Star and Garter - March 7th

Last night was (as per usual) a good 'en.
A bit quiet to begin with but soon packed to the rafters. There's a sign on the door saying 'capacity upstairs 100':rolleyes:

Met up in the Bulls Head with my guest for the night Uncle Skinny (via a splendid curry in the Shere Khan in Rusholme) where Mike The Tory and Uncle Liam + various others were in there, oh, Ben Bud too.

In the S&G at 9pm and started on the Jägermeister (a theme that continued all night!).
Had a chat with Dave the DJ and told him I'd been to see Siouxsie last week - half way through the night he plays The Banshees 'Peek-a-boo'. First time I'd ever heard a Siouxsie song in my 8 years of the S&G!:guitar: It may have cleared the dancefloor, but I gave it my all!:cool:

Highlight of the night was Deano and Mike The Tory competing for the attentions of a very drunk young women. And both succeeding at some point:eek: I shall spare the individual concerned (not too mention Deano and Mike The Tory) any further blushes by not revealing the seedier details...

Was also funny when playing 'Interesting Drug' and myself and friends of Mike The Tory rounding on him during the 'There are some bad people on the right' line:D

Uncle Skinny was way to knackered after a busy few days in Spain and he left at midnight in a taxi to The Jukebox Hotel. I was intending to leave at 2.15am to get the last bus home, but decided to stay till the end for 'There Is A Light....' and then walked all the way home some four miles, getting in at 3.45am.

Woke up late morning and Skinny had gone, so went back to sleep. Got up a bit later, had something to eat and went back to bed with the Reading v City game on the radio, couldn't be bothered going to the pub to watch it as it was lashing it down outside and given the result it wasn't a bad choice:mad:

Here's to next months S&G:)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Good night, I hope Liebe and her friend were gratified (or horrified) to find out that the tall baldy who had been harassing them and other ladies was seen to bugger off with one of the ladies of the night. Talking of which, it's a bit annoying to be constatly harassed all the way up to the station - "Got a light? Got a cig? Got some change?" - all the f*?@ing way. <sigh> Anyroad - thanks to JJ for being Mr Hotel, and good company. The curry was a bit too much (volume-wise) and so pints were out of the question - hence the double vodka and cokes and Jagermeister. I'm sure they used to call it Actifed. Good to see lots of familiar faces, and gratitude to DJ Dave for playing I Can Have Both after a request. There's a very excellent video-game machine that has all the old games that I like. Splendid. Good time had by all.

Peter

Good night, I hope Liebe and her friend were gratified (or horrified) to find out that the tall baldy who had been harassing them and other ladies was seen to bugger off with one of the ladies of the night. Talking of which, it's a bit annoying to be constatly harassed all the way up to the station - "Got a light? Got a cig? Got some change?" - all the f*?@ing way. <sigh> Anyroad - thanks to JJ for being Mr Hotel, and good company. The curry was a bit too much (volume-wise) and so pints were out of the question - hence the double vodka and cokes and Jagermeister. I'm sure they used to call it Actifed. Good to see lots of familiar faces, and gratitude to DJ Dave for playing I Can Have Both after a request. There's a very excellent video-game machine that has all the old games that I like. Splendid. Good time had by all.

Peter

Peter
Did you have to steal the towel and Gideon Bible?:confused::D

As for the curry, well you did insist on FOUR chappatis for yourself:eek:

Jukebox Jury

In the S&G at 9pm and started on the Jägermeister (a theme that continued all night!).

My spies tell me you were pretty drunk!

Wish I had have been there but I had to save myself for a big night out in Huddersfield tonight. Especially gutted when I heard there were were more men over 35 than usual!

My spies tell me you were pretty drunk!

I was my usual self..... actually, I cant have been in my normal state of drunkeness as I remember everything. Normally I remember nothing:D

And I definately walked home, not staggered.
How's your house mates thumb?:eek::eek:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Peter

As for the curry, well you did insist on FOUR chappatis for yourself:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Sorry, but laughed so much at this image :D

Love PTxx.

I ordered a peshwari nan bread, Skinny four chappatis. I think I ate one and a half of them by the end of the meal, Skinny was definately struggling.......:sick:

Jukebox Jury

Ha, that'll teach him a lesson. Where abouts did you go for your curry?...I know of the 'Curry Mile' in Rusholme, did you go there?

Love PTxx.

Yes, the Curry Mile, Wilmslow Road, Rusholme. The Shere Khan:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Even after my big Saturday takeaway ( I had Chinese ) I still feel hungry thinking about a good curry, liek I have said many times I shall defienately come to an S+G night...do you do the curry every time?

Love PTxx.

Without going into any details last night was the most fun I've had at one of these damn things for about 18 months.

Good night, I hope Liebe and her friend were gratified (or horrified) to find out that the tall baldy who had been harassing them and other ladies was seen to bugger off with one of the ladies of the night.
This amused us very much! I think it's really what he wanted all along...

Phill - Thanks for helping us save money on a taxi but sorry to hear that you didn't get in until that late! :eek:

The S & G's Premier Fanny Rats
image3722ru1.jpg

The two members of the S&G, who like a Tory MP fiddling his expenses, have no shame:rolleyes:

Boys, did you even get the young women's name?:p

Great picture, though Mike, you are slowly morfing into one of Nottingham's most famous sons - Kenneth Clarke:eek:

Jukebox Jury

I left my mark, let's put it that way haha ;-) Let it be known that i had the first dabble, and Spendlove picked up on the sloppy seconds :p

I left my mark, let's put it that way haha ;-) Let it be known that i had the first dabble, and Spendlove picked up on the sloppy seconds :p

But you went back for more after ...... ooooh, I cant even write it down:sick::sick:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom