Star Trek's William Shatner brands former co-star George Takei 'sick and psychotic'

I am a Ghost

'Star Trek' icon William Shatner has branded former co-star George Takei 'sick' and 'psychotic' and claims he feels 'nothing but pity for him' in an astonishing attack.

In an internet video clip, the ex-Captain Kirk actor says nobody cared when gay Takei finally came out in 2005.

And he belittles Takei's role as Mr Sulu in the cult sci-fi series, claiming he barely knew him because he was only ever on set for a couple of days.
Shatner hit back after Takei deliberately made a point of not inviting him to his gay wedding last month.

Takei has admitted holding a long-standing grudge against Shatner for , in his opinion, having a huge ego and hogging the limelight on Star Trek.

Shatner says in the video: 'The whole thing makes me feel badly, poor man. There is such a sickness there.

'It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea.

'I didn't read his book that was printed many years ago, but apparently I didn't let somebody have a close-up. I literally don't know him.

'I didn't know him very well on the series. He would come in for a day or two, as evidenced by the part he played. Then on the movies, there occasionally. I didn't know the man.

But he has continued to speak badly about me for all these years. Obviously, hiding his homosexuality - talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself - and being fearful somebody would find out about this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought.

'Finally at the age of, I think, 70, he decides to come out of the closet and say, "I'm gay."

'Like, who cares? Be gay. Don't be gay. That's up to you George.'

Shatner says he is baffled at why Takei has continued to hold a grudge against him.

He says: 'You would think there would be an epiphany at some point, where George might have said, "Poor Bill Shatner. He's such a lonely, desperate, unhappy man that he did all these terrible things to me."

'Which I can't remember. I presume he can remember all these terrible thing I must have done when I said, "Hello" or something to him.

'You would think he had this epiphany and say - because he and I don't have many years left in this world - "I wish him well. I'm so happy that I wish him well."

'But instead what he does is he makes this big deal about not inviting me to his wedding.

'If I was such a terrible force in his life - even some 40-odd years later, because I've not seen him - that I effect his marriage where he has to isolate it, what kind of sickness is going on in the man?'

Shatner, whose video appears on his YouTube page theshatnerproject.com, adds: 'There must be something else inside of George that is festering and makes him so unhappy that he takes it out on me - in effect a total stranger.

'Why would he go out of his way to denegrate me? It's sad that the man can't find enough peace in his life to either say "Be positive" and say "I forgive him, whatever those hurts were", or to shut up about it.

'It's sad. I feel nothing but pity for him.'

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAeLFjNCb3A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAeLFjNCb3A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Re: Star Trek's William Shatner brands former co-star George Takei 'sick and psychoti

lets be clear here, Shatner thinks Takei is sick because he is obsessed with hating him & not because Sulu is gay...

Last edited:
Re: Star Trek's William Shatner brands former co-star George Takei 'sick and psychoti

That's Shatastic!

I saw that last night and couldn't believe he went through the trouble of making that video. Not only did he make the video, he posted it as a bulletin through his MySpace.

I KNOW! :eek:

let be clear here, Shatner thinks Takei is sick because he is obsessed with hating him & not because Sulu is gay...

maybe he had always hoped and wished george would have asked for his hand in marriage?!?:eek::p

so now he is just being all bitter.

As opposed to all biter...

rimshot.jpg

Takei was at Shatner's roast and It seemed like he didn't have any bent up hostility towards him.

so you taking Takei's side on this one fellow trekker? :mad:

No, I'm just surprised. Either he was faking the good will on TV, or something stirred up the animosity in him. I just think Sulu's still mad cause they never gave him his own TV show.

No, I'm just surprised. Either he was faking the good will on TV, or something stirred up the animosity in him. I just think Sulu's still mad cause they never gave him his own TV show.
oh, ok, well your no fun then :p

oh, ok, well your no fun then :p

Takei has just become so annoying since he came out. It's like he has to remind everybody. We know about it George, just go home and be happy.

I've never cared for William Shatner *hides* but he is perfect as Denny Crane. :guitar: Last season of BL :(

'Star Trek' icon William Shatner has branded former co-star George Takei 'sick' and 'psychotic' and claims he feels 'nothing but pity for him' in an astonishing attack.

In an internet video clip, the ex-Captain Kirk actor says nobody cared when gay Takei finally came out in 2005.

And he belittles Takei's role as Mr Sulu in the cult sci-fi series, claiming he barely knew him because he was only ever on set for a couple of days.
Shatner hit back after Takei deliberately made a point of not inviting him to his gay wedding last month.

Takei has admitted holding a long-standing grudge against Shatner for , in his opinion, having a huge ego and hogging the limelight on Star Trek.

Shatner says in the video: 'The whole thing makes me feel badly, poor man. There is such a sickness there.

'It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea.

'I didn't read his book that was printed many years ago, but apparently I didn't let somebody have a close-up. I literally don't know him.

'I didn't know him very well on the series. He would come in for a day or two, as evidenced by the part he played. Then on the movies, there occasionally. I didn't know the man.

But he has continued to speak badly about me for all these years. Obviously, hiding his homosexuality - talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself - and being fearful somebody would find out about this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought.

'Finally at the age of, I think, 70, he decides to come out of the closet and say, "I'm gay."

'Like, who cares? Be gay. Don't be gay. That's up to you George.'

Shatner says he is baffled at why Takei has continued to hold a grudge against him.

He says: 'You would think there would be an epiphany at some point, where George might have said, "Poor Bill Shatner. He's such a lonely, desperate, unhappy man that he did all these terrible things to me."

'Which I can't remember. I presume he can remember all these terrible thing I must have done when I said, "Hello" or something to him.

'You would think he had this epiphany and say - because he and I don't have many years left in this world - "I wish him well. I'm so happy that I wish him well."

'But instead what he does is he makes this big deal about not inviting me to his wedding.

'If I was such a terrible force in his life - even some 40-odd years later, because I've not seen him - that I effect his marriage where he has to isolate it, what kind of sickness is going on in the man?'

Shatner, whose video appears on his YouTube page theshatnerproject.com, adds: 'There must be something else inside of George that is festering and makes him so unhappy that he takes it out on me - in effect a total stranger.

'Why would he go out of his way to denegrate me? It's sad that the man can't find enough peace in his life to either say "Be positive" and say "I forgive him, whatever those hurts were", or to shut up about it.

'It's sad. I feel nothing but pity for him.'

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAeLFjNCb3A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAeLFjNCb3A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Oh and Shatner has been in some crap films, one of them being "American Psycho 2" which had NADA to do with the original one with Christian Bale, and he plays that letch on "Boston Legal" (I like that show; primarily for James Spader, but Shatner is over the top.) It sounds like SHATNER was miffed because he couldn't go to George Takei's wedding! "Don't be gay?" What is Shatner smoking?

Oh and Shatner has been in some crap films, one of them being "American Psycho 2" which had NADA to do with the original one with Christian Bale, and he plays that letch on "Boston Legal" (I like that show; primarily for James Spader, but Shatner is over the top.) It sounds like SHATNER was miffed because he couldn't go to George Takei's wedding! "Don't be gay?" What is Shatner smoking?

What he's saying is either do it or don't do it...don't just talk about it. Don't make a big deal about it. Don't be such a media attention whore. That's what he saying.

Of course, Shatner wrote the book on being a Media Attention whore. Where's a Clip of him "singing" Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds when I need one?

Back
Top Bottom