gym class about it."

Too late -- Tony already told everybody about it in Study Hall.

Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

^ and…

"A 'man' who uses the word 'girl' as an insult. I don't think much of a man like that."

it's like ping-pong!

ky on fb: "Statement to the statement to the statement of the statement for the statement. Over. It. Although, I'm thinking about passing Susie a note in gym class about it."

^jeff: "Obviously unwell? Close quarters? More lies. Whatever....."

And Visconti's response:

Tony Visconti
I've behaved like a schoolgirl? I don't capitalize every third word in a sentence. Can he spell 'sycophant?'
Edited · Like · 4 · 13 minutes ago

popcorn.gif

Hasn't there been problem s like this before with kirsteen young? I love Moz and hope that he learns his lesson and Stops!!! Touring with her. Everyone at the shows I've seen doesn't even enjoy her set. I personally don't like her music and I'm speaking for lots of other Morrisey fans. Get Well soon and Surround yourself with more positive people on your next tour. And please come to St Louis soon.

And Visconti's response:

Tony Visconti
Can he spell 'sycophant?'
Edited · Like · 4 · 13 minutes ago

popcorn.gif

Oh Tony, the irony. The irony.

Is there an FAQ for all the people involved with this soap opera?

Lol. That's a job for Viva -- it would be funny, organized and all-encompassing.

Firstly not wanting to push this at all but myself and a few others stood up for Morrissey yesterday.

Secondly, I think what Jesse has done is just magnificant.

Yesterday, I described the behaviour of TV as very disrespectful to Morrissey.

Maybe it was a rash moment and a total error from TV but it seemed to me to be a rather cheap dig, twice or thrice.
TV should know better.

We are all looking forward to the new album but most of all, we all need Morrissey in our lives.

Morrissey the person: to enrich them, to challenge us, to make us think
about our beliefs and the world we live in. To care and to press ahead, with style and integrity. Always.

Morrissey the musician, artist and musical legend : for all of the previous and for some stonkingly great music and lyrics.
And also, for a small minority, perhaps all here, to allow people a chance to moan. To moan
or have a dig about the end of The Smiths, or the stupid drummer,
who ruined part of the history of The Smiths and cost us all a lot of money on legal aid.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, as they say.

Rest up Morrissey but stay as you are (!)

Hazard
England

- - - Updated - - -

Jesse uses capital letters about as well as he uses his guitar. He needs some lessons for sure!

The line that Really Stands Out for me Is

"I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement."

The use of the Word " Comply "

When on tour with Sicknote everyone (crew/backing band) must Comply ! Comply with stage t-shirt, Comply with any smokescreen excuses for cancelling gigs, Comply if your told to wear a dress, Comply that the Puppet Master is allowed at All Times to Pull All the Strings as and When He wants To.
Well Done Kristeen for cutting your Strings you are No Longer a Puppet.
We want Alain ! We want Alain ! We want Alain !

^ and…

"A 'man' who uses the word 'girl' as an insult. I don't think much of a man like that."

Yeah - that's right Kristeen try and make it into a 'feminist issue' to make yourself seem more profound and intelligent. Fail.

The Kristeen Young CDs I bought are going right back to the charity shop where I bought them. Some good must come out of this.

Damage limitation from a man both damaged and limited.
Best line I've read in a long time.
By the way: I was surprised to see TTY yet again sounding like a bitching session from a primary school bicycle shed. Surely Moz and co are above this kind of pointless bickering.

The line that Really Stands Out for me Is

"I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement."

The use of the Word " Comply "

When on tour with Sicknote everyone (crew/backing band) must Comply ! Comply with stage t-shirt, Comply with any smokescreen excuses for cancelling gigs, Comply if your told to wear a dress, Comply that the Puppet Master is allowed at All Times to Pull All the Strings as and When He wants To.
Well Done Kristeen for cutting your Strings you are No Longer a Puppet.
We want Alain ! We want Alain ! We want Alain !

������[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's like that on most tours, and in most jobs and offices. We can't all be a true untamed originals like Kristeeeeeeen can we #sarcasm. She knows she can get by by latching on to someone else if she gets fired. The rest of us live in the real world and have real responsibilities.

Jesse's statement (I love how it's always a 'statement' on TTY) has done no one any favors. First of all, it needed a serious edit/rewrite. And secondly, continuing this silly back-and-forth is just not improving Morrissey's position in this mess. Pitchfork already picked this up and it makes him look ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

What must Harvest think of this?

Jesse wrote a piece that's included in the booklet for 25:Live and it too is full of random capitalisation and weird sentences; it must just be his thing.

i for ONE woulD loVe to see ThaT. if you CoUld Post It, it WOuld be GreAt. :)

HI JESse The MUse!!!!! (well, right after KrisTeen, of coursE. ;) )

Bottom line is: Jesse Tobias is still the sonic butcher of Smiths and Morrissey songs.

He handled his statement as well as he plays guitar....Heavy handedly, lacking soft touch and no finesse.

He should keep his mouth shut and just be thankful Morrissey is clouded enough to have him as his guitarist.

It's amazing Jesse is considered acceptable in Morrissey's band at all. Better keep the monkey grip on the gig, Tobias. If not, you'd be the nobody you're supposed to be. Moz is delusional to keep you around.

Jesse is, and always has been, an unquestioning Yes Man. He uses words with the same respect he does the songs : none whatsoever. His joining the group was the beginning of the end, as the other members were slowly and remorselessly replaced by anonymous, cheap Sleeperblokes. A psychological study of Morrissey would be fascinating, and somewhat scary.

I bet the next song Moz writes will be about Jesse : "The Boy Who Always Says Yes".

I am just going to say this and it is not to cause argumentation or breed negative discussions. I am also not pointing fingers. My viewpoint is my own. I don't really care for the unkind things people on this site say about Jesse Tobias.I don't agree. I also think it is a little strange that people continue to hold on to previous work and efforts that Morrissey has made with other musicians saying so and so was better and he needs to bring this person back. It is utterly pointless really because the past isn't coming back. Even on this post yet another person is critical of Jesse calling him a "Yes man" in all honesty none of the people who are constantly commenting about him or other band members are the people involved in the relationship that he or any of them have with Morrissey. Nor do they have a working relationship with Morrissey. You also cannot control other people or be there 24 hours a day to know what really goes on. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinions as well. We all are so I am again being positive by saying OK you just be you. I just get so tired of people constantly bashing Jesse. Obviously he has a working relationship with Morrissey that is valued by both parties or they would not be working together.I am by far not a yes person but I am expressing my views that people really ought to lighten up with being so cynical about Jesse Tobias. It's rude. It's completely disrespectful and you are also still buying the music so lay off. It's not involving you anyhow .I never see any other bands or musicians I listen to have people dissect everything that a person does this much. These choices are not yours to make. I really am not trying to stir any shit by saying this .You are entitled to your opinion .I just kind of don't like hearing him talked about in this manner . I am a person who stands to gain NOTHING from speaking my mind . I am not an ass kisser. I am just a regular person who doesn't care what these people think about me anyhow as they do not know me and I'm a nobody with no superficial motivation to impress anyone.

As bad as Jesse's writing is, I do love that TV also had a crack at him for writing that way ... and then proceeded to "like" someone's post on facebook who was doing the same thing haha

Having a sticky beak at TV's facebook. He shares a photo of KY taking a selfie in a bathroom and says that it "may go viral". Why the f*** would that go viral? Stop the presses guys, woman takes selfie in bathroom!

Last edited:

This is all very shabby. I'm wondering why Morrissey has sent Jesse to comment? For what it's worth, I find the Jesse statement barely believable as a witness statement, and I am inclined to believe Kristeen's position. But where does that get us? Nowhere. Nowhere at all. Why even bother? Why? I am seeing a lot, and I mean a LOT of normally diehard fans turning off over this. Fans I have never seem do anything other than defend Morrisey to the hilt - turning away, saying it's ridiculous, a laughing stock. Morrissey has indeed painted himself into a corner, and it is very, very sad. When most people are saying good things about the new songs - why would you? I'm afraid it does look like the end for Morrissey. Records/downloads not selling, tour cancelled, second deal album in severe jeopardy, no tour agents or insurance companies would touch him with a ten-foot clownpole...I've said this for years, there's only one thing left to do. Before it's too late. He knows what it is.

P.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom