Star Wars AND Morrissey fan?!!

H

Han Solo

Just wanted to pose this question to all my fellow Morrissey fans:

Can one be both a fan of MORRISSEY and STAR WARS?

My friend and fellow Morrissey apostle (and also dirty roommate) has been going ape-shit about the new Star Wars DVD. He can't stop talking it and has it on the TV non-stop. I've been kicking his ass (literally) because I can't see how any intelligent human being and Morrissey fan can stand that shit. My girlfriend says I'm wrong and tells me to stop. Still I can't stop myself kicking his ass. To be honest, I actually like Star Wars but am totally contradicted as I love Morrissey and feel somehow that I'm shouldn't be into Star Wars.

What do you guys think?!!!

What's the reason a person can't like Morrissey and Star Wars?

If Ewan McGregor can get behind Star Wars, well, that pretty much legitimizes it in my book.

You must be thinking of Star Wars geeks. In which case, yes, it's entirely possible that being a full-on Star Wars geek is incompatible with being a Morrissey fan. I'm not sure people who dress like Stormtroopers ought to be listening to "Vauxhall and I".

Also, liking Morrissey and Star Wars is far less disturbing than liking The Cure and Morrissey. Let's sort that one out first.

(The new Star Wars DVDs are spectacular, by the way.)

star wars is complete garbage! it is so dated now and laughable!!!

> Just wanted to pose this question to all my fellow Morrissey fans:

> Can one be both a fan of MORRISSEY and STAR WARS?

> My friend and fellow Morrissey apostle (and also dirty roommate) has been
> going ape-shit about the new Star Wars DVD. He can't stop talking it and
> has it on the TV non-stop. I've been kicking his ass (literally) because I
> can't see how any intelligent human being and Morrissey fan can stand that
> shit. My girlfriend says I'm wrong and tells me to stop. Still I can't
> stop myself kicking his ass. To be honest, I actually like Star Wars but
> am totally contradicted as I love Morrissey and feel somehow that I'm
> shouldn't be into Star Wars.

> What do you guys think?!!!

Personally I find Star Trek,Star Wars and anything to do with "Space" deadly dull and something only to be enjoyed by boys who couldn't make the school football team.

On the whole I would think it's a genre of films that most Moz fans would avoid like the plague.You never know though

Re: Wow, Morrissey finally made his set list cool. Wish I'd been there.

> something only to be enjoyed by boys who
> couldn't make the school football team.

Couldn't this equally apply to Morrissey fans?

Personally, I have more issues understanding why someone who uses phrases like "kicking his ass" would like The Smiths than someone who likes Star Wars

i think you must be stupid

what's the problem with liking both?

are you some sort of pretentious snob?

do you have a mental imbalance?

do you labor under the affliction of black and white thinking?

you probably think liking morrissey is incompatible with liking bananarama, too.

just let people be happy, for god's sake.

Re: Star Trek AND Morrissey fan?!!

> Just wanted to pose this question to all my fellow Morrissey fans:
> Can one be both a fan of MORRISSEY and STAR WARS?
> What do you guys think?!!!

I am as avid a Morrissey fan as I am a Star Trek fan. I can have both, you know.
The only difference is Morrissey is real.

Re: Star Trek AND Morrissey fan?!!

> I am as avid a Morrissey fan as I am a Star Trek fan. I can have both, you
> know.
> The only difference is Morrissey is real.

true. it can be done. next weekend, i plan to see Wil Wheaton as he does a book signing/hosting of the movie "stand by me" coz i used to be his #1 fan when i was about 13 or so...i don't know. i think it's fun.

however, i do notice that watching the old TNG episodes that they don't particularly age well. There is something very "Leave it to Beaver" and "drink your milk and help mom wash the dishes" about them, isn't there? Even the original series has more bite to it.

Back
Top Bottom