Star & Garter Friday 1st August

I'll have a chat with the author and ask him if he is bringing a pen with him;)

Jukebox Jury

I heard he can only write his name after he's had a pint, not that I'm suggesting the way to get the book signed is to buy him a pint! ;)

love

Grim
P.s. Mind you don't wait until the end of the night because I've also heard that he can't even say his name never mind write it by then! :D

I heard he can only write his name after he's had a pint, not that I'm suggesting the way to get the book signed is to buy him a pint! ;)

love

Grim
P.s. Mind you don't wait until the end of the night because I've also heard that he can't even say his name never mind write it by then! :D

Point one - a pint of Hydes best bitter

Point two (the ps) - I don't remember that occurring:cool:

Jukebox Jury

love

Grim

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind :D

So it's very easy to recognise him, isn't it? He will be in the bar with the head on the bar, right? :D

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind :D

So it's very easy to recognise him, isn't it? He will be in the bar with the head on the bar, right? :D

No, he is the one on the dancefloor, being propped up to prevent him from falling down:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Just like me then :D

Have they changed that slippy rug of the stairs yet? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, but I noticed last week when stood at platform 14 at Piccadilly station that they had painted the ouside of the building:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Can't make this one due to lack of babysitters again :(
Hope you all have a great time!

Aw, gutted - I was about to email and ask if you were coming!

Ben - see you there! (I can't work out how to multiquote. Damn this technology nonsense.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I noticed last week when stood at platform 14 at Piccadilly station that they had painted the ouside of the building:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Well I for one am outraged at this news - outraged I say.

hope you've had a disco nap uncle jukebox
if you were up so very early this morning

hope you've had a disco nap uncle jukebox
if you were up so very early this morning

Not one..... but two disco naps! (around 1pm and 5pm) and also abstained from Kathy's disco biscuits too:eek:

Jukebox 'On His Way Shortly' Jury

Once again, a great night down on Fairfield Street. Around 10.30pm the place seemed empty but once the pubs emptied, the place was packed. Not seen an August one packed for years.
Nice to see Reggie there, gentle kind, Mrs and Mrs Lazy Dykes and a few others whose names escape me (including the really nice couple who ''got lost'' on the London MozTube tour in January and ''found each other'';)).
Got in at 4am and had to be up at 8.30am:eek:

Conversation of the night:

Mr S&G - hey, nice to see your observational skills are good, the front has been painted for months...
JJ - Oh, well it's dark when I turn up, so never noticed.....:o
Mr S&G - well what do you think the scaffolding was for, for a couple of months?
JJ - I had assumed it was holding the building up to prevent it falling down:D

See you all next month.:cool:, off to my Mums for the weekend!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Once again, a great night down on Fairfield Street. Around 10.30pm the place seemed empty but once the pubs emptied, the place was packed. Not seen an August one packed for years.
Nice to see Reggie there, gentle kind, Mrs and Mrs Lazy Dykes and a few others whose names escape me (including the really nice couple who ''got lost'' on the London MozTube tour in January and ''found each other'';)).
Got in at 4am and had to be up at 8.30am:eek:

Conversation of the night:

Mr S&G - hey, nice to see your observational skills are good, the front has been painted for months...
JJ - Oh, well it's dark when I turn up, so never noticed.....:o
Mr S&G - well what do you think the scaffolding was for, for a couple of months?
JJ - I had assumed it was holding the building up to prevent it falling down:D

See you all next month.:cool:, off to my Mums for the weekend!

Jukebox Jury

An excellent evening, yes! Hope to be there next time.

Other conversation of the night;

JJ - You know that Jimmy Grimble film? The Star and Garter is in that and there's this fella walks into a room full of Blues wearing a United shirt and nobody does anything or kicks off when he threatens a bloke for £50
Me - It's a Liverpool shirt
JJ - Was it? Really? Oh well it should have been a United shirt
Me - Maybe that's in the Directors Cut
JJ - And what about the bit where he walks out of Maine Road and throws his boots in the Canal at Castlefield and then walks back into Maine Road when people like me know that Maine Road isn't even near Castlefield
Me - It's not real. It's just a film about a City fan. It's a good advert for City
JJ - Yeah but if they didn't say that Castlefield was near Maine Road then blokes like me wouldn't have anything to complain about and besides, the Star and Garter got paid for them to film so you've sold out because this fella in a United shirt walks into the room downstairs which is full of Blues and nobody says anything so you should have said something
Me - It was a Liverpool shirt. So you don't like There's Only One Jimmy Grimble then?
JJ - What? No, it's a great film - I love it.

Back
Top Bottom