Star & Garter or Brickhouse

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
Flying over from Dublin to see Moz on 23rd at GMEX. Would like to go to moz nite on the friday. Which would anyone recommend. I am staying on Kings Road Stretford

cheers

cossy:)

Well the S'n'G is only on the Friday 22nd.
The Brickhouse is on the 23rd.

The Goat

thanks goat so i can have both. would you recommend to buy tickets now?

cossy

If I were you, I'd go to S&G. My friends started Smile, but now both retired from DJing.

Well the S'n'G is only on the Friday 22nd.
The Brickhouse is on the 23rd.

The Goat

Hello Goat
Just to clarify - a different post in the Events Forum suggests that B'house is on both 22 + 23rd. See below from the promoter (+ it's not me - I'm after tips myself as to whether i should go to S&G or B'house on Fri 22).

"The Brickhouse Nightclub in Manchester, home of Manchester’s longest-running indie night and purveyor of some absolutely splendid Morrissey/Smiths bashes in the past few years will be holding two special events to coincide with the Morrissey G-Mex dates on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd of December."

Lads

Which one is the bigger venue?? and in the safest area.

Lads

Safest area? It's not known as Gunchester for nothing, you know.

Don't worry - you'll get frisked for weapons on the way in, and if you don't have any, they'll provide you with some!

Lads

Brickhouse is very close to Gmex, Star & Garter is a short (50p) tram ride to Piccadilly Station, or you can dodge the Office Christmas parties and walk it.

As for safest area, the whole of Manchester City centre will be a free-for-all, with 100 people for every taxi. Let the games commence!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

thanks Oscar I will bring my own weapons but seriously in Dublin there are no go areas i.e anywhere northside of the liffeyno I was just wondering if the S&G or brickhouse was in a reasonable part of town thats all

cossy

i dont need more ammunition

Brickhouse is very close to Gmex, Star & Garter is a short (50p) tram ride to Piccadilly Station, or you can dodge the Office Christmas parties and walk it.

As for safest area, the whole of Manchester City centre will be a free-for-all, with 100 people for every taxi. Let the games commence!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

thanks Brel we posted at the same time

I had a great time at the post-Apollo Brickhouse party...

but I am yet to go to S&G soooo... :confused:

seriously in Dublin there are no go areas i.e anywhere northside of the liffeyno

Loike, oh! my! god! De nortside is grand, will you stop! Cossy, fair play to you for going over right on top of Xmas... the potential for queues, delays and traffic has put me off flying over for one of the Manc shows. Sigh, maybe next time...

Loike, oh! my! god! De nortside is grand, will you stop! Cossy, fair play to you for going over right on top of Xmas... the potential for queues, delays and traffic has put me off flying over for one of the Manc shows. Sigh, maybe next time...

Hi spicer I knew the northside comment would get a rise out of someone:)
why werent you at the new york dolls on friday night mate? we were graced with the great man,s presence

cossy

Hi spicer I knew the northside comment would get a rise out of someone:)
why werent you at the new york dolls on friday night mate? we were graced with the great man,s presence

cossy

I had other committments. I'm not a big NYD fan but I probably would have gone along if I didn't have to do... something else (ok, ok, I was reading "The Snapper" if the *cough* truth be told!! ;) ). Delighted for everyone who got to see him in the crowd, it must have been so bizarre!

I was thinking of attending the Brickhouse night, though I haven't done a disco in many moons will there be middle-aged fans there?

come to the Star, I'll be there, now is that a selling point or not? You decide, what have you got to lose (besides £3)?

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom